1. Dismiss Notice

Help with northshore features.

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by SlightlyDank, Oct 28, 2017.

1. SlightlyDank

SlightlyDank Member

Hey, I was just shown freerider by my friend about 1 week ago and have been working on a Northshore track with a tech climb and then a Northshore downhill section. I live in the Pacific Northwest about 1 hour away from Portland so I have ridden my fair share of Northshore irl. Because of this, I want the track to have that Northshore feel but I am having trouble achieving this. How do I separate the planks so it looks like a north shore track? Thanks :)

(picture attached with my current attempt)

Attached Files:

Volund likes this.
  2. CityShep

CityShep Well-Known Member Official Author

okay so if you want a look that is true to the style of actual northshore trails, you will have to draw each plank individually and connect them underneath with planks. this method is most time consuming, hence why most northshore Free Rider tracks don't look like this, but it does look best.
    nthshre.png
    just draw your curve, cover it with 'planks' (boxes) and then erase the curve you first drew. Be neat so it rides well. I added a 3d aspect to my example but you don't have to.

If you're not up for doing a whole track like that, you can just do the more typical method and do something like this. doesn't look good but gets the point across.
    nthshore.png
    once again you don't have t fully flesh it out like i did in my sketch, you can just leave it two-dimensional (just draw the physics lines I did and connect 'em to the ground). But as you can see, this method doesn't give the same plank look as the first method does.

hope I could help ;)

3. SlightlyDank

SlightlyDank Member

Thanks, I did a bit of testing and this is what I got Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 3.28.16 PM.png looks ok and rides great! I think my planks are a bit sloppy though :/ Thanks for the help means a lot I will let you know when the map is done! :)

Copyrighted and CityShep like this.
  4. CityShep

Looks awesome! I like that look a lot, not sloppy at all. Can’t wait to see!!

5. pssst

pssst Well-Known Member Official Author

First time I seen CityShep not be an ******* to a new user

Copyrighted, CHOLO, ST3AMPUNK and 7 others like this.
  6. AndrewVaughn

AndrewVaughn Well-Known Member

maybe cause hes slightly dank

7. CityShep

im a changed man

CIorox and Volund like this.
  8. automatik

automatik Well-Known Member

9. Pine

Pine Well-Known Member Official Author

<3 :)