1. Announcement - Regarding Elite Author Involvement on Featured Tracks - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, we have a new announcement regarding the participation of Elite Authors in the discussion for featured tracks. If you are interested, check it out in the link above.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest,
If you are interested in ghosting, go check the Ghosting Awards for March 2024 Click here to check it out.

New How to become a VIP

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Ness, Sep 1, 2023.

1. Ness

Ness dream machine Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Member Of The Year 2023 Official Author

Awarded Medals
    as with the Ghosting Legends rank, the staff would like to introduce tangible requirements to achieve the rank of VIP trackmaker.

here are the new ways to become VIP:

win an official contest
    how VIPs are usually made, tried and true. a well-hosted contest (straight-forward but creative) with VIP as a reward for winning is a motivator like nothing else. an official contest is tentatively planned for the end of the year, with VIP as a prize for 1st place.

get 10 featured tracks
    looking at the featured tracks leaderboard, there are only seven people that have accomplished this, all VIPs. 3-4 feats is possible by talent, but 10 featured tracks is only possible with serious effort and dedication. a trackmaker with 10 featured tracks will be made VIP (the inclusion of collabs in the count will be considered but not guaranteed, depending on the tracks).

have the #1 track of the year
    with the top 100 list voting being opened to the public, track of the year will be chosen by forum votes. sometimes a contest is at a bad time or not your style, and you make something amazing on your own terms. the trackmaker with the best non-VIP track of the year will be made VIP.

hopefully this provides a clear path to achieving VIP! we're excited to see who the next VIPs will be ;)

pawflix, Egona, a_drain and 19 others like this.
  2. loge_0

loge_0 ⁡⁡⁡⁡⁡ Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    this is huge

FIREBEATS, a_drain, Blank_Guy and 6 others like this.
  3. TPlacella

TPlacella Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
  4. Volund

Volund ithring VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    a very welcome update, one that was especially needed after the GL update. i hope this leads to more (active) official contests, more trackmakers pumping out quality features, and more activity for the next while!

means that CityShep is 1 feature away from VIP, which could potentially happen if an old track of his is ever looked at again (this was featured on BHR and this was up for discussion in 2014/5, so who knows)
    rationalities is (i think?) 1 feature away if all of his collabs counted. even if they arent, he, dantexpress, Coated_Badger, Figured and Eryp are among the EAs closest to 10 feats (who are still active-ish)

in the future, id love for there to be VIP considerations given to people with multiple massive/iconic featured tracks. someone like WyattStonhouse comes to mind, with tracks like Costa Concorida, Let's Explore and Vanish being multitudes bigger than most featured tracks. something something, quality > quantity... but for now, i'll take what's given :' )

all in all, very cool change, that may see a couple new VIPs in the near(ish) future. which can only be good for the game, featured track voting and the community!

pawflix, a_drain, Blank_Guy and 12 others like this.
  5. Seasnails

Seasnails Active Member Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Cool to see all the rules being fleshed out. Going for VIP by 2050

6. Wayward

Wayward Well-Known Member Official Author

This is huge. I gotta say, I really like how the ability to get these super sought after titles is being put more and more on the track makers themselves, in turn making FRHD authors more accountable for progression and quality of track.

7. Elibloodthirst

Elibloodthirst You're about to miss EVERYTHING VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Gotta say man. You crank out the best track of the year, you're golden

a_drain, Fluoride, Seasnails and 4 others like this.
  8. AfterImage

AfterImage Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I wonder if people are going to start skewing voting on their favorite tracks of the year with the fact that who they vote will become VIP, instead of their actual favorite track

9. Elibloodthirst

Awarded Medals
    Wow I can't believe asdfgfdhskaloi by Peepee69 won track of the year!?!!

a_drain, loge_0 and AfterImage like this.
  10. Strikerdeath

Strikerdeath Casual Member Official Author

Whoa, something i wouldnt be able to get XD

Egona and a_drain like this.
  11. Egona

Egona Member Official Author

fr me enther

12. RidingForever

RidingForever Well-Known Member Official Author

VIP is probably one of the grindy things to achieve here.
    Maybe I'm just stupid :secretcat:

13. TPlacella

Awarded Medals
    No far from, just make toty, easier said than done but the grind isn’t as big as other things.

14. Methodical

Methodical Well-Known Member Official Author

Just vote me so it doesn't become biased, easy.

15. Eryp

Eryp bearhugger! Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    hello everyone,
    with deferred being featured, rationalities has participated in the creation of 10 featured tracks and earned VIP status. congratulations!
    it's also been decided to give CityShep VIP because of their history of making phenomenal tracks. shep's legacy can still be seen today; a lot of authors are clearly inspired by them and rotate 3 in particular has a legacy as one of the most important and influential tracks in the game's history. congratulations to them as well

16. Elibloodthirst

Awarded Medals
    Congratulations both well earned.

17. TPlacella

Awarded Medals
    Ayy congrats

mR..A likes this.
  18. alexander

alexander Well-Known Member VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Congrats Shep & rationalities!!

pawflix, mR..A, loge_0 and 2 others like this.
  19. rationalities

rationalities Rock Drawer Elite Author VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    cheers!

20. rationalities

rationalities Rock Drawer Elite Author VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    to be honest. this game was never meant to mean a lot to me. at least i never thought it would. i started making tracks, meeting friends (mainly Tunavis who is a legend in my book, miss em) Then it became a safe place to talk and create freely not presured by expectations, until recently. either way i want to thank everyone for being you. sidewalk and mr..a for ghosting my tracks and testing to the limit. eryp, figured, volund, zwinx for tips and chats when needed. and to everyone else for just existing and being there to look at my inventions. thanks all

zwinxz, Methodical, pawflix and 9 others like this.