Musical Thread (Vocals)

Discussion in 'Anything and Everything not Free Rider' started by SwitchKick, Jun 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SwitchKick

SwitchKick Well-Known Member

Hello! Do any of you out there sing? If so say it here! Also tell me what range you sing, and if there are any bass please tell me i want to be a bass singer and im going through voice changes, could you give some tips on how to sing bass?

2. hangover

hangover Member Official Author

Lmao who would voluntarily sing in a choir

AndrewVaughn and SwitchKick like this.
  3. SwitchKick

People who actually want to do something with their life instead of sitting on a videogame their whole life

FreakyK.T and bungo like this.
  4. BattleBro

BattleBro Well-Known Member Official Author

Going through some *squeak* changes.

THUNDER and SwitchKick like this.
  5. BattleBro

Stop sitting in front of a videogame all day.

THUNDER likes this.
  6. SwitchKick

me and all my friends just randomly break windows

7. BattleBro

Yeah, teen life is messed up man! Now when you're 87, it goes opposite. My voice is getting higher and higher with some awkward low notes.

SwitchKick likes this.
  8. Pie42

Pie42 Well-Known Member Official Author

As a 76 year old, I am scared that this is going to happen to me.
    (actually, though, as a teenager, I'm going through the point in my life where my voice starts to deepen, and although I've avoided breaking windows, it will probably start to happen soon. :) )

THUNDER, cctvcctvcctv and SwitchKick like this.
  9. SwitchKick

hey mate sorry i just realized how much of a d*ck i just was

10. cctvcctvcctv

cctvcctvcctv Well-Known Member

I do sing, though very badly

SwitchKick and bungo like this.
  11. Dougy0401

Dougy0401 Active Member Official Author

I'm actually banned from singing in my house....If I do, I get grounded. That's how bad I am. (I put on headphones, and sing along xD)

cctvcctvcctv likes this.
  12. THUNDER

THUNDER Active Member Official Author

Lol

13. THUNDER

I*voice crack* cant*voice crack* even*voice crack* *voice crack* talk*voice crack* normally. effwoew!

SwitchKick likes this.
  14. SwitchKick

Same. When I sing I just try to g t away with it by singing high

THUNDER likes this.
  15. Alleyway

Alleyway Well-Known Member Official Author

then don't sing. do sports or something

16. THUNDER

good idea!

17. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I've been singing for a few years now and I've gotten relatively good at it. If you want tips on how to sing in a certain style or how to improve your range whether higher or lower, watch some videos on it or see a vocal coach if you can afford it. In general, what I've noticed about singing is two really helpful tips; 1: too much straining will decrease your range, not increase it. If you're going to go full out and belt out some high notes, don't try it over and over for an hour straight or you'll do some damage. If you wanna increase your range, sing within your range 95% of the time and the other 5% should be slightly out of your range so as to eventually climb with practice. take time to rest your voice as well. and 2: confidence is key. you're never gonna get better if you aren't willing to sing in front of people or if you aren't willing to record a bunch of takes and listen to them to yourself to find the flaws and fix them. Also if you have previous music experience, like you've played other instruments or have written music, it really helps you learn vocals faster. Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt though cause I know everyone is different but hopefully this helps.

cctvcctvcctv and Alleyway like this.
  18. cctvcctvcctv

cctvcctvcctv Well-Known Member

Is singing anything like trumpet playing? Because I'm quite good at that, though I'll probably be a trifle rusty as I haven't touched the thing in a year, but I used to be a senior member in the town band. You have to control your breathing, and there's a lot of stuff about taking extra breaths, proper use of the diaphragm, numerous breathing exercises, taking good care of the lungs, and as Crypt is saying, to stay inside your range when practising. If you stray outside of that for too long (e.g. trying too reach high notes or pedal tones) then your lips get busted and swollen, and if you force yourself at it for too long then, especially in cold conditions, then the lungs get really sore and there's a chance the vocal chords go awry as well, leaving you to communicate in painful croaks.

Crypt likes this.
  19. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Well it sounds like you answered your own question but yes, I am a firm believer that all instrumental talents including vocals tie together at least loosely. Some are more similar than others but if you can play instruments, you're less likely to be tonedeaf because your ears are trained or are being trained to recognize notes in the proper key, so when you sing and listen to yourself you'll know more quickly what you're doing wrong. There isn't that many amazing guitarists that can't also play bass and some drums and they can usually do back-up vocals as well. Idk I'm kind of just going on and on with this but I really like music and performing, and I love encouraging people to play instruments or start singing. Don't get discouraged, these are very hard things to learn and it will take years but it will be a testament to your patience and will, plus girls love it when you grab that acoustic and sing them something ;)

Alleyway, BowlOfFire and cctvcctvcctv like this.