1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

New Feature Vehicle Changer Powerup (BETA)

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Char, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Char

Char Free Rider HD Developer Official Author

Some of you may have heard that we have been working on a vehicle changer powerup. This powerup will cause players to change into a different vehicle for a specified period of time.

[​IMG]

It is currently in beta, and only available on the offline editor.
    Get the offline editor here

If you already have the offline editor, you can force an update from your chrome://extensions tab.
    [​IMG]

THINGS TO DO
    1) One thing that has not been developed out yet, is the ability to switch back to the normal vehicle.
    2) More Vehicles
    3) More sound effects

2. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    honestly extremely cool. This is the kind of stuff I wanted to see from free rider HD! Finally some new stuff that will add to the game and the creative levels people can make. I love how it controlls and the fact that you can do a sweet flip and get some really high speeds! Hitting a power-up makes the heli go crazy though haha but I'm sure you haven't implemented that yet. Will we see upside down heli's when you switch the gravity?
    It controlls 10 times better than the one from fr2 as well! It actually seems like you could make great tracks around it.

3. Char

Sweet! Glad you like it. Yeah I did find the control of the FR2 one pretty bad. It felt too heavy. We can play around with the speed if its not quite right. I think I like it the way it is now.

Haha yeah, it is a bit crazy with boosts and gravity. Im not sure what we can do there.

4. CityShep

CityShep Gay Furry Elite Author VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I miss this from the fr2 days! At first I thought it'd ruin the simplicity of the game, but I think this is a great step! I'd love to make a track with a helipad getaway or something. Are you able to change the amount of time it's activated?

RadiumRC, Nicholas-Opuni, gun and 3 others like this.
  5. Char

Yeah I think its going to add a lot more to the game!.

There is a slide button at the bottom, you can change the seconds it is activated.
    I think we are going to add another powerup tho , that allows you to go back to the original vehicle. The main issue is that you may get to the destination before the time runs out.

6. Char

Spotted a bug in the boost, fixing now.

7. Minus

Minus Well-Known Member Official Author

hyped for the blog now
    this is sick, can't wait for it to be released
    head animation looks weird tho, it might just be me

8. Char

Yeah, the head movement in the helicopter is a bit weird. I didn't want to put too much time into it.

9. Minus

Minus Well-Known Member Official Author

can it function with bmx yet?

10. Char

There was a bug. If you update your chromeapp , it should be fixed.

11. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    how long did it take you to develop the helicopter and will the other vehicles take about the same time or less/more?

12. Char

Much less time.

13. Polygon

Polygon Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Really cool!!
    Just an idea that it would be awesome to add: A checkbox at the bottom (next to the slider for time) where, if checked, there is no time limit. That way you have the freedom of making a helicopter track with no timer.

14. Char

Yeah, we actually have that in the mockup. Might make it an option. We shall see!

15. Polygon

Polygon Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I really hope so! PS Thanks for official author status. It made me really happy to check the forums and see a new section!!

EDIT: There are 2 things that I think should be changed.
    1. When you hit it, it resets all speed. Although I can see the advantages of this, I think it would open up more possibilities if you kept your momentum.
    2. When you hit it, it always makes you face up. I think it would be awesome if you kept your angle (Maybe angular velocity, too)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  16. jroles

jroles Well-Known Member

lol whats the whole point of z on this. also did you make it so its impossible to automatically be the heli?

17. RiderExtreme2

RiderExtreme2 Well-Known Member Official Author

When will this be implemented into the game?

18. Char

If your tail hits anything, you explode. Pressing z you can avoid obstacles.

Might release it tomorrow depending on feedback.

19. jroles

jroles Well-Known Member

o ok now i get it

Nicholas-Opuni and Phase like this.
  20. RiderExtreme2

RiderExtreme2 Well-Known Member Official Author

REALLY?!?! Thats great for a WIP :D spruce