1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Update Random Development Blog

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Char, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Flying_T_Rex

Flying_T_Rex Well-Known Member Official Author

Screenshot 2015-05-06 at 20.42.46 - Edited.png
    ding ding ding ding ding!

2. LUCKY_R1D3R

LUCKY_R1D3R Active Member Official Author

3. IsaiahRed

IsaiahRed Well-Known Member Official Author

there so many things to talk about.:eek:

ConnorMcInnis likes this.
  4. Woodmas

Woodmas Active Member Official Author

It has been 10 days...

IsaiahRed, Dakoziol-2nd and Jgeleta1 like this.
  5. RiderExtreme2

RiderExtreme2 Well-Known Member Official Author

Be patient. Could you code anything like the new editor? I rest my case.

6. Woodmas

Woodmas Active Member Official Author

just saying...

Jgeleta1 likes this.
  7. FREEZ

FREEZ Well-Known Member Official Author

like drugs? cause i do drugs. They should let me in cause i do drugs ")

sry i was intoxicated when i posted this

8. Scarpa

Scarpa Well-Known Member Official Author

Char When will the new editor come out for all the noobs like me who aren't official authors?

9. Dakoziol-2nd

Dakoziol-2nd Well-Known Member Official Author

It happens to be way too easy to be an official author right now (I probably shouldn't be) so make one or two good tracks and Official Author status shouldn't be a problem.

10. Scarpa

Scarpa Well-Known Member Official Author

ConnorMcInnis likes this.
  11. Jgeleta1

Jgeleta1 Active Member Official Author

Does anybody else see that they are probably updating the game right now :D ;) Velksy Char Eric Lord8Bit Ash Ehhhhh
    e:is that why there has been so many things glitching out today?

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  12. driveslow

driveslow Active Member Official Author

Char I had no idea this thread existed! I know what I'm doing at work tomorrow while not working :D

RiderExtreme2 likes this.
  13. Char

Char Free Rider HD Developer Official Author

haha yeah, there is not much on it.

I will start updating it more when I have the time :p

14. driveslow

The hard part about blogging is... the blogging part. You're endeavors in react and/or raw canvas (?) would be a fascinating read, you should carve out some time for that! I always think that I'm not experienced enough in any one topic -- however, blog posts about little problems and the solutions found often replace stackoverflow while trying google some fringe whoop dee doo javascript problem.

Like re-mapping this source to represent a more traditional array of objects: http://services.swpc.noaa.gov/experimental/products/solar-wind/mag-1-day.json
    If somebody had written a blog post about reconfiguring that type of array thingy, I would have found it. I could write that!

Anyways, I think you could write a compelling dev blog. 10/10 would read.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    Char likes this.
  15. Char

Char Free Rider HD Developer Official Author

Yeah, I haven't kept up with this.
    I should really look at writing more of a development blog.

Anyways, for those who aren't official and still want to be in the loop. Some work is being done to bring more vehicles into Free Rider HD.

16. driveslow

Char Nice! I forgot about this! I actually came to the forum to look for the javascript object builder script I asked you about. Lookin good!

a_drain likes this.
  17. Polygon

Polygon Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Allow me to share my mind.
    That looks like it would be the most stupid update to Free Rider ever. Even worse than getting rid of front wheel braking and CR's checkpoint system. I am a big fan of the FR2 vehicles and want them to be in the game, but making them a powerup? Are you serious? You're going to make something where when you hit it, you magically turn in to a helicopter and then have a limited time before you magically turn back? What are you thinking? Would it be too hard to just have you start the track as a helicopter so you're not on a time limit? Just the addition of anything on a time limit destroys the game's simplicity. Why not just make it like Free Rider 2? FR2's system was so much better than this I don't even know why you would think this stupid powerup thing could possibly be a good idea.

WrzodX likes this.
  18. codrey

codrey Guest

Read Please (open)

Polygon as you can see in the spoiler above, that is why it is a power-up and not a permanent thing. And why would it be such a bad thing? The only actual reason why you thought it was such a bad thing in your above post was because A. It wasn't permanent and B. Because it isn't the same as FR2's system. Sure, it isn't as handy to have it as a permanent thing but as Eric said they don't want to ruin the simplicity of the game, but at the same time they want to bring in the different vehicles. This does both simultaneously.
    Something that you also need to understand is that FRHD will never be BHR, FR2, CR or any of them sites. The devs are trying to make something different and new, not something that is all but the same as the other sites. You need originality in the game while also keeping the basics as well- something they've done nicely imo. I respect your opinion (I agree with you in particular with the cp system) and I'm not trying to have a go at you either, just wanted you to know why it is what it is ;)

Nitrogeneric, Sono, Jgeleta1 and 5 others like this.
  19. Elibloodthirst

Elibloodthirst You're about to miss EVERYTHING VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Implementation also is a major factor, cute creation time and resource time drastically meaning they can work on other stuff laterc

Jgeleta1 likes this.
  20. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Tracks for just the heli aren't really fun. Using it as a power-up is a way better idea imo

Sidewalk likes this.