1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing 4 Daily Challenges (Achievements!)

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Drum roll please...

Introducing 4 Daily Challenges:
    • WARMIN' UP - complete 1 track (new track completes only)
    • ON A ROLL - complete 10 tracks (new track completes only)
    • GETTING BETTER - improve 5 of your best times
    • RISING STAR - gain 100 points (note this will be a little easier when you have some campaign tracks to tackle)
    A notification should pop down in-game when you get an achievement and you can always check your progress here: www.freeriderhd.com/achievements

If you have feedback we would love to hear it! We have a couple bugs / smaller todos that we will continue to be knocking off but are now turning our focus to Track Uploading + Campaigns, stay tuned for more info on that!

[​IMG]

Corn, Sono and Velksy like this.
  2. Asierro

Asierro Well-Known Member Official Author

What are these coins going to be for?

3. Eric

Immediately they will be for uploading tracks, for future, will be used for shop to customize your player (cosmetic changes only), racing (yes I said racing :D) and possibly unlocks for track creator. Anyways, that is the direction we are headed but feedback from community will help guide it too.

4. Eric

Yes, coins will be required for uploading tracks. We want to gate uploading tracks with x-amount of play to help reduce spam issues that come with having a completely open database of tracks. We also plan on rewarding those authors that create tracks appreciated by the community, we will have more on this one later, but for now we are getting focused on track uploads, there is a bit of work required with that one but we are gonna get cracking on it.

Any thoughts on the daily achievements? Ideas for additional ones?

5. Pityboy

Pityboy Well-Known Member Official Author

Getting 100 points in a day seems too ambitious. You should award us like 500 coins for that.

6. Blaze06h

Blaze06h Well-Known Member

Be more observant. ;)

7. Pityboy

But campaign isn't even out yet. At yo FACE!

8. Eric

We will be watching the success rate, the 100-points was designed to be a tough one. Would be a little easier with campaign tracks to knock off.

I do agree that it's definitely the most challenging achievement of the bunch, I am 30% there with 13 hrs to go!

Besides the difficulty, what does everyone think of the achievements so far?

9. Blaze06h

Yeah, but achievement is designed with the campaign in mind. When it's out, it'll probably be easier than now.

Some more diverse set of achievements, not just "complete n no. of tracks" and such.
    I don't have really good ideas for achievements ATM.
    But I guess some basic ones could be like:
    • Complete n no. of track(s) without using checkpoints. (maybe for tracks that have checkpoints only or for all tracks)
    • Complete n no. of track(s) on the first try.
    • Rank nth (or better) on the leaderboards for n no. of tracks.
    I have thought of stunt achievements, but I don't know if you people are going to accept them, so I didn't mentioned them here.
    Also, I don't know if these achievements are for creating/uploading tracks too, but I think they are.

10. Pityboy

Really? You're playing too? Shouldn't you be developing the game further?

Nah Jks

I quite like it tbh. But I think the coins rewarded are a bit too much.

11. MalikBilal

MalikBilal Casual Member

the acheivements are great and i cant wait for the bike customizations :)
    i really like the 5 best times one. now that is unique
    i would really like some mroe achievements bcz complete n number of tracks is a bit too boring cuz every game has them. there should be something unique that i dont have in mind
    and how about monthly achievements and most importantly achievements like completed one track(newbie)
    something like that, that will stay with us as long as we play not like these one which will be reseted after 24 hours
    oh and one more the achievement collect 100 points in 24 hours is a bit too much i think. 50 tracks in a day? wooh. even 25 tracks are a great deal. it should be reduced a bit including the coins

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  12. MalikBilal

MalikBilal Casual Member

pityboy who knows how much coins the customizations are going to cost. the developers would have that in mind while introducing these coins and not everyone can complete all 4 achievements everyday

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  13. Blaze06h

See:
    We don't know how much easier it'll be, but still better than now.

Why my name always?
    I was thinking of that too. It's respective.
    More coins = higher price
    Less coins = lower price

14. MalikBilal

MalikBilal Casual Member

oh soo sorry i wanted to quote pityboy, changed the name

15. Blaze06h

No problem.

16. Eric

Lifetime achievements are definitely on the roadmap, we even listed them as "coming soon" in reality they will be a ways out as we need to get through track uploading and campaigns but they will be based off of your lifetime accomplishments.

17. Eric

Well only on my time off do I play :)

We plan to price things appropriately as well so that should balance the economy. It will allow us to be more flexible in various rewards.

18. Hashplant

Hashplant Active Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    To be honest, for those who doesn't ghost anymore because they doesn't want or any other reason, I believe that there should be "verified" authors title, (I don't want any big red font VERIFIED on any avatar, just something you put on/off, you mods), that could allow to upload tracks when they want and not only if they have point..
    On the other side, this system could prevent from spam from rookies.
    Please take it in consideration. I've never seen TP neither lolz ghosting.

19. Eric

Great suggestion, and that is something we have planned to take into account but are not quite ready to make any official announcements. We have discussed various options for community classic authors along the lines of what you mentioned above, we will do something to prevent the scenario that you describe above, we will look to roll out a solution when we get track uploading in place.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  20. Pityboy

Can we have more variation for the daily achievements?