1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Update Campaign #10 Nature has been released

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Sep 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genericusername

genericusername Well-Known Member Official Author

this thread is juicy

CityShep likes this.
  2. Stig

Stig Stig VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    good job brandon, you just disregarded the entire purpose of the campaigns, in what appears to me, as an attempt of stating an opinion?
    the purpose of the campaigns were to be a training grounds for people as you describe as "less-talented", but how would you expect them to become better, when there is no progress in difficulty from campaign 1 and 10? And as the great opportunity it is to give extra attention to the tracks, of which there were put some extra time and effort into, why shouldn't they be prioritized? its not like they neccessarily are too hard just because they are detailed, they could be placed into different campaigns, based on what was actually supposed to be a progress in difficulty.
    it is easy for you to call out "ego", since you haven't really contributed with anything that might have taken some real time and effort tbh. this kinda makes me wonder why you would even care at all? are you sucking up?

also, if the community members' opinions isn't representative to what the players want, then what is? would there be any purpose of the forums at all, if so?
    do you have any statistics that proves that non-community members are all in fact worse than community members at track riding?
    1/10 piss post brandon

3. Mr_Snoogley

Mr_Snoogley Well-Known Member Official Author

if you don't like the campaigns, don't play them. if the so called legendary times of free rider are over, why are all you guys still around? the people who have been playing for years mostly hang around this website to brag about their tracks and/or complain about canvas rider being gone. just get over the fact that your beloved bike game is gone, this is the replacement, and that will never change.

Minus likes this.
  4. Elibloodthirst

Elibloodthirst You're about to miss EVERYTHING VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    We want to improve them to their best standard, we're not doing it for no reason. If you do nothing but moan on this forum about biasm and nonsensical subjects then why are you still around? We've been playing for years and know what people want. I'm sorry if you do not get that but that is your problem.

Nitrogeneric, CityShep, FOIL and 4 others like this.
  5. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Can you provide some more specifics on your issues with the editor in a new thread instead of just making general statements?

We have put a lot of effort into making the editor a good drawing tool. 49k weekly active users of the offline editor with a 4.63/5 rating doesn't really jive with that comment, let alone the players on desktop & ipad that use it daily.

If you have given it a real chance, like switching over for a full track would love to hear your input.

6. alexander

alexander Well-Known Member VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Mr_Snoogley and what exactly do you do on the forums? talk **** about the older members and post pictures of your ugly face? I don't see how that's better than legitimately caring about the future of this game.

Nitrogeneric, CityShep, FOIL and 6 others like this.
  7. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I agree with a lot of stuff Stig said mostly but I personally don't think you can just call the editor ****... I actually prefer it over the canvas rider one and have been using it for all my tracks since I started playing FRHD

genericusername and Stig like this.
  8. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Any ideas? Our objective with newest is to show all tracks submitted by time and not filter out based on ratings, Hot and Trending both filter on rating velocity over a time period Hot is around 2 days and trending is about 2-weeks I think.

In terms of getting increased quality of tracks into new, that's where community members like yourself really come into play being active on the game, here in the forum and mentoring up and coming authors, giving encouragement, pointers, etc...

9. Stig

Awarded Medals
    i know, i spoke too harshly when i went at the layout/editor. it was a personal opinion, that were hugely exaggurated as i was already caught inside the rant vortex.
    i do personally prefer the canvasrider editor and layout to frhd by miles though

Nitrogeneric, FOIL, CityShep and 4 others like this.
  10. Stig

Awarded Medals
    HOLY F*CK ELI AND ALEX USED DOUBLE HYPERBREAM REK ATTACK!!
    IT WAS SUPER EFFECTIVE!
    THE WILD SNOOGLEY FLED

Nitrogeneric, CityShep, FOIL and 7 others like this.
  11. Joelbmx

Joelbmx Well-Known Member Official Author

the new editor is great. I haven't started using it yet though because I can't live without the zoom to mouse feature, it makes everything so much more fluid

Eric and WrzodX like this.
  12. WrzodX

WrzodX Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Campaigns are indeed too easy, I recently swept through featured tracks and 90% deserve to be put in a campaign. Extra coins for top 10 place would be nice to have as well.

Dakoziol-2nd and DblU like this.
  13. DblU

DblU Legendary Non-Cheater Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I think this isn't possible, because some tracks aren't new.

14. WrzodX

WrzodX Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I don't understand why it's impossible. Aren't all campaign tracks at least few months old? ;)

15. ThreeAreFour

ThreeAreFour Well-Known Member Official Author

No, I didn't disregard anything about the purpose of the campaigns. They were originally going to increase in difficulty, but it was changed for themes instead after the first two were released and they serve as acceptable training campaigns.
    You just want overly detailed almost-trials made by BHR members + Maple to be used for campaign tracks, something that most FRHD members would probably dislike because they are too difficult. If you want to play featured tracks, there is a section for that. I think the difficulty of the campaigns are fine, the detail for most of the tracks is lacking but the blame for that goes to those who detailed the tracks and those who didn't submit better tracks for the campaigns.
    Also, ignoring the fact that you snuck in an insult to my tracks for no reason except apparent dislike of me, I don't understand who I could be sucking up to for calling out your ego.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  16. Stig

Awarded Medals
    What I want is nothing you should make conclusions about. You may speculate and ask questions, but not draw conclusions without me actually having stated anything about it myself. That being said, you are wrong about that.
    If I were in charge of the campaigns however, they would without a doubt be something mostly everyone would approve of. I would however like to see campaign tracks as something that everyone might strive to be accepted into (to secure quality in both relevance, ride and detail). The criterias would still be far lower than featured tracks, because of the quantity needed.
    I have also been a long supporter of lowering the featured tracks criterias, to encourage less perfect authors to make better tracks and develop themselves.

I also think there should be a new system to the campaigns, ranking them by easy, mediocre, hard and extreme, with different coin prizes dependant on difficulty. Still having the sub cathegories of water, winter, space aso. Eric

17. ThreeAreFour

ThreeAreFour Well-Known Member Official Author

The problem is, this is already the case. You just happen to be in the minority by not approving of them, this is why I brought up ego. The campaigns aren't tailored for you or me, they're tailored for newer players.
    I agree on that, this would be an effective way to encourage new players to become better without making them feel required to beat frustratingly difficult tracks like the current campaigns would do because of how linear they are.

Dakoziol-2nd and WrzodX like this.
  18. genericusername

This is a great, almost like different "worlds" in some games, having sub categories within them

19. genericusername

tbh Eric hire stig to work at kano

alexander, WrzodX and Stig like this.
  20. Stig

Awarded Medals
    i also think they should be tailored for newer players, but with a progressive difficulty. imo this would make the game more addictive, and so gain greater popularity. any other addictive game has a pattern of progressive difficulty, until you reach a stage in which you have to try for weeks to progress.

alexander and WrzodX like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.