Teams FRHD Teams - INFO!

Discussion in 'FRHD Teams' started by Ness, Aug 15, 2024.

1. Ness

Ness dream machine Administrator VIP

Awarded Medals
    :helicopter-large::truck-large::balloon-large::blob-large:
    FRHD Teams

the idea is simple: join a team, draw tracks, race ghosts, play games, score points.

pick your team
    points leaderboard

AUTUMN 2024 - september, october, and november
    team captains:
    Heli - Cerasium
    Truck - Eryp
    Balloon - Rayb25
    Blob - Pie42

team forums:
    Heli - Chopper Champs
    Truck - 1994 jeep wrangler (mint condition)
    Balloon - Democratic People's Balloon Team of FRHD
    Blob - blob gang

scoring: - earn points by getting featured tracks and ghosts and winning contests! for more info, check out the AUTUMN 2024 weekly score report thread.

important info:
    being on a team does not mean you are required to participate in any events! it simply means you can join the fun. you will get a profile banner with your team name, you can post in your team's subforum, and you can earn points for your team on the leaderboard.

team captains are in charge of their respective team! their duties include tracking points, trading players, making team decisions, choosing the subforum name, and so on. I have given them some rules, but they are generally free to run their team however they'd like. already we see Cerasium is putting his seasonal team name up to a democratic vote, while Rayb25 is ruling with an iron fist. for this first season, Volund and I personally chose people we knew could help us launch this project.

at the end of each season (this first season is AUTUMN 2024, from september 1 to november 30), prizes and medals will be given out to all who participated, the points will be reset, and new captains will be chosen. this is ongoing, the teams will continue on indefinitely. it is meant to add a little bit of entertainment to the forum, encourage more activity and discussion, so have fun with it!

and that's pretty much everything! there will be more info added and things may change a bit before the season begins, but I wanted to explain a little bit about what is going on. Volund has a new contest starting soon, a big opportunity for teams to win some points early, so get ready!

:star::boost::gravity::slowmo::bomb::checkpoint::antigravity::teleport:

pawflix, JustAGDFan, Spare1 and 22 others like this.
  2. Ness

Awarded Medals
    READ - the only information needed for team members:
    if you score points or wish to switch teams, inform your team captain.

:star::boost::gravity::slowmo::bomb::checkpoint::antigravity::teleport:

teams use powerups to perform team actions, such as scoring points, trading players, and adding gameplay effects.

only team captains can use powerups. if a team member wishes to score points or switch teams, it is done through the team captains.

some powerups cost points to use. these points are subtracted from the team points through the team captain, not from team members.

powerups can be used by team captains at any time, but they are only bought, activated, and recorded at the end of each week (saturday night, central time zone).

here is a list of the possible actions and a description of each:

:star::balloon:
    Team Balloon collects a star, adding 200 points for the feature of AMBITION.
    (for no cost) when a team member scores points, teams can add points to the team total and the user total on the leaderboard.*

:boost::blob:
    Team Blob has a boost engaged, lolz666 joins the team.
    (for no cost) team captains can trade their team members, and team members can switch teams, for points or for free.**

:gravity::helicopter:
    Team Heli has gravity changed, adding a 1.5x multiplier to each score for one week.
    (for 50 points) teams can add a multiplier to their scored points for the next week. e.g. 200 point featured track becomes 300 points.

:slowmo::truck:
    Team Truck is in slow-mode, subtracting 10 points from each score the next time a star is collected.
    (for 50 points) teams can subtract 10 points each from another team's scored points for the next time points are reported. e.g. 200 point featured track becomes 190 points.

:bomb::balloon:
    Team Balloon has hit a bomb, losing 100 points.
    (for 50 points) teams can subtract points from another team's point total.

:checkpoint::blob:
    Team Blob has a checkpoint saved, saving their team's point total.
    (for no cost, once per season) teams can save their point total, creating a new minimum amount of points the team can have.***

---

*an example of a star:
    Team Heli scores 200 points during a week, 100 for first place in a contest and 100 for five featured ghosts.
    The ghost came out the previous week (during the season), but was only just featured.
    The contest was hosted two weeks ago (during the season), but the results just came out.
    Team Heli's captain, Cerasium, reports all scored points to me (Ness), collecting a star.
    Cerasium can collect a star at any time for his team's scored points, even after multiple weeks.
    If no other powerups are active, the team scores 200 points.
    If the team has gravity changed for this week, the team scores 300 points (200 points x 1.5 multiplier)
    If the team is in slow-mode for this week, the team scores 140 points. (200 points - (10 points x 6 scores)).
    If the team has gravity changed and is in slow-mode for this week, the team scores 240 points. ((200 points x 1.5 multiplier) - (10 points x 6 scores)).
    Each team member that scored points does not have their user point totals affected by powerups.

**an example of a boost:
    Team Truck's captain Eryp offers Volund 50 points to leave Team Blob and to join their team. Volund agrees.
    Team Truck's team point total does not change, but 50 points are added to Volund's point total and subtracted from Eryp's point total.
    any points Volund earned for the week leading up to the trade count for his original team (Blob) and any future points will count for his new team (Truck).
    any points Volund earned or will earn are counted in his user total on the leaderboard.

***an example of a checkpoint:
    Team Blob has 800 points at the start of the week, and has a lot of points scored during the week.
    Team Blob's captain Pie42 collects a star for 400 points and uses a checkpoint powerup to save his team's point total.
    The checkpoint powerup creates a new minimum amount of points the team can have. The original minimum is zero (0) points.
    If no other powerups are active for this week, the team's new point total is 1200 points, and 1200 becomes the new point minimum.
    If the team has gravity changed for this week, the team's new point total is 1400 points, and 1400 becomes the new point minimum.
    If the team hits a bomb for this week, the team's new point total is 1100 points, and 1100 becomes the new point minimum.
    This saved checkpoint prevents another team from using powerups to decrease the amount of Team Blob's points below the new point minimum.
    After the checkpoint is saved and the point minimum is established, Team Blob can never go below the new point minimum (except for in cases of losing points for cheating).
    Team Blob is not able to spend points on powerups if it would bring the point total below the new point minimum.

pawflix, Spare1, nasrani and 9 others like this.
  3. TPlacella

TPlacella Well-Known Member Team Helicopter Official Author

Awarded Medals
    It's like FRHD unlocked a Team Mission Mode, bravo Ness and Volund, this is incredible.

FIREBEATS, Spare1, Blank_Guy and 4 others like this.
  4. Elibloodthirst

Elibloodthirst You're about to miss EVERYTHING VIP Team Helicopter Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Pre-existing featured points yeah?

5. Ness

Awarded Medals
    are you trying to break the game eli

pawflix, Spare1, nasrani and 5 others like this.
  6. Elibloodthirst

Elibloodthirst You're about to miss EVERYTHING VIP Team Helicopter Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Obviously

pawflix, Spare1, Blank_Guy and 2 others like this.
  7. Cerasium

Cerasium Find your purpose. Ghosting Legend Team Helicopter Official Author

Awarded Medals
    3675 points from pre-existing featured ghosts would be kinda nice tho...

pawflix, Spare1, Blank_Guy and 3 others like this.
  8. Volund

Volund ithring VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    :omg::omg: im working on the finer details rn, but the upcoming contest is a TEAM-BASED contest for BOTH ghosters and trackmakers... if you feel your team isnt very balanced balanced, now is the time to try recruiting some of either category onto your team... more info coming very soon !!

9. cmLd

cmLd Member Team Helicopter Official Author

is bro gonna make sapphire version became heli track

10. loge_0

loge_0 ⁡⁡⁡⁡⁡ VIP Team Truck Official Author

Awarded Medals
    LMAOOOOO i have so much finishable stuff on the back burner you guys are done

11. Ness

Awarded Medals
    I've sent each team captain a track in the shape of their team vehicle, great opportunity for a group collab or a wall-of-fame! the first season starts soon, join a team now!

vehicles.png

pawflix, Spare1, Blank_Guy and 4 others like this.
  12. Elibloodthirst

Awarded Medals
    Guy thinks he's me

Spare1, Blank_Guy, cmLd and 1 other person like this.
  13. SirHuman01

SirHuman01 Active Member Team Blob Official Author

I wanna see it bud you better drop them soon, 100 points/feat is worth it

Cerasium likes this.
  14. Ness

Awarded Medals
    updated the scoring and add new info in the second post, explaining how powerups will work! if you guys have any questions, feel free to ask.

Totoca12, Volund, Cerasium and 2 others like this.
  15. cmLd

I can’t really understand, but anyways..

Ness and Cerasium like this.
  16. Ness

Awarded Medals
    added a note at the top of the post. the only thing team members need to know, is if you score points or wish to switch teams, you must tell your team captain.

Volund, cmLd and Cerasium like this.
  17. cmLd

Anonyymi is probably going to get 200 points from feature ghosts.

Cerasium likes this.
  18. Cerasium

Cerasium Find your purpose. Ghosting Legend Team Helicopter Official Author

Awarded Medals
    bros glazing anonyymi when i'm right here :cry:

Ness and Volund like this.
  19. cmLd

oh shi I’m gonna get kick from h eli :eek::eek:

20. SirHuman01

SirHuman01 Active Member Team Blob Official Author

Changes I recommend to these powerups:

Gravity is a little bit powerful so I recommend that the price is upped to 65
    Bomb feels a bit too powerful (since you're paying only 50 to delete 100 from another team) so I would recommend either upping the price to 75 or nerfing its effect to 75
    Slomo feels just right, if maybe a little weak, although it could be played very strategically
    Boost becomes teleport, it simply makes more sense (to me)
    Boost now becomes its own powerup that allows a star to evade a slomo, cost 60 since if a star is very strong this week it could be worth way more than 60 points but if it's weak could be worth less than 60 points

just my two cents, this contest is wonderful and would go very well without these changes :)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2024
    Cerasium likes this.