1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Update New Campaign Unlock Strategy

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Hey all,

In my earlier post, I had commented on that we had hit a hiccup with the "Skip for coins" but I didn't get into specifics, so I will do that now.

Main issue with current campaign is the unlock strategy and our desire to release partial campaigns (aka. 5 action tracks, 5 fantasy and then add 5 more action and 5 more fantasy). Currently campaigns unlock when you complete or soon to be skip tracks in order, this creates a big issue when we start to push out incomplete campaigns and add to them over time to hit our magical 10 track campaign #.

What I am proposing and now leaning heavily towards is changing each campaign to have it's own requirements for unlocking for example with our current set:
    - Learning the Ropes is unlocked for everyone when you sign up
    - Training Wheels Off is unlocked after say 4 Gold Medals

For future Campaigns, they can be a mix of Gold Medals but even other aspects of the game like: Race 5 Friends, Rate 5 Tracks, Create a track, Earn 5000 coins, etc....

This sets up in my opinion a much more interesting unlock strategy where players can follow multiple paths.

Inside a campaign you would still only get 1 free track unlocked, if you hit a road block that is where skip for coins would come in.

Now the not so good part, since this is a deviation from the current unlock strategy this will require a bit more dev work but we should be able to get it out next week. It seems like this is the way to go and will set up a lot more interesting unlock strategies for future campaigns, what do you think?

2. FREEZ

FREEZ Well-Known Member Official Author

I have always thought this defeats the purpose of campaigns; try,lose,try again,lose, try again, succeed, hence making you better.

But I suppose this would be nice for new players, and they are the ones who would use this, so I guess that my opinion should not be weighed as heavily, as say, JacobCahoon's!

JK! Some other noob person

Cryogenic likes this.
  3. FREEZ

HEY! I JUST NOTICED SOMETHING!

On the side where it says "recomended", The newest by that author is now at the top! Yippee! Same with the "created" personal page! Thanks devs!

4. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Well-Known Member Official Author

I think the cost to skip a track is a good idea. I'm fine with the wait until next week, game performance comes first :thumbsup:

Elibloodthirst and LucJohnson like this.
  5. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Yeah that unlock system would be cool. The trial campaign for example is very hard compared to the other ones, so you could have that unlock when you get gold for every track in the first 2 campaigns. Then for the dirt jump one you could unlock it by racing your friends. Sounds fun to me!

LucJohnson, Joelbmx, FREEZ and 2 others like this.
  6. Cryogenic

That sounds good! I like the idea for how to unlock the trials campaign.

LucJohnson and Eric like this.
  7. codrey

codrey Guest

I'm liking the sound of this idea! But BE QUICK! I have been on the edge of my seat waiting for the next campaign for ages! Godspeed to you guys, Eric , Char and Velksy ! :thumbsup:

LucJohnson, FREEZ and Cryogenic like this.
  8. weem

weem FREE RIDER LEGEND Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    swaggy

Sono and Skeeny like this.
  9. Pancakes345

Pancakes345 Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I'm anxious to see whether I got campaign or not. There's a .000000000001% chance I did, but i still have that feeling in my gut.

FREEZ, codrey and Skeeny like this.
  10. Skeeny

Skeeny Well-Known Member Official Author

I know the feeling! I have a feeling that I MIGHT have a chance of getting in with a few of my tracks! :) good luck!

codrey likes this.
  11. FREEZ

I wont get in. period. I have a feeling in my gut as well... :(

LucJohnson and Skeeny like this.
  12. Reborn

Reborn Well-Known Member Official Author Rotten Flesh

Awarded Medals
    Second! Can't wait for the trials campaign to come out.

codrey, Skeeny and Cryogenic like this.
  13. weem

weem FREE RIDER LEGEND Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I'm pretty psyched to see if I get in too. But if you don't, don't whine and moan about it, just accept that you didn't get it and move on.

FOIL, codrey, LucJohnson and 2 others like this.
  14. Cryogenic

Well said.

LucJohnson and Skeeny like this.
  15. Skeeny

I think your tracks are good enough! ;)
    Yeah, I'm not a sore loser, especially when I keep losing when I play singles in tennis but I'm getting better! YAY! It's the same with FR. Practice, practice and practice. :)

codrey and LucJohnson like this.
  16. LucJohnson

LucJohnson Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I hope I make it, it won't be the end of the world if I don't or will it?? o_O
    Nah jks, I'm just excited to see the other campaign tracks :p

codrey and Skeeny like this.
  17. LucJohnson

Awarded Medals
    Also just work a bit harder, who knows, their might be more campaigns?? :D

Skeeny likes this.
  18. Skeeny

HAHA!! Yeah, I'm pretty sure at least 1 of your gravity mania ones will!
    Yeah, I try to detail but I'm horrible...seriously!! I hope there are more campaigns!!

LucJohnson likes this.
  19. LucJohnson

Awarded Medals
    Yeh I wish so too. Also my gravity Mania's don't fit in any of the categories, so I entered them in mountains :p

Skeeny likes this.
  20. Skeeny

OMG!! I think you should enter them in action...my opinion! I hope mountains fit it! One of the gravity mania's would fit in caves. :)

LucJohnson likes this.