1. Hey Guest,

If you are interested in ghosting, go check the newest set of reviews for the Official Featured Ghosts thread. Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice

Teams track jam (jellyfish)

Discussion in 'FRHD Teams' started by Ness, Sep 15, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ness

Ness dream machine VIP

Awarded Medals
    track jam - 002: jellyfish jam
    from spongebob

once a week, we'll have a small trackmaking contest based around a theme. there will also be a ghosting contest you can find here: ghost jam

this week's theme: jellyfish jam (shrimpers gate.)

another popular genre of track: underwater tracks! this theme gives you a great opportunity to play with water physics, a lot of original rides and track layouts can come from playing with an aquatic environment. check out the ghost jam for a list of good underwater tracks. you don't have to stay underwater 100% of the time, but at least half of the time should be spent underwater.

so the rules of the track jam are simple:

• make a track matching the theme (in this case, underwater track, at least 50% of ride should be underwater)
    • collabs are allowed, but scored points will be evenly split
    • upload before 11:00pm central time, saturday september 21th, and post a link in this thread

Code:
    no starting code

double points! the best three ten tracks at the end of the week will get FRHD Teams points, 100 points for 1st place, 60 for 2nd, 40 for 3rd, 20 for 4th, and 5 points for any other track in the top ten.

the tracks will be judged by me. no scoring rubric, just make it fun and cool!

good luck and have fun!

Azgr00, Volund, IAmMutskie and 8 others like this.
  2. Coated_Badger

Coated_Badger Coager Elite Author Team Truck Official Author

Awarded Medals
    nasrani, Volund, Spare1 and 4 others like this.
  3. waddleshoes

waddleshoes Well-Known Member Team Truck Official Author

Awarded Medals
  4. Protvod

Protvod Member Team Helicopter Official Author

5. cmLd

cmLd Active Member Team Helicopter Official Author

6. Protvod

Cerasium likes this.
  7. mR..A

mR..A i didn't break the habit Ghosting Legend VIP Team Balloon Official Author

Awarded Medals
  8. dzemas

dzemas Well-Known Member Official Author

9. loge_0

loge_0 ⁡⁡⁡⁡⁡ VIP Team Truck Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Baltic and Cerasium like this.
  10. Cerasium

Cerasium Find your purpose. Ghosting Legend Team Helicopter Official Author

Awarded Medals
    he's in team blob by the name of Baltic

Blank_Guy and Baltic like this.
  11. loge_0

loge_0 ⁡⁡⁡⁡⁡ VIP Team Truck Official Author

Awarded Medals
  12. Ness

Ness dream machine VIP

Awarded Medals
    track jam - 002: jellyfish jam
    1. mR..A - Shallow - impressively beautiful sea life, and the 3d water and rocks look phenomenal. zoomed out, the big picture looks incredible too. I appreciate the mystique of the spiral stairs and the archway, and the antigrav balloon was sweet too. lots to love here
    2. loge_0 - Swimmer - the initial splash into the water was so satisfying, and the swimming movement felt awesome too. the geysers are sweet and fun. the dark cave part is sick and claustrophobia-inducing. your rock detail looks great as always, but sadly went a little bare on the right side of the track. love this one
    3. Baltic - Tremendous Lake - I really love the ship, I hope Mrs. Blob makes a comeback! you did a good job with the track layout, but I recommend adding some variety to the shapes of your ride! straight lines or simple curves are safe, but not always fun. next time, turn me into a blob and shoot me out of that cannon!
    4. Coated_Badger - Cozy Cove - I enjoyed the bumpy bmx ride, and the art pieces and detail are charming and cozy indeed. would have loved to see more water-based physics
    5. cmLd - It’s not deep yet… - a hectic ride! some cool movement but a little rough sometimes. the boost up to the fishing bobber was a great touch!
    6. waddleshoes - Hampton Roads - I like the variety of sea life in the bottom portion and the rock detail throughout! the boat was pretty bare and I wish there was some water, but good stuff here
    7. Protvod - Who lives in a pineapple - at least give me Squidward's and Patrick's house! the antigravity heli is such a fun vehicle to play with, wish I could explore more with it

Totoca12, Spare1, pawflix and 5 others like this.
  13. waddleshoes

Awarded Medals
    1. Swimmer
    2. Hampton Roads
    3. Cozy Cove
    4. Tremendous Lake
    5. Shallow -
    the animals were pasted from an old track, the spiral staircase is copied (not traced but almost) from some stock image and was drawn in august, less than 50% of the ride is spent underwater. The track is sparesely detailed (I disregard the elements drawn before people knew about this competition). The ride isn't creative like some of you say it is but it's nice and fun nonetheless. I gave my reasoning for my ranking of this track because ness put it at the top of his list.
    6. Sea Nettle
    7. It's not deep yet...
    8. Who lives in a pineapple

Last edited: Sep 25, 2024
    Cerasium likes this.
  14. Protvod

was planning on adding that, but it was my first time drawing and I did not enjoy it

Eryp, Blank_Guy, Ness and 1 other person like this.
  15. Ness

Ness dream machine VIP

Awarded Medals
    focus on the feedback I gave you and leave the judging to me.

and if I disqualify mR..A for having 40% of his ride underwater, i’ll have to disqualify you for having 0% of your track underwater

Totoca12, Spare1, AfterImage and 5 others like this.
  16. mR..A

Awarded Medals
    got the W, nice one thanks Ness appreciate the good feedback

there was no rule ever specified against that, what did my spiral staircase ever do to you?!? i'd say its pretty much 50/50 ride above and below water, had to go very light detail as i've been busy this week so had literally 2 days to create

Totoca12, Spare1, pawflix and 3 others like this.
  17. waddleshoes

Awarded Medals
    Ness Are you the only person allowed to give their opinion?

I did not say there was; I was explaining why I put your track in the spot that I did. Pasting your old drawings into the track showed lower effort than other tracks in the jam

I was explaining my ranking and the staircase is poorly drawn

it is not 50/50

should my ranking change because you didn't spend much time making the track?

Cerasium likes this.
  18. Baltic

Baltic Member Team Blob Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Thanks for the feedback Mrs blob will get that comeback

19. mR..A

Awarded Medals
    lower effort than someone who admits to being too lazy to even add water?
    [​IMG]

i'd watch what you call poorly drawn when you're responsible for things like this :rofl:
    [​IMG]

not a perfect 50/50 but it's a better ratio than yours lol there's literally zero water

and nah you can rank the tracks in whatever order you like, put me in last place every time if you want.. you don't call the shots so no biggie ;)

Totoca12, loge_0, Spare1 and 3 others like this.
  20. waddleshoes

Awarded Medals
    Do you think that sea turtles and boats fly? I specified where the waterline is in that comment. yes yours is lower effort

how is that poorly drawn? its the outline of the CSS Virginia

here is how the staircase is poorly drawn
    upload_2024-9-22_15-27-57.png upload_2024-9-22_15-29-17.png

Cerasium likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.