1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Update Upcoming Web Refresh

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Hey all - we have an update in the works and would like to share it with you and hear your feedback. One of the most common initial pieces of feedback we have about FRHD Web is how "blah" it is with an overkill of black and grays.

Here is what we are thinking to spice things up a bit:

[​IMG]

What are your initial thoughts? We know (from past experience) that people generally hate change immediately but overtime the true feelings of the change will come to light. So let it sink in and then let us know what your feedback is!

2. Phase

Phase Well-Known Member Official Author

What is with all of the wilderness biking?

3. Stig

Stig Stig VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    It's better, but I think what primarily needs to change is the page structure.

First off I think each track take up too much space with the thumbnails, which makes especially the front page boring, and gives the impression of the site having a very limited amount of tracks/unneccessarily difficult to find new interesting tracks.
    The good old slide- lists need to go imo. Also use less dark colors, i think you should rather use light blue (or atleast make different color-skins for people to choose from). Light colors are less depressive and give a more sense of life.

4. TheBaylorGuy

TheBaylorGuy Member

Maybe you could add another list to the front page, like a hot list based off of plays and with the leaderboard you could add a day, week, month, and all time for points and likes. You could also have a leaderboard for subscribers.

5. WyattStonhouse

WyattStonhouse Well-Known Member Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    The color scheme looks way more appealing than it is right now. However I agree with Stig that layout should/needs to be changed.

6. Eryp

Eryp bearhugger! Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    honestly the black and grey color scheme makes sense to me because it's the colors of the game, any other colors wouldn't make sense imo

pawflix, Smuckers, Elqte and 17 others like this.
  7. TheExtreamRider

TheExtreamRider Active Member Official Author

Its cool but like Stig said the page structure should be changed also I sort of like it more how it is now

8. LucJohnson

LucJohnson Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Every track is made by AwesomeGUY...

9. TheBaylorGuy

TheBaylorGuy Member

Are you blind, there is LeviAustin and they are all named wilderness biking

LeviAustin, Skrampt and Phase like this.
  10. LucJohnson

LucJohnson Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Woah settle young one

11. AntiSocial

AntiSocial Active Member Official Author

Web skins like bhr! Please man, everyone would appreciate

AidantheNarwhal likes this.
  12. PoyZin

PoyZin Member Official Author

same

AidantheNarwhal and Eryp like this.
  13. Volund

Volund ithring VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    upload_2017-6-8_20-32-57.png
    I feel as though the text and stuff below the thumbnail needs to have some sort of connection with the thumbnail, it looks weird and disjointed without a box or something connecting them together

I personally dont really like the colour, however, could there be an option to choose from multiple different themes (such as black, red, purple, pink, green etc) in the settings tab? I think it would be cool to have

I like the new tabs you guys have come up with (on the sidebar), however could the notifications tab stay and not be replaced by a bell? Idk may just be a personal preference or simply what im used to, but im not too big a fan of the bell

Could you guys also try and implement a forum advertisement bar or something on the home page, like if there is a big contest on it will show and entice people to sign up and enter (and not just 'official' contests, any substantial ones like the Remix Contest and stuff)? I think it would benefit the future of this game while also providing something different in a sea of tracks

All in all I think it's a cool design, even if it does look real childish (obviously to be expected, being a kids game and all). I dunno if what I wrote was helpful in anyway but yeah, here's my input

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    pawflix, DblU, Skrampt and 15 others like this.
  14. Reborn

Reborn Well-Known Member Official Author Rotten Flesh

Awarded Medals
    If the colour of the text was the same as the background of the side-lists I would be very happy.

15. PoyZin

You phrased that perfectly. It's exactly what we need. Also, I just noticed, my track "Logical!" is in one of the campaign thumbnails lol https://www.freeriderhd.com/t/432464-logical

AidantheNarwhal and Volund like this.
  16. spruce

spruce Dumptruck VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I think the colors are great, but the icons on the side are a bit bold, maybe if you thinned them out a bit it would look less "nooby".

pawflix and AidantheNarwhal like this.
  17. PoyZin

true as well

18. Examples

Examples Well-Known Member Official Author

color choices look like a 5 year old picked them. stick with black and white

Skeeny, DeathBob1, Empire and 3 others like this.
  19. BrandonBishop50

BrandonBishop50 FRHD News Team Official Author

Right away I hate it. I don't want every track named wilderness biking and LeviAustin / AwesomeGUY to make all the tracks. :/

DblU and Osiris like this.
  20. PoyZin

yea