1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Update Forum Rules change regarding "dating"

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eryp, Apr 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eryp

Eryp bearhugger! Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Hey everyone,
    recently we received some eerie reports regarding some users asking each other about relationships, and we decided to look into it. Turns out it's a lot more perverse than the original report! Not good; we want this community to be safe and welcoming for everyone. We can't condone nor allow people 18 or older to be "dating" in any capacity with anyone really considering the dangers, especially with members who are under 18. That's both against the law and incredibly creepy, and it goes without saying that we don't want people like that in this community. With that said, we're announcing some things:
    1. People who participated in this activity and had their age listed as above 18 have been banned and won't be welcomed back to the community (in short, it's an IP ban). That kind of behavior is dangerous for everyone involved, and we can't allow anything like that to be happening here. For the people banned for this reason, we hope you can grow to recognize why that behavior is wrong and to never perform it again, but you'll have to do that elsewhere. You wont be welcomed back here. It goes without saying that a legal adult "dating" a minor in any capacity is wrong and something that shouldn't be occurring in this community in any capacity.
    2. It also came to our attention that a few people were acting in ways that were unwelcome by others, meaning they pestered people about their past relationships or about how they feel about another forum member. This kind of behavior is also unwelcome in this community since it can lead to an atmosphere where the people being targeted by such questions don't feel safe or welcome, which is obviously something that we want to avoid. Members partaking in this have also been banned
    3. Other members were found to be partaking in "mini-modding" activities and using that to leverage favors in their "relationships" on the site. This kind of clearly manipulative pattern was seen to have been occurring for a very long time, and as such we came to the conclusion that the community as a whole would be a safer place without said persons. Looking past how annoying and stupid mini-modding is, the trend of manipulative behavior sent off alarm bells and really is something we also can't condone. Users participating in this activity have been banned
    4. Users who were found to have been involved in these sorts of "relationships" in any capacity have all been evaluated and have been warned if deemed fit and assuming they weren't banned under one the previous 3 things

Now, we do recognize there's nothing in the rules that specifically bans "online dating" like this. That's why we're updating it! Online dating is now a bannable offense. Any user found to be participating in behavior like this will be banned on the spot. The dangers that can come with dating on a site like the free rider forums are too many to count, and to allow that sort of stuff to persist here, a place meant for free rider players to come together and find common ground on the game and on other subjects, would go against everything we as a mod team (and community) stand for.
    For the users caught up in all of this, we STRONGLY urge you to read up why this kind of stuff can be dangerous and why you should avoid it. We hope you can learn and grow from this experience.
    If anyone notices this behavior continuing into the future, PLEASE report it. We can't allow it on the platform

Fluoride, Skriper, FIREBEATS and 62 others like this.
  2. Flying_T_Rex

Flying_T_Rex Well-Known Member Official Author

common eryp dub

3. YourAverageIndian

YourAverageIndian Active Member Official Author

thx eryp. new mod, new rules, better FRHD.

4. BoppityBop

BoppityBop Active Member Official Author

5. Cerasium

Cerasium Find your purpose. Ghosting Legend Official Author

Awarded Medals
    what's gonna happen to chad fretyetitisreborn

6. Obbyspeeder10

Obbyspeeder10 Well-Known Member Official Author

does this mean i gotta change my pfp?

Blank_Guy, SadHug, RadiumRC and 4 others like this.
  7. Terilune

Terilune Active Member Official Author

8. YourKidding

YourKidding Well-Known Member Official Author

well said!
    never really noticed anything like what you mentioned above, but I totally support it!

DISCLAIMER: WHAT I SAID DOES NOT RELATE TO ZYCERAK'S MESSAGE

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  9. ITAYGOUDZ

ITAYGOUDZ Active Member Official Author

i didnt see "being drunk" in rules or this post, but is it also bannable?

10. ITAYGOUDZ

i wanna know before i say stupid stuff.

11. pawflix

pawflix Well-Known Member Official Author

Use your better judgement and don't drink :thumbsup:

12. ITAYGOUDZ

uh, but i already do lmao pawflix

RadiumRC and octo like this.
  13. ITAYGOUDZ

why ban him?

14. BoppityBop

BoppityBop Active Member Official Author

Bruh

a_drain and MadMaxx21 like this.
  15. ITAYGOUDZ

i never met him
    thats why idk

16. RocknRoll

RocknRoll Active Member Official Author

Eryp Nicely said love the new rules you are making a great admin

17. ITAYGOUDZ

anyone there?

18. ITAYGOUDZ

lmao as soon as i said that

19. RocknRoll

RocknRoll Active Member Official Author

MadMaxx21 likes this.
  20. Terilune

Terilune Active Member Official Author

don't clog the thread

FIREBEATS, a_drain, Logeton and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.