1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Update Campaigns and other stuff

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I can't wait to see how it turned out :)

2. Blaze06h

Blaze06h Well-Known Member

Yes, after seeing all the hype. Hope it turned out exciting.

3. speedy__XD

speedy__XD Well-Known Member Official Author

GAH I AM DYING!!!!!!!!!!! okay not really but I am eager to see it :p

4. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Well, after all it's still just 10 beginner tracks that you've already seen so it's not that exciting I guess :p But still I'd like to see which tracks made it in there and how the campaign will look in the end.

speedy__XD likes this.
  5. speedy__XD

Exactly :p and you know you wanna know if YOUR tracks made it ;)

Sono and la5erbeam like this.
  6. WheelieMaker

WheelieMaker Active Member Official Author

Psyched to see the campaign this week :)

7. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Char just got back into the office today after a well deserved vacation! We are currently testing campaigns internally with some of the front runner tracks from the classic author contest, we should have a better idea of where the release will land after tomorrow.

At the very least we can post a gif play through of what we are testing for comment. We will also get the next campaign contest started this week and open it up to everyone. We still haven't settled on a theme but should still be beginner/intermediate adding a some progression in challenge

Sono, Char, Blaze06h and 2 others like this.
  8. speedy__XD

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D yay :thumbsup:

Char likes this.
  9. Sono

Sono Well-Known Member Official Author

You guys are my favourite <3

la5erbeam likes this.
  10. Eric

One thing we hit when play testing is the need to have some sort of notification when all tracks are completed with gold, so that has raised the priority of "Lifetime Achievements" where we will be awarding one when a campaign is completed with all gold.

FOIL, KTym49, WheelieMaker and 3 others like this.
  11. speedy__XD

Sweet :D So does that mean you are releasing some lifetime achievements this week?

12. Eric

It is Wednesday today and we are still actively testing, have put some requests out for track tweaks. We may not hit this week (I actually thought Char was going to be back in office Monday but was incorrect so we lost a day this week with a full team). We don't like to release a big feature like this later in the week, we will definitely have a gif or clip to show this week but release is looking like next week depending on this lifetime achievement.

KTym49, la5erbeam and speedy__XD like this.
  13. ThreeAreFour

ThreeAreFour Well-Known Member Official Author

Out of curiosity, why?

speedy__XD likes this.
  14. speedy__XD

Okay good to know ;)

15. Eric

Say we release a feature on a Friday, and something goes wrong at midnight there goes our Friday night! Or even worse we miss the bug entirely until Monday morning.

Blaze06h, speedy__XD and ThreeAreFour like this.
  16. Eric

That being said we have released lots of features on a Thurs / Friday so far, so it really depends on how much testing / confidence we have. There are a lot of moving parts in Campaigns that we want to try to get right which is why we are taking a little extra dev time.

Once we get the feature out we will be able to add new campaigns easily.

17. speedy__XD

Aha that makes sense ;) didn't even think about that :) Um is this your guy's primary job?

18. WheelieMaker

WheelieMaker Active Member Official Author