1. Hey Guest, Pie42 and Ness have released an update for the FRHD track editor, with new features including a select tool and object tool option!

Check it out here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest,
If you are interested in ghosting, go check the Ghosting Awards for June 2024 Click here to check it out.

New Ghosting Legends

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Totoca12, May 2, 2023.

1. TwistedTender381

TwistedTender381 Member Official Author

REALLY

godSonic, Cynosure and Cerasium like this.
  2. Volund

Volund ithring VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    very cool and well-deserved addition to the game, especially where ghosting has gotten so popular recently! congrats to the new GL's, yall are the first of its kind in the entire FR series 8)

i do hope that some more older ghosters get given the title, even if they arent very active anymore (Noob/Fin being the first that comes to mind). guys like Fin and darksmoke were dominating on BHR, which until just before its death had a more-active, better integrated and more-competitive ghosting scene than on FRHD, in spite of the huge disparity in player-base size (due largely to the CP system, lower frame rate, and feat ghost integration on the DB). legacy points are just as important as contemporary feats, imo!

also really love the variety of (steep) requirements there are to attain the title, and that achieving any 1 of them means induction into the group. i hope that the VIPs take note and replicate it themselves. atm, the title is a bit random in the way it's given out, which honestly can make it feel less like a recognition of skill and more like an insular clique... perhaps a separate conversation for another day :confused::omg:

Sidewalk, FIREBEATS, Rayb25 and 18 others like this.
  3. AfterImage

AfterImage Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I have to decide if it will be easier to grind this game out for years and become a good ghoster or a good trackmaker.

We all know in the end I'm not coming close to attaining VIP or Ghosting Legend

Blank_Guy, godSonic, Cynosure and 2 others like this.
  4. loge_0

loge_0 ⁡⁡⁡⁡⁡ VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    one thing that would be really cool is if there was like a star next to your name on your free rider profile picture if you're a ghosting legend (sorta like how there was gonna be for EA), sad that it can never happen for obvious reasons

Bellboys, Blank_Guy, godSonic and 5 others like this.
  5. a_drain

a_drain Well-Known Member Official Author

Nah, you'll get there. All the VIP's and GL's have grinded years to get their titles, and you've already got a medal of your own, as well as a basically feature-worthy track (pulled from the opinion of the comment section of "Kyurem's Awakening"). I think those are already pretty big achievements just by themselves.

Sidewalk, Blank_Guy, godSonic and 4 others like this.
  6. Backtwice

Backtwice Honorary Featured Ghost Mod Ghosting Legend Ghost Moderator Official Author

Awarded Medals
    this

and also the fact that Noob did absolutely crush **** on here too, not just bhr. around the time when the first thread for official ghosts was made and the second came into action, I could swear sami had ten ghosts at one point (as well as the win for frwc 1). not gonna go into this same kind of conversation/argument concerning the old times like before, but if he didn't hit 10, it was damn close.

anyways, not gonna argue, just decided to say something every other year :) requirements are requirements and vip roles are decided in the way they are, but this should imo be an exception since as Volund said, legacy matters and sami was one of the reeally first ones to make waves in terms of the skill level of ghosting in general

e; thx 4 the title

Last edited: May 4, 2023
    Unghosted, Sidewalk, gun and 16 others like this.
  7. Noob

Noob Honorary Featured Ghost Mod Ghost Moderator Official Author

Awarded Medals
    i really miss bhr some times

Unghosted, Sidewalk, Enploy and 12 others like this.
  8. godSonic

godSonic Active Member Official Author

whats bhr? (im dumb lol)

Cerasium likes this.
  9. Backtwice

Backtwice Honorary Featured Ghost Mod Ghosting Legend Ghost Moderator Official Author

Awarded Medals
    black history race

Unghosted, Sidewalk, gun and 7 others like this.
  10. godSonic

oh cool! ty.

Whisk, Sidewalk, SilentFinger and 5 others like this.
  11. Totoca12

Totoca12 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Ghost Moderator Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I agree. We just decided to set the requirements first, without checking who would get it, but Noob got really close to getting it right away. We can totally make those exceptions if most people between Admins and Ghosting Legends agree. As we have discussed in the past, you MIGHT be right about Noob reaching 10 features. I don't remember it for sure and in my research the best I could find from him was 9 features (which is pretty close, but still), but it could be true. Also, I'm not sure if he passed you in features at some point as well, so yeah. There's many close calls. Also, if we made the top 100 list before 2019, he would totally be top 5 at some point, but that would be true for many other players as well, so it is what it is. But I'm pretty sure Noob will get the title soon. He brought the BHR wave to FRHD and totally paved the way for a new level of ghosting here, alongside you of course. Let's see how it goes.

Sidewalk, Enploy, FIREBEATS and 6 others like this.
  12. Xenom

Xenom Average Ohio player Ghosting Legend Best Ghoster Of 2023 Official Author

Awarded Medals
    its black hat rider lol

Last edited: May 5, 2023
    Sidewalk, Blank_Guy, godSonic and 4 others like this.
  13. godSonic

oh.. ok. um thx.

14. Noob

Awarded Medals
    i have a vivid memory of seeing this, maybe not from you but someone else.

Cerasium and Totoca12 like this.
  15. Totoca12

Totoca12 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Ghost Moderator Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I'm sure there were some lists over the years. I have made my own list of top ghosters a few times, but it was usually just top 10s. Some others have done it from time to time, but the 2019 one was like the first "official one" I think. Like it was made by the ghost mods at the time alongside some other FRHD ghosting legends and it took some months in the making so we kind of consider that one as the start of the "official lists". Maybe if you find a list made by mR..A or maybe even you or Backtwice around 2016-2018 that takes only the FRHD history in consideration, maybe that's something we can consider.

16. spruce

spruce Dumptruck VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Noob should get the title.

Unghosted, Sidewalk, Enploy and 7 others like this.
  17. Elibloodthirst

Elibloodthirst You're about to miss EVERYTHING VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals

Volund and Cerasium like this.
  18. Noob

Awarded Medals
    ahh, that makes sense. and no, i dont believe it was by mr..a or nalle. i know for a fact ive never made any goofy ahh lists

Unghosted, Sidewalk, Cerasium and 3 others like this.
  19. Backtwice

Awarded Medals
    only list I've ever made in my whole monumental life was for the 5 second challenge:thumbsdown:

Sidewalk, Noob, Cerasium and 5 others like this.
  20. Fluoride

Fluoride Well-Known Member Official Author

This is just the dedicated ghoster (or was it recognized ghoster) role on discord.

Enploy, Cerasium and Xenom like this.