1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Update "The Critic" - new daily achievement for rating tracks

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, May 13, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Hey all, just pushed out a new daily achievement called "The Critic" - Rate 10 tracks to earn 10 coins.

Our hope is that this will help get more people rating tracks, currently I would say the "rate to play" ratio is less than 0.1%, we can do better!

http://www.freeriderhd.com/achievements

RobertU, Dominic951 and niclauzon like this.
  2. Blaze06h

Blaze06h Well-Known Member

Some people might say that people will only rate tracks for coins, but the thing is that is what it is meant for.
    No. of likes/dislikes in tracks are far less than plays. A lot of people forget or don't bother to rate the tracks they play.

3. Eric

Exactly, this achievement should be a nice reminder :)

4. niclauzon

niclauzon Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    There should also be an achievement when you comment constructive criticism on a track (there could be an approved button or something like that)

5. WheelieMaker

WheelieMaker Active Member Official Author

Sweet, love the new ways for getting coins.

6. Blaze06h

I was just thinking of that.

7. Eric

We considered that but we would need a way to filter out spam.

speedy__XD likes this.
  8. niclauzon

niclauzon Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Eric

Eric likes this.
  9. Sono

Sono Well-Known Member Official Author

I can see this achievement going downhill.. People just voting on random tracks (probably voting down, because people are jerks), just to get coins..
    On the bright side, this is the smartest way to approach including something like this. Hopefully it turns out well :)

10. Pityboy

Pityboy Well-Known Member Official Author

Yeah, I don't rate tracks if they are good/so so/ bad, unless they are really good/really bad.

Asierro likes this.
  11. Blaze06h

That's why I prefer the 5-star system than the current one.

12. FREEZ

FREEZ Well-Known Member Official Author

I am a new member of Free rider and this forum. when ever I play a track I always try to rate it. I think that this is a good thing cause it gets people to click that little rate button, which then gets the creator (sometimes me) to either improve or make more tracks. I think this is good cause it gives people a higher standard

Sono likes this.
  13. FREEZ

FREEZ Well-Known Member Official Author

Nah I like it how stars are based on +/- rate ratio. and I've been on sites where the 5 star meathod just got EVERYBODY 5 stars, cause no one wanted to be mean.

14. Sono

Sono Well-Known Member Official Author

Technically, there is a 5 star system. Beside each track there is a 5 star rating based upon the ratio of likes/dislikes. I understand what you mean though. This system is either "WOO! 5 stars!", or, "BOO! You suck!".
    I do prefer the star system as you can leave a 3 or 4 star rating, and then leave some constructive criticism. This way you can support the author, and leave some information behind to help them improve.

15. Blaze06h

Yes, you read my mind completely. I want to tell them that it's good but it could be better. But I cannot rate the same way.

16. RobertU

RobertU Active Member

In response to that: I think down votes shouldn't count.

17. Blaze06h

Then everybody would upvote every track. Problem still not solved.

18. RobertU

RobertU Active Member

Oh yeah