1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest,
If you are interested in ghosting, go check the Ghosting Awards for March 2024 Click here to check it out.

New Feature Challenge Friends!

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

As some of you may have already seen we released an integrated method for challenging friends.

Challenge Friend Button:
    • located under friends best time on every track
    [​IMG]

Challenge Friends Popup:
    • select friends you want to challenge or think may enjoy the track
    • write optional message limited to 140 characters that will show up in the in game notification + email if enabled
    [​IMG]

In Game Notification:
    • direct link to ghost, if ghost doesn't exist will just link track and ghost will appear when you friend has finished track
    [​IMG]

Email Notification:
    • if you have notifications enabled for emails this will be how it looks (if you aren't getting emails delivered to your inbox check your spam and mark as Not Spam). We misconfigured our forum email (should now be fixed) but that may have temporarily landed some messages for both game and forum in Spam.
    [​IMG]

As always you have complete control on the notifications you receive and can configure them here: http://www.freeriderhd.com/notifications/settings

We have some thresholds in place to avoid spamming like only sending 1 email at most 24-hrs (before we had this set to 1-hr for friends but this has changed) and if you have been offline for more than 4-hrs (prevent sending emails when you are online).

How do you like this feature? This is the first time you can actually communicate with your friends which is why we suggested make friends with those you know. If you find someone spamming you or saying things you don't want to see remove them from your friend list.

2. FREEZ

FREEZ Well-Known Member Official Author

OMG Thats my track TOO! Wow i didnt know People liked my tracks so much!

UPDATED: oops. Thats the one thats like #7 in trending. no WONDER

Scarpa and Nico15 like this.
  3. llama1

llama1 Casual Member

Challenged is spelt incorrectly in the screenshot for notifications

Scarpa and Nico15 like this.
  4. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

wel tats embarising, i promse I spel goods

thanks for the report, that should now be fixed!

Dakoziol-2nd, Scarpa, Nico15 and 3 others like this.
  5. Blaze06h

Blaze06h Well-Known Member

You did not just implement it, you implemented it well, by adding all those optional messages and stuff.

Eric likes this.
  6. speedy__XD

speedy__XD Well-Known Member Official Author

Saweet!!

Nico15, viiruMIAIMIAU and Eric like this.
  7. WheelieMaker

WheelieMaker Active Member Official Author

This is honestly so cool. :) Love these new features coming out.

Nico15 and Eric like this.
  8. sally.kim0405

sally.kim0405 New Member

do we can do with friends if they are not online?

9. LucJohnson

LucJohnson Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    You can challenge anywhere, anytime