1. Announcement - Regarding Elite Author Involvement on Featured Tracks - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, we have a new announcement regarding the participation of Elite Authors in the discussion for featured tracks. If you are interested, check it out in the link above.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest,
If you are interested in ghosting, go check the Ghosting Awards for March 2024 Click here to check it out.

Update HUGE UPDATE - Single Page App + New Editor + Stuff!

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Char

Char Free Rider HD Developer Official Author

ty, yes it is. lol

Dakoziol-2nd likes this.
  2. Char

Keep in mind that the eraser has TYPE erasing. It should suffice what I do the redo undo.

Dakoziol-2nd and Jgeleta1 like this.
  3. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    So I didn't read through this thread but things I notice:
    The brush still has a slower trail speed than the old brush even with the slider all the way
    I still get the bug where a part of a line will appear like it has a white stripe through it that I got all the time with the old editor
    Scenery lines look to be just a little thinner than before when zoomed out which is REALLY noticeable on 'Shadowland'

All of this is on Chrome

I haven't really been trackmaking with the new editor yet but as soon as I do that I will probably have more stuff to report

Oh and plz give us back shift wasd camera control :)

Dakoziol-2nd likes this.
  4. Flying_T_Rex

Flying_T_Rex Well-Known Member Official Author

I can't get the time of 2.60 seconds on Strat's Intro anymore...

5. Polygon

Polygon Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Oh. I forgot about the type erasing.
    Yeah. The thin scenery lines are annoying. They may have done that on purpose, but it may be a bug. I hope it is fixed.

Dakoziol-2nd likes this.
  6. Char

Fixed the slow brush.

Scenery Line width has not changed. I just compared the code.
    What you are noticing is that you can zoom out farther.

Dakoziol-2nd likes this.
  7. Stig

Stig Stig VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    i don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the screen doesn't follow anyone's ghosts anymore. sometimes i just want to watch other people's ghosts, but now i have to move around following it manually...
    also, a lot of ghosts are crashing when i watch them...
    i'm using chrome version 43, on win7

Dakoziol-2nd and Jgeleta1 like this.
  8. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Hmm will have to look into that, have added to our internal tracking.

We have that one listed here: http://community.freeriderhd.com/threads/open-bug-report-read-this-first.3201/

Also, older replays that used checkpoints would sometimes fail so during the rewrite we found and fixed some issues that would make new replays that use checkpoints more robust but could break old ones unfortunately. Also, we fixed an issue where replays were being saved incorrectly and have to delete those from the leaderboard.

9. gun

gun Well-Known Member Official Author

I'm using internet explorer on windows 7

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  10. Cynic

Cynic uh oh Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    i could

11. HelplessMoose

HelplessMoose Casual Member

Weird. Yes, please do have a look.
    I need all the coins I can get so I can buy that horse head... :D

See what MuazSag wrote above in reply to my post. You can switch to the ghost/between ghosts with the Tab key.

Dakoziol-2nd likes this.
  12. HelplessMoose

Pressing F while writing a comment after completing a track triggers the full screen mode.
    Steps to reproduce: complete a track. Focus the comment field. Press F. Game switches to full screen mode. Press F again. Game switches back to normal mode and an "f" appears in the comment field.
    Firefox 38 on Debian Wheezy

Dakoziol-2nd and Velksy like this.
  13. Skeeny

Skeeny Well-Known Member Official Author

Thanks Char! You are amazing! :D

Jgeleta1 likes this.
  14. Flying_T_Rex

Wait, never mind. I'm stupid. I was looking at the track time in the corner after beating it... I did get 2.60. The track time up in the corner is always longer than the time you take to beat a track by .03 or .04.

15. HelplessMoose

I noticed that too. It seems like the timer isn't stopped properly but runs for another tick (hence the 0.03 or 0.04 difference).

One more thing: the ghost's visibility. It has happened a few times now that I started playing a track and noticed after a few seconds that there's a ghost... In my opinion, it should be a bit less transparent.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    Scarpa likes this.
  16. Flying_T_Rex

Stop the pause after restarting a checkpoint.

17. WrzodX

WrzodX Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I want to be able to turn off ghost by clicking that "X" cross next to "CURRENT RACE" which worked before the update!

18. Char

K, I will fix today.

Jgeleta1 and WrzodX like this.
  19. Char

Hopefully we will have a custom settings panel that will allow you to change this.

Jgeleta1 and Flying_T_Rex like this.
  20. Char

Yes, I will fix this.