1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

New Feature Free Rider HD Trailer + Available on Facebook

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Hey All,

First and foremost, check out the brand new trailer for FRHD that we will be using for helping promote the game. Some of you may see your ghost! If you have any feedback let us know and we can use it in future iterations.

Secondly, Free Rider HD is available to play on Facebook starting today with one BIG caveat. If you want to play on Facebook with your current account you need to make sure your Facebook email matches the email you used to sign up (viewable in your account settings) OR if you have already logged in with Facebook, otherwise a new account will be created. Next week we plan to do some long overdue updates to account settings to allow you to update your email, connect with FB login + Google+ login from one account. So if you aren't using the same email or have previously logged in with Facebook and want to have your account merged hold off on playing on Facebook. The link to play is below, this is just one of several steps we will be making to get even more visibility to Free Rider HD!

https://apps.facebook.com/freeriderhd

As always, feedback is appreciated and welcomed!

FOIL, Ficus, Sono and 6 others like this.
  2. speedy__XD

speedy__XD Well-Known Member Official Author

Awesome :D checking out facebook now :)

3. FREEZ

FREEZ Well-Known Member Official Author

havent played it with sound yet, but it is MUCH better than the old one.

PS: WAHHH!!!! I DIDNT MAKE IT IN THE TRAILER!!!! WHAHHHHHHH!

edit: oh I dont use facebook

4. FREEZ

does this mean that we FINNALY wont have to use gravitar

5. speedy__XD

grr.PNG
    :D

No leaderboard?

Cryogenic and FREEZ like this.
  6. FREEZ

Speedy! How did u get gravitar to work?????????????

7. speedy__XD

Um I just used it?? :p

8. Eric

We are working on a global leaderboard right now :)

The per track leaderboards are the same as online.

9. FREEZ

Well It didnt work for me...

10. speedy__XD

Ah I just didn't see the best times tab at first since it was in a different spot ;)
    Freez, well I don't know what to tell you about that :p

11. FREEZ

12. Eric

Joelbmx likes this.
  13. FREEZ

lol eric :)
    PS and please see my post in "campaign 2 and beyond"

14. weem

weem FREE RIDER LEGEND Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    The video editing on that was really sick, props to whoever did it

Eric, FOIL, la5erbeam and 2 others like this.
  15. Joelbmx

Joelbmx Well-Known Member Official Author

That video was glorious.

Eric likes this.
  16. Sono

Sono Well-Known Member Official Author

:'D
    Twas about time you guys replaced the old trailer.

Eric likes this.
  17. ThreeAreFour

ThreeAreFour Well-Known Member Official Author

I think the video is pretty awesome, but I have only one issue with it that I think is pretty major: it doesn't show single player. Every bit of the gameplay shown is with a bunch of ghosts included, some people might take the impression that you have to play like that and not everyone enjoys it. I never play with ghosts because they're distracting.

Cryogenic, Sono, FREEZ and 2 others like this.
  18. WrzodX

WrzodX Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Is it allowed to have two accounts? I accidentally made a second one with the Facebook app :rolleyes:

FREEZ likes this.
  19. Eric

sorry about that, figured some people would get caught up, not everyone uses the same email for FB or logged in with FB before.

having multiple accounts is ok in that scenario, if multiple accounts are created and used to vote up tracks or "game the system" with future planned racing features that is where we will have to take action on multiple accounts. But if you are playing them as 2 separate accounts you are all good :)

20. Eric

Ya good point, guess we could have showed one for the campaign. For the trailer though we really wanted to pump up the multiplayer aspect as the single player is pretty immediate when you start to play the game and multiplayer aspect not so obvious. Also the multiplayer ghosts made for some more exciting footage :)

thanks for the input though, we will definitely look to improve that on any future iterations.

ThreeAreFour and speedy__XD like this.