1. Announcement - Regarding Elite Author Involvement on Featured Tracks - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, we have a new announcement regarding the participation of Elite Authors in the discussion for featured tracks. If you are interested, check it out in the link above.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest,
If you are interested in ghosting, go check the Ghosting Awards for March 2024 Click here to check it out.

New VIPs

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Stig, Jun 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Fluffysmack

Fluffysmack Well-Known Member Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Both sides of this are valid. The fact that the game is dead is a major factor in trackmaking and how the VIP's/features are chosen. As the game progresses and gets older, the processes of choosing VIPs and features have to change with it. Without a full player base you can't exactly have full blown competitions. You'll just have to look at the smaller communities of authors and see who stands out. We won't ever go back to the 2015ish era, so why not just grow with the game?

I agree with Maple on the subject of the quality of recent authors. There is improvement, but I don't think it's quite VIP worthy yet.

The game won't ever be as active as it was, and it's on the decline. So should VIP stay the same? Or should it change with the game?

I think it's time to make a track :evil:

2. AfterImage

AfterImage Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Yes, you should definetely make a track. Been a long time waiting. Honestly can’t wait to see what you come up with.

On another note, here’s a question: like previously stated FRHD has changed so it’s not fair to keep the same standards. But I feel like since Kano isn’t making anything for this game anymore the only way to keep it alive is up to us. Mr..a did this by creating EA (fact check me if I’m wrong about that one) but I think instead of creating new titles we need to give out the ones we have. I believe it’s up to the older and more knowledgeable players that have VIP to make this shot, for sure, but I don’t think any of us want the game to die. I think instead of giving up on the VIP title you keep it as prestigious as it is and make it like the final goal in the awards a trackmaker can get.

edit: this was more of a statement up for debate rather than a question.

Also what’s the point of even having VIP anymore if we don’t give it out, because if you don’t it’ll just lead to a bunch of dead track makers having it and then it will have no perceived prestige except for the long term players without it.

Cerasium likes this.
  3. dantexpress

dantexpress Chuggin' Along Elite Author Best Trackmaker Of 2023 Official Author

Awarded Medals
    whats the point of having vip if you cant brag about it coz the playerbase is too dead to appreciate it :omg:

Cerasium, Elibloodthirst and pawflix like this.
  4. Blank_Guy

Blank_Guy Forum Legend Official Author

doesn't elite author have more power or smth?

Cerasium likes this.
  5. Fluffysmack

Awarded Medals
    Yea, we have a purple banner

6. Blank_Guy

I was meaning other than the banner. Do you guys have more authority over VIPs or no?

Cerasium likes this.
  7. Fluffysmack

Awarded Medals
    Nope, just a purple banner.

That's all the power we get. A purple banner

8. Elibloodthirst

Elibloodthirst You're about to miss EVERYTHING VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Lol
    Zycerak > VIP > Elite Author > Users with 3-1 feats > Official Authors > The rest

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  9. Rayb25

Rayb25 Certified Freak Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Zycerak is the real VIP

10. Blank_Guy

Zycerak is the god of this game

Cerasium likes this.
  11. AfterImage

AfterImage Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    ah but you forget, whatever you say when wearing the purple banner is satire

Fluffysmack and Cerasium like this.
  12. Cerasium

Cerasium Find your purpose. Ghosting Legend Official Author

Awarded Medals
    i have won 3 official Free Rider HD contests so i should be VIP :secretcat:

13. Elibloodthirst

Elibloodthirst You're about to miss EVERYTHING VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Ghosting ones don't count

14. Cerasium

Cerasium Find your purpose. Ghosting Legend Official Author

Awarded Medals
    :(:(:(

:cry::cry::cry:

pawflix, TPlacella and AfterImage like this.
  15. Calculus

Calculus Community Developer Staff Member Administrator Ghost Moderator

Awarded Medals
    The only official official contests were the holiday themed contests, and the powerups contest which took place in 2016.
    https://community.freeriderhd.com/threads/frhd-official-contest.5185/
    https://community.freeriderhd.com/threads/halloween-official-contest.8382/
    https://community.freeriderhd.com/threads/official-winter-track-contest.8466/