1. Hey Guest,

If you are interested in ghosting, go check the newest set of reviews for the Official Featured Ghosts thread. Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice

Teams track jam (space)

Discussion in 'FRHD Teams' started by Ness, Sep 22, 2024.

1. Ness

Ness dream machine VIP

Awarded Medals
    track jam - 003: space jam
    it's your chance, do your dance

once a week, we'll have a small trackmaking contest based around a theme. there will also be a ghosting contest you can find here: ghost jam

this week's theme: space jam

another popular genre of track: space tracks! as with the jellyfish jam last week, this theme has potential for out-of-this-world rides and stellar detail. check out the ghost jam for a list of good space tracks.

so the rules of the track jam are simple:

• make a track matching the theme (in this case, space track. take me away from this planet please!)
    • collabs are allowed, but scored points will be evenly split
    • upload before 11:00pm central time, saturday september 28th, and post a link in this thread

Code:
    no starting code

the best ten tracks at the end of the week will get FRHD Teams points, 100 points for 1st place, 60 for 2nd, 40 for 3rd, 20 for 4th, and 5 points for any other track in the top ten.

the tracks will be judged by me. no scoring rubric, just make it fun and cool!

good luck and have fun!

2. AfterImage

AfterImage Well-Known Member Team Balloon Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Are double entries allowed

Cerasium likes this.
  3. Ness

Ness dream machine VIP

Awarded Medals
    like two tracks? yeah that’s fine

Spare1, AfterImage and Cerasium like this.
  4. MrFishyFriend

MrFishyFriend Well-Known Member Official Author

can the track be about loony tunes characters playing basketball?

SirHuman01, Spare1, nasrani and 2 others like this.
  5. AfterImage

Awarded Medals
    don't give people your ideas

I think originality and unique adaption of the prompt can only help you, not hurt you. But I'm not Ness

Spare1 and Cerasium like this.
  6. Spare1

Spare1 Member Team Balloon Official Author

https://www.freeriderhd.com/t/986439-alien-warzone
    My entry :) The detail was not the greatest towards the end but happy that I can contribute to my team
    I left you on planet earth for this one sorry
    A Space Jam track for a Space Jam theme would be cool, I'm sure somebody will give it a go

loge_0, Ness, Cerasium and 1 other person like this.
  7. Ness

Ness dream machine VIP

Awarded Medals
    since it is probably worth mentioning due to conversations about my judging:

these jams are meant to encourage casual, fun trackmaking. I will not punish you/disqualify you if you do not strictly adhere to the theme. I think most everyone understands what I am referring to by "space theme", and whether you take a conventional or a unique approach, all will be acceptable. Spare1's entry, as he pointed out, is "breaking" my one rule about taking me away from the planet. good.

if you reuse elements from other tracks, as is common practice with remixing and easier than ever now with the 1.1 editor, I will keep that in mind while judging, but there are no rules against it and it is completely allowed.

just make some tracks and I'll be happy, you'll be happy, and everyone playing will be happy too.

8. AfterImage

Awarded Medals
    I don't know what it is about it, but I feel like because I see so many people either not putting any effort into a track, or going all out, I feel like there aren't any "regular" tracks anymore. I think this is awesome! It maintains the fun perspective of freerider, and you did what you wanted to do and that's totally fine. I feel like people see these all out tracks and forget that there's nothing wrong with making a fun track. This one, and TOSHIRO's ODISEY by Toshiro_Flores capture that idea perfectly to me. Well made, fun.

Spare1, Ness and Cerasium like this.
  9. mR..A

mR..A i didn't break the habit Ghosting Legend VIP Team Balloon Official Author

Awarded Medals
  10. AfterImage

Awarded Medals
    What time is the track due? (including time zone)

Cerasium likes this.
  11. Cerasium

Cerasium Find your purpose. Ghosting Legend Team Helicopter Official Author

Awarded Medals
    saturday, september 28th at 11:00 pm central standard/daylight time whichever one it is right now
    so in 34 hours and 50 minutes

CK9C likes this.
  12. dzemas

dzemas Well-Known Member Official Author

could not this week :cry: but expect a bomber next week :evil:

Cerasium and Spare1 like this.
  13. Ness

Ness dream machine VIP

Awarded Medals
    24 hours left guys! top ten tracks get points, so be sure to enter a track, even if it is a short one!

14. OdysseusSupreme

OdysseusSupreme Certified Slowpoke Elite Author Team Balloon Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Ness and Cerasium like this.
  15. AfterImage

Awarded Medals
    Team Balloon is having technical difficulties, but we are arranging solutions.

16. AfterImage

Awarded Medals
    https://www.freeriderhd.com/t/986744-saturn-v/uploaded

A couple notes: Sorry about some of the sloppy detail, I had to make this in a week fml I'm gonna kms
    Shoutout holystone/rayb who made the smoke, probably the most prominent individual piece of the whole track, quite literally couldn't have done it without you
    Shoutout Pawflix who was emotional support ily bro
    The main section of ride is glitchy slightly. I know. It was an unfortunate side effect of code combining, it was moved off the grid the way it was positioned, but it SHOULD WORK. If it doesn't, I will remove this and fix it and put it back up. It originally worked smoothly, and allowed for variability within the ride. I'm sorry, it's not what I intended.

I am going to take a massive sleep now, I have quite literally spent every hour available on this track since Sunday afternoon.

Spare1, Volund, Rayb25 and 3 others like this.
  17. AfterImage

Awarded Medals
    There is one section of ride that doesn't work on the concrete because I made the ride for MTB before realizing it needed to be BMX. Im going to kill myself, I will fix it shortly

Cerasium likes this.
  18. OdysseusSupreme

OdysseusSupreme Certified Slowpoke Elite Author Team Balloon Official Author

Awarded Medals
    i got through the first section without problem idk about the portion inside the rocket tho

Cerasium likes this.
  19. AfterImage

Awarded Medals
    Screenshot 2024-09-28 22.26.21.png I need to move that gravity. I moved it right before I finished editing the ride, after leaving it untouched for the majority of the edits. Big mistake, I will fix that.
    Screenshot 2024-09-28 22.28.54.png I need to lower that line, I made it for mtb on accident.
    Screenshot 2024-09-28 22.29.26.png This section sucks. not much else to it. It worked smoother in editor. Other than that the ride seems to work as intended.

20. Ness

Ness dream machine VIP

Awarded Medals
    track jam - 003: space jam
    1. AfterImage - Saturn V - damn, I don't even know where to start. what an insane undertaking for a week-long track jam! not only is the rocket one of the best I've seen in the game, my eyes practically bulged out of my head when I realized we got to explore the inside! absolutely incredible moment there! beautiful track, the ride was super fun, particularly the ride on the inside. amazing job here man, what a track.
    2. mR..A - One by One - the powerups are well-timed, the planets and ships look sweet, and I appreciate the how the simplicity of the layout keeps some variety in the ride. solid entry!
    3. Spare1 - Alien Warzone - reminds me of the old days of trackmaking, just a fun track with a lot of character. the cows being abducted is great and I love the spaceships throughout, and the sign at the start has a really neat style to it. great track man!
    4. OdysseusSupreme - Cluster of Space Bodies - throw some simple circles up there, little bit of detail, and a helicopter powerup and you've got a fun challenge. good stuff!