1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

New Feature Offline Editor

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Char, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Char

Char Free Rider HD Developer Official Author

Pushing a fix right now.

Dakoziol-2nd and Pityboy like this.
  2. Pityboy

Pityboy Well-Known Member Official Author

1. I've only tried the offline app so far.
    2. Well nothing is as convenient as chrome, so....
    3. Would be cool if we can change the keybinds. Pressing Alt + Tab then coming back to the screen will Snap Toggle the last line.
    4. Sweet. Wait, what? Every time I launch the app I'd have to set it again? This ain't cool, bro.
    5. Allow me to illustrate. As can be seen that the left end of the line starts at grid (-4,-5). What I'm saying is I'd like it to be at (0,0). Also please add this option to adjust the grid position relative to the starting position :)
    upload_2015-8-21_7-25-39.png
    As for launching the game from steam, I'd have to launch it via the chrome app. But since it is an app within a program, Steam is not able to locate the launcher, so what happens instead is you launch Chrome, even if it says "Launch FreeRiderHD offline editor". So yeah, to be able to launch it from steam and show it off, it needs to be a standalone program.

3. Velksy

Velksy Well-Known Member Official Author

As Char mentioned this has been fixed so you're good to go :thumbsup:

I think I understand what you are asking however to change this would break a lot things and I really cannot see any benefit to it. Changing the grid position may be possible but don't hold your breath :p

And yeah, sorry for getting your hopes up. It would appear that Steam does not accept the game as an application :(

RadiumRC and Pityboy like this.
  4. Pityboy

That's fine. I'll try to adapt to it.

5. Pityboy

No it's not fixed.
    Actually let me rephrase my sentence.

6. Char

The undo function has the intended function. When erasing, the undo action will undo the last full erase action (such as everything you erased while pressing down the key). This is how most drawing editors function.

Pityboy likes this.
  7. nocturnalvirus

nocturnalvirus Active Member Official Author

True that. Disregard my post everyone. Oh and btw, looking forward to your new track that was in that video in the WIP section. WyattStonhouse looks amazing :thumbsup:

WyattStonhouse likes this.
  8. codrey

codrey Guest

The offline editor is epic, nice work guys! Only problem so far is your spelling and grammar, you may want to fix it up if you want teachers to get involved :p
    upload_2015-8-21_21-45-51.png
    Lol, couldnt resist xD

9. Cerebral_Parsley

Cerebral_Parsley Well-Known Member Official Author

Sound effects cannot be turned off now? They came on yesterday and now I can find no way to turn them off. I hate the sound effects.

10. THEend

THEend feared and/or loathed in seven states Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I could turn mine off, but the setting would never save like it used to :l The sounds are annoying when you have the Braid soundtrack going and you here a bunch of splats.

11. Cerebral_Parsley

Cerebral_Parsley Well-Known Member Official Author

I can't find anything in the settings for the sound. Edit: ah found it. But yeah it doesn't save it.

12. Char

Sorry guys, my mistake, I had a spelling mistake is the user save settings. Pushing out a fix now.

As for the offline editor, we don't currently have a way to turn off sound. I will look into this today.

13. FREEZ

FREEZ Well-Known Member Official Author

this doesn't seem like marijuana to me...

This is aweful feature it sucks. Delete it. If you take me seriously you are stupid beyond comparison

14. Coolman2

Coolman2 Well-Known Member Official Author

I hope my school unblocks frhd this year

15. Char

So do I.
    Im not sure if schools unblock things tho.

16. codrey

codrey Guest

If you get the Chrome app called 'Ultra Surf' it allows you to use blocked apps and whatnot. Its slightly slower than normal, but its totally worth it. People at school can access Facebook and other such sites that are usually banned. Its free and its legit as well ;)

Coolman2 likes this.
  17. Coolman2

Coolman2 Well-Known Member Official Author

Cool ill totally get that since we are getting chromebooks this year in school

18. Char

Let us know if they have the apps blocked. We put it as an 'educational app' in the chrome store manifest, so hopefully the editor won't be blocked.

19. codrey

codrey Guest

Char has the friend limit been increased?

20. Char

Yeah, it has been updated to 30. We are going to update it to 50 very soon.

HAZZABICE, Dakoziol-2nd and codrey like this.