1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Change New bike pedaling + death sounds

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

If you usually play with sounds off you may not have noticed the new update Char pushed out this morning enabling bike pedaling, tire and death sounds.

There is also a super rare chance to get the Wilhelm Scream landing at the right velocity. Not familiar with the Wilhelm Scream watch the compilation below:

What do you think? To much, not enough or just righhhhtt?

Update: fyi sounds currently don't work in Safari browser as there is a security issue that prevents them from loading, all other modern browsers should work fine.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  2. speedy__XD

speedy__XD Well-Known Member Official Author

Hahah I noticed this because of the scream! I play with music on too soo I didn't notice the tire/pedaling or death but then I noticed the death when he screamed and I was like whaa??? Then I listened to all of it! I really like it :) Great job increasing/decreasing the sound of the freewheel while in the air based on the speed :) Really makes it sound real :) I think it is awesome :) If it annoys you you can always turn it off :thumbsup:

Saul and Char like this.
  3. Char

Char Free Rider HD Developer Official Author

Glad you like it :)
    I just increased the volume, it was really low. I will be tweaking things as needed.

speedy__XD and Ira like this.
  4. fil

fil Active Member Official Author

Is it supposed to make the sounds in the creator?

5. Saul

Saul Casual Member

I love the new sound!

Caterham, Char and Eric like this.
  6. Goosey021

Goosey021 Active Member

i crashed at about 50 degrees
    the death sound played
    "Auugh!"
    i had definitely heard that before
    and then i found this

Eric likes this.
  7. Eric

Yes, I guess that calls out the need to add sound control into the editor. Although, we will look to add in support for the sounds within the track editor to follow what you selected in settings of the game.

8. Char

Char Free Rider HD Developer Official Author

The creator will now inherit the sound setting from the game. IE, if you turn off sound in the game, it will be off in the creator

speedy__XD and Eric like this.
  9. ThreeAreFour

ThreeAreFour Well-Known Member Official Author

Is there a way to turn the sound off until I decide to turn it back on?

10. Eric

In game settings that can be accessed when playing any track:
    - on desktop: click on the wrench icon in-game for settings
    - on mobile: press pause in-game for settings

11. ThreeAreFour

That's only temporary though.

12. Eric

if you are logged in it should be permanent, if you are logged out settings are saved to a cookie. Is your logged in settings not staying from track to track?

13. ThreeAreFour

I think it stays off when I'm logged in. It doesn't save the setting when I'm logged out though, I haven't deleted my cookies.

14. speedy__XD

speedy__XD Well-Known Member Official Author

Yea it was low :)
    Awesome job :thumbsup:

15. WheelieMaker

WheelieMaker Active Member Official Author

Haha this is awesome

Eric likes this.
  16. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I needed to play a few tracks to get used to the bike sound but I think it's better than no sound in the end. Nicely done and I like the death sounds !

Eric likes this.
  17. Blaze06h

Blaze06h Well-Known Member

These sounds sounds awe- Okay that sounded so weird. These new sounds are amazing and I totally love it. And "dat scream". You should add more screams (in the future at least), but not as shrill as this one or my ears will bleed. I was so eager to hear it that I turned my speakers to the loudest (well, not loudest, but very loud) and noticed the nice bike pedaling sound... and then I completed the track! BOOM!

18. la5erbeam

la5erbeam Active Member Official Author

Cool death sound lol

19. Blaze06h

Blaze06h Well-Known Member

That sound is gonna haunt me for years, I mean, that Wilhelm scream one. We should get more stock sound effects lol.

FREEZ likes this.
  20. Eric

Mixing in more death sounds will make dying on a track potentially more enjoyable. We will definitely look to add more death sounds in the future based on everyone's feedback.

speedy__XD likes this.