1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Update Long overdue update!!!

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Hey all,
    Thanks for your patience while Char and myself were recovering from the holidays and getting all caught up on the pile of work we had waiting for our return.

We have been very busy planning out and working on whats next for FRHD and we wanted to give you some more insight into what you can expect over the next couple of months.

First off we continue to see week over week growth in returning and new players which is really awesome to see, so however you guys and gals are sharing the game it is working to help grow the community so keep on doing it :).

Here are some of the features / changes that you can expect to see not in any specific order:
    • Subscribe to Authors [DONE]
    • Hot Tracks section [DONE]
    • Featured Track Icon [DONE]
    • Track Page Layout Tweaks to better support different mobile / tablet / desktop resolutions
    • Coin Payouts for past Campaign Track Authors / Future moving forward
    • Player & Author Lifetime Achievements (Complete XXXX tracks, Get XXXX likes, etc)
    • Author Track Listings (Biggest Contribution, Best Rated, Most Featured, etc)
    • Increase # of friends from 25 to 100 or more
    • At least 1 new Campaign (Sci-Fi, maybe another???)
    • Subscriber Track Listings (tailored to your subscriptions - same categories as current listings most likely)
    • Player Driven Tournaments (as mentioned in another thread)
    • New Items / Accessories for the Shop
    • New Elite author status
    • Saving tracks online / WIPs / Collaborations
    • Offline Track Editor Chrome Packaged App
    • Testing new ads - there have been complaints from ones we are using and will be looking to test out preloading / interstatial video ads to replace display ads which should remove / reduce impact on game performance

Outside of all that there are the day to day bugs / issues that come up that need to be dealt with in order to scale out some of the things we are doing as we continue to get new traffic.

And one final thing we will be doing a lot of prep work so that we can release the game on iOS. You may see Char development thread where he is posting some pretty awesome updates on improvements to the track editor and game. We are doing that in part to have FRHD perform better on lower end mobile devices but also to take in all the things that we learned over the year from feedback from all of you and what we have observed. So expect to see a much improved editor and game performance in the next month or so.

DISCLAIMER: we reserve the right to do all, part or none of what is listed above

Hahah I had to put the hidden disclaimer in above to protect myself in the future, but as far as we know it those are the things we will be and are working on.

OK, that's it for now back to work!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  2. RiderExtreme2

RiderExtreme2 Well-Known Member Official Author

Awesome you and Char are making this game really awesome!

3. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Nice to see you guys still working on getting that campaign track money for all those poor souls who made tracks for the campaigns :)

But really, looking sweet, you guys are making this game so much better than I ever expected

4. Eric

Hahah it is on my list trust me, the date just keeps getting pushed. Made it visible by adding it to the list. We have some Valentines head gear coming out so will try to get coins in there before that.

5. RiderExtreme2

RiderExtreme2 Well-Known Member Official Author

Eric and Char you guys should make Cupid wings in the shop for Valentines Day!

Dakoziol-2nd and EliteKitten like this.
  6. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I've been wanting to buy a helmet since early december but I was like, let's wait for the campaign cash so I can buy a nicer helmet. Big mistake haha

7. EliteKitten

EliteKitten Well-Known Member Official Author

Id buy them!! When i die, ill be like, I BELIEVE I CAN FLY! *Wing Flaps*

RiderExtreme2 likes this.
  8. EliteKitten

lol i made a mistake i bought a black downhill helmet... i dont like it much... its too dark. They should lighten it to a greyish black

9. codrey

codrey Guest

This is looking SICK! I cant wait for it all to be done! Good luck! :)

RiderExtreme2 likes this.
  10. EliteKitten

Yea, this game is going to be awesome!

11. YOLOSWAG69

YOLOSWAG69 Casual Member

Lol Max just wants some coins XD
    Joke, joke

EliteKitten likes this.
  12. weem

weem FREE RIDER LEGEND Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    The "Hot" section is just promoting more mediocre track imo

Dakoziol-2nd and genericusername like this.
  13. Eric

"Hot" is really a filter on "New" that highlights those tracks that are getting good votes.

It is a challenging problem highlighting good new content, do you have any suggestions?

14. genericusername

genericusername Well-Known Member Official Author

have staff hand pick em?

LucJohnson likes this.
  15. LucJohnson

LucJohnson Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Don't stress Char and Eric
    Making them do more + all the work they're doing = LONGER DEADLINE!!
    Keep the work up guys, you're getting close :D

RiderExtreme2 and Maple like this.
  16. codrey

codrey Guest

You could do moderators for the hot list, that pick a bunch of new decent tracks and put them on there. Just seems like a waste to have a set of mods for it tho, but i guess it could improve tracks on the hot list.

17. LucJohnson

LucJohnson Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Well said ^_^

18. codrey

codrey Guest

Haha, thanks ;) :D

19. Eric

Well, as it stands that is the idea. Everyone has the power to vote up / down new tracks so that they appear on the Hot list. One thing we may look at doing is weighting for different votes depending on the player.

RiderExtreme2, codrey and EliteKitten like this.
  20. EliteKitten

It should be illegal... Sucky (no offense) line tracks get on trending than others (me, or us) spending days or weeks on a track...