1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Dec 11 - Update + Notifications Released

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Hey y'all mid week update.

We released notifications today, well "notification" as we are only pushing one type at the moment and that is when you are on a track leaderboard and someone passes your time. If you see any issues or have feedback let us know! From our in-office testing it has certainly made FRHD more social, engaging and competitive!

Our plan with notifications is to extend with other useful events over time and this has given us the framework to do that (subscribed author releases new track, challenged to race, etc). We plan to hook in email after we add a notification settings where you will be able disable both in game and email notifications by type.

[​IMG]

For those that found out about FRHD today from the reddit post welcome, for those that already found us don't forget to upboat!
    http://www.reddit.com/r/WebGames/comments/1snmeu/free_rider_hd/

Thanks to all the feedback to date, it has helped us address issues and help queue up ideas for possible future projects.

And, if you have a mobile device don't forget you can play on that! We really want to make FRHD just as enjoyable to play on tablet and phone as it is on desktop, so feedback for those devices are welcomed!

Unadvertised, Calculus, Pie42 and 5 others like this.
  2. pssst

pssst Forum Legend Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    You should include options to disable certain notifications. I can foresee ghosting notifications becoming annoying for myself.

Pie42 likes this.
  3. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Agreed, before adding any more notifications we will be rolling out notification settings where new and existing ones will default to enabled and players can decide which to disable. We don't want to be spammy and players will be in full control of notifications.

Pie42 and jaketocake like this.
  4. Stig

Stig Stig VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    what about including new threads in the announcements section as notifications? i think they need more highlight than what they currently have, and are easy to miss.

5. pssst

pssst Forum Legend Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I agree, the forum should be more connected to the site.

Pie42, DarkPlant and niclauzon like this.
  6. DarkPlant

DarkPlant Member

Qt :)

Pie42 likes this.
  7. genericusername

genericusername Well-Known Member Official Author

really digging this update

a_drain and NotVeryGood like this.
  8. ClownCar5

ClownCar5 Active Member

Same i really like this update i think it is cool.