1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

New Feature 1st Campaign + Placeholder for 2nd Campaign Released

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Hey All,
    We just released our 1st campaign with 10 tracks. To veterans the difficulty + rewards may feel a little underwhelming but we tried to tune both the difficulty and rewards to what would make sense to a brand new player. Campaign 3 and beyond difficulty will ramp up with Campaign 2 easing players into more difficult tracks.

Through our testing, even these "easy" tracks we have seen brand new players fail horribly, it is a good reminder in how difficult Free Rider is as a game and how assume you can get with a little bit of practice.

Rewards were balanced so that we can extend the 1st campaign with more "easy" tracks depending on how players progress and will allow us to reward more for more difficult campaigns at a progression that makes sense.

We can re-adjust the awards and sync up players accounts if we do decide to adjust rewards / move more tracks in or out of campaigns.
    Once we have the 1st campaign set and others we will release a lifetime achievements for getting all gold per campaign.

Feedback / bugs? Let us know.

Now that we have laid the groundwork for campaigns we can push out more as soon as we get tracks that are suitable, so if you are an author and would like to contribute to FRHD you can check out our ongoing contest for campaigns 2 & 3 here: http://community.freeriderhd.com/threads/free-rider-hd-open-campaign-contest.624/

Players that participated in the 1st contest you will be contacted through private messages.

RadiumRC, Realization and la5erbeam like this.
  2. FREEZ

FREEZ Well-Known Member Official Author

Where is the placeholder?

3. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

We added one track into campaign 2.

Sono likes this.
  4. Char

Char Free Rider HD Developer Official Author

As in there is currently one track in campaign 2, it is a placeholder.

Sono likes this.
  5. la5erbeam

la5erbeam Active Member Official Author

This is sick! :)

6. speedy__XD

speedy__XD Well-Known Member Official Author

Sooo glad my tracks made it :D :D :D :D Good job to everyone out there who entered and helped make this first campaign possible :thumbsup:

7. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    When I complete a track it says for example: your time: 0:43 best time 0:42
    But if I look under the track at the ranking, my best time is 0:40

What I'm saying is that the time that shows up at the end of the track as best time isn't really my best time

8. Blaze06h

Blaze06h Well-Known Member

I liked Campaign very much. You guys should make it more visible in the main page. I'm not sure though, maybe you people already did, for newcomers and logged out users.
    I do not have much to say, except:
    • The trophy icon in the middle of the thumbnail blocks it and makes it pretty much useless. Making it show in the side/corner is preferable.
    • As Max said on the other topic, make the short delay while showing the Track Complete Screen or something similar that does the work.
    • Can you make it so that it doesn't goes from Fullscreen to Windowed when to go the next track? There was a bug related to that, but the current solution is giving me troubles in Campaign.
    • Please make the thumbnails show the interesting part of the track. The starting position is not good enough.
    • 10 points for the beginner levels! :eek: The normal tracks are not even worth now. Higher their amount to 5 coins at least.
    • A message should be shown at the end of a campaign, so that one get aware that he has completed the current campaign before going to the next one. That would make the person feel the progression.
    Okay, that was much.

speedy__XD likes this.
  9. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I thought the same on some stuff like the windowed-fullscreen thing and that there should be a message at the end of each campaign and no it doesn't really make people aware that campaings are released anywhere so a big message on the starting screen would be great. Also, right now it says on the main page: Complete levels and earn ... , something is missing there :p

10. Blaze06h

I read it, I found it incomplete... then forgot. Well, that's the type of person I am.

11. FREEZ

ah. oh hey what are is the place for my tracks(s)?

12. Max007x

Awarded Medals
    haha I didn't know people could really fail at my dirt jumper track for the campaign but this guy points out they can...

He plays through the entire campaign. Worth a watch if you have a track in there.

edit: maybe you shouldn't :/

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    la5erbeam and speedy__XD like this.
  13. speedy__XD

speedy__XD Well-Known Member Official Author

Thank you for posting this ;) that was pretty funny, I especially liked when he got stuck on my 2nd track at the end. That was cool to see :thumbsup:

14. la5erbeam

la5erbeam Active Member Official Author

Except when he's playing your dirt jumper track notice best: 10.50 on the screen...lol

15. FREEZ

For a moment I just saw the vid... I didnt see that it was not by you Max... I was worried there for a moment

16. Max007x

Awarded Medals
    Yeah if this was me I think I SHOULD be worried :/

17. FREEZ

yeah haha. this would go all over the forums: "Hey every body, Max is like an 11 year old! He pretends to be old and awesome and stuff. EVERY BODY LAUGH AT MAX! HAHAHA!"

Max007x likes this.
  18. Blaze06h

If Max was that kid, he would have jump from the cliff he's standing on.
    [​IMG]

19. FREEZ

haha lol