1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Update on Track Creator + Feedback on Campaigns, Achievements and more

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Blaze06h

Blaze06h Well-Known Member

Yes, does in a lot of online games. (Just see any Facebook game.)
    Though for the same reason I hate this... because it's a method of making people stick to the game (in a bad way).
    I think it wouldn't be much problem in FRHD, because the points/currency is used only for decoration-like stuff, not game changing.
    Also most of the pts would come from playing the game, not from logging in.
    And finally, there's no IAPs.

2. ThrowTheCheese

ThrowTheCheese New Member

Amen to that. But I would like it if they made an official app for it. What I fear is the unspoken rule that "With great free apps come Great IAPs"...especially for iOS apps, which is bad for me because I use my iPad for FRHD besides my PC. :confused:

3. LikeaSir

LikeaSir New Member

Where have all the tracks come from before because on mobile u can't create a track?[​IMG]

4. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

We are definitely planning on bringing FRHD to app stores.

We have no plans to limit play with IAPs but we do plan to add IAPs in the future for both app store and desktop, Free Rider HD unfortunately is not Free to make and support so we will need support from the community to continue to make it be the great game it deserves to be!

That all being said, from day 1 we have been quite aware and careful to not turn Free Rider HD into something that it is not, and we would not want to limit play or introduce a major feature without first bringing here to the community for discussion / input.

As it stands right now, we are moving in the direction of at some point adding a shop for cosmetic items that can be purchased with Coins. Coins can be earned through playing the game (collecting achievements, completing campaigns, etc) but for those that want things right away coins can be purchased through IAPs.

Fear of IAPs are usually from being blocked / required to pay money to advance which that will not be the intent in FRHD and we will be working with the community to make sure those concerns are addressed. Without IAPs, we would have to make the app cost $$$ which is a hard sell and would not gain nearly as much traction as it could as a free app with IAPs.

Does that make sense?

5. Caterham

Caterham Casual Member

Or special colours that you can only unlock from what you just said.

6. Caterham

Caterham Casual Member

Yeh it makes sense, i just want to know when its all going to be finished.

7. ThrowTheCheese

Yeah, IAPs for extra coins and stuff are fine by me. i just hope you don't add normal currency and some other "premium" currency that can be used to buy certain things, and that "premium" currency is very rare to get for free. It would be good if you could make everything obtainable without paying/buying extra coins, but you could price some items very high. That way people can opt to earn a lot of coins and buy it or to just buy it without any work from IAPs. :)

By the way is there a date confirmed for this update ?

8. DarkPlant

DarkPlant Member

Nice idea.

ThrowTheCheese likes this.
  9. DarkPlant

DarkPlant Member

10. Caterham

Caterham Casual Member

Maybe we can buy special vehicles with the poinst, i miss the box and the airbaloon and unicycle and scooter and monster truck......

11. Caterham

Caterham Casual Member

Maybe we can buy special vehicles with the poinst, i miss the box and the airbaloon and unicycle and scooter and monster truck......

12. Caterham

Caterham Casual Member

Hi eric, i was wondering if there are going to be more vehicles????

13. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

most likely in the future yes, but before that we have a bunch of features / improvements to get to first!

14. Blaze06h

The other vehicles should be "just-for-fun".

15. ThrowTheCheese

Ah, this reminds me of the good ol' days in FR2, where I used to experiment with the unicycle...:rolleyes:

16. ThrowTheCheese

I know this is totally out of topic, but can anyone recommend something besides torches for my signature ? I'm kinda out of ideas :confused:

17. Blaze06h

Cheese?

18. ThrowTheCheese

I know, but its kinda hard to get a good cheese gif...

19. Blaze06h

[​IMG]
    Lol. :D

[​IMG]

20. Caterham

Caterham Casual Member

Like in the tracks, but not the campain, And should be able to by colous for them aswell!