1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Update Track Creator Uploads Released!

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, May 8, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Hey All,

We just released the ability to upload tracks, let us know if you see anything broken.

You will notice a new button by "Export Track" called "Upload Track" when you are done with a track and would like to submit it to the DB click "Upload Track".

Currently the price to upload tracks has been set to 250 coins, once we see everything is working properly etc this may be increased to 500 coins, the objective is to have about 5 days to a weeks worth of playing tracks before a "new" player can submit a track.

For classic track authors that have been a part of the Free Rider community for years (currently have tracks on FRHD) and may not play as much as they used to but still want to create tracks and be a part of the community, we have a setting available for you so you can continue to play / create as you are accustomed to. If you are a classic track author and have not had your account set up with special uploading privileges please contact us at frhd-feedback@freeriderhd.com so we can set your account up, you will need to provide us with info to prove you are who you say you are.

So start drawing and uploading: http://www.freeriderhd.com/create

Let us know if anything is broken!

Minus, RobertU, Jefe and 5 others like this.
  2. fil

fil Active Member Official Author

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

Skrampt likes this.
  3. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Congratulations! Can't wait to see what new talent we will discover. Thank god I have the classic tag, I have only à few coins...

4. Pityboy

Pityboy Well-Known Member Official Author

What defines a classic track author? Does that include tracks created in Canvas Rider?

5. Eric

Before the track uploading was enabled we had about 10k of the most popular Free Rider tracks created and assigned those authors "classic" status.

If you have a portfolio of tracks on another Free Rider site that you would like to be considered to be a classic author you can shoot us an email at frhd-team@freeriderhd.com and we will take a look.

The goal is to not "force" those track authors to have to play to submit tracks especially if they have been in the community for years.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
    speedy__XD likes this.
  6. WheelieMaker

WheelieMaker Active Member Official Author

Sweet, glad I'm a classic author.

7. fil

fil Active Member Official Author

Uploaded 2 already!

Eric likes this.
  8. Pityboy

Pityboy Well-Known Member Official Author

I only have a Canvas Rider profile. Thanks though!

9. Blaze06h

Blaze06h Well-Known Member

I wish I was an early member in FR.

WrzodX likes this.
  10. Dominic951

Dominic951 Active Member

Same here!

Skrampt likes this.
  11. Dominic951

Dominic951 Active Member

I remember you, you completed one of my tracks.

Skrampt likes this.
  12. niclauzon

niclauzon Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Going to upload my best tracks soon.
    Here's a preview
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2014
    Pityboy, Dominic951, Eric and 2 others like this.
  13. Blaze06h

You returned on the exact day the creator is released. o_O

14. niclauzon

Awarded Medals
    Yeah Char gave us an update on Black Hat so I decided to check things out again :)

15. Blaze06h

I guess you were waiting for this moment from the start. The moment when they release the creator and uploading feature.

16. niclauzon

Awarded Medals
    Pretty much, I have not been able to share my tracks with a *very* large amount of people :p

17. Blaze06h

This probably made them underrated. Maybe, you have a good chance that you'll get lots of plays here.

18. niclauzon

Awarded Medals
    Yeah maybe, but my tracks are VERY big and they might get down voted due to the frustration that some people might experience

19. Eric

We have been pretty quiet about the growth of FRHD but we have been seeing significant week over week growth since launch. Besides being an official site, one advantage FRHD has over other Free Rider sites is that it is playable on any device, as you can see on the leaderboards, players are playing on phones, tablets and desktop.

Once we get campaigns out, we can focus on marketing the game a bit more but with the current growth I am very confident that FRHD will be the biggest Free Rider community, so there should be no shortage of players to see and play your tracks.

20. niclauzon

Awarded Medals
    Sounds great! Color me excited :)