1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing 4 Daily Challenges (Achievements!)

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Blaze06h

Blaze06h Well-Known Member

Same.

2. Sono

Sono Well-Known Member Official Author

Couldn't agree more. Implementing this will completely destroy the rating system on tracks and the currency system. Not only that, but it will make the "pay to publish a track" aspect a minor speed bump for those useless track-spammer players.
    The only way I can see this make sense would be if you can only rate after you have completed a track, but that still could create corruption among the rating and currency systems.
    I don't think adding this feature to the game would make any sense. At the very most, you could have a "Rate 100 tracks" reward or something along those lines - but nothing more than that.

Well, there's my monthly input on FRHD. I used to be active but now I have lost the spark for this forum. Hopefully I will get the spark back soon. :)

PS. Congratz on getting married Eric! I hope the best for you and your fiance :)

3. Blaze06h

Oh well, at least it's nice to see you post once more again.
    I'm trying to collect spark for ya. This is my progress so far.

4. Velksy

Velksy Well-Known Member Official Author

I believe the current plan is to clean out as many duplicate and "vote up for skateboard, scooter, etc" tracks we can find as well as deleting tracks that have not been completed by anyone, thus addressing your issue of tracks incompatible with FRHD.

5. Dominic951

Dominic951 Active Member

So there are more vehicles coming.
    What about a green machine?
    http://community.freeriderhd.com/threads/bikes-to-add.273/page-2#post-3757

6. Blaze06h

7. Dominic951

Dominic951 Active Member

Vote up for Green Machine!!!

8. Asierro

Asierro Well-Known Member Official Author

Please don't delete all the tracks that haven't been completed. Not the good ones

Dominic951 and Pityboy like this.
  9. Velksy

Which ones did you have in mind? Send me a list and I'll see what can be done. We simply want to do this in order to prevent players from spending 30 minutes or more on a track only for their time to not be saved or tracks where the creator has failed to allow players to reach a final objective.

10. Asierro

Asierro Well-Known Member Official Author

http://www.freeriderhd.com/t/1205-contest-entry this one from Jaketocake for example.

But yes, that prevention sounds reasonable.

As a suggestion, what about putting a different track section for uncompleted tracks, and receiving a considerable amount of money for completing them?

11. Velksy

It would be quite a shame to lose these tracks and hopefully we can prevent that while making it obvious to players that their times will not be recorded. If we cannot find a reasonable solution, it may fall to the creators to edit their tracks by changing star positions or splitting the track into multiple sections.

12. Blaze06h

Totally. There should be different categories to store these tracks in one place.

13. Pityboy

Pityboy Well-Known Member Official Author

I don't mind spending 2 hours on a track, and especially for the 'Contest Entry' tracks, they are hard, not uncompletable.

14. Blaze06h

If only we could do something to make it beatable/shorter. :(

15. Parnikkapore

Parnikkapore New Member

how many coins are required for 1 track?

16. Parnikkapore

Parnikkapore New Member

CAN'T DO "warmin'up"!!!

17. Blaze06h

It's not fixed.

How? :O
    Be sure that you're a completing a track that you haven't completed before.
    But you seem like a new player, so it shouldn't happen.

18. chrisfleugel

chrisfleugel New Member

ok i see, when will the new cosmetic changes be available? i have amassed quite a few coins

19. Blaze06h

So do I. But it's not fixed when it'll come. But you can expect it to come soon. With "soon" ranging from today to never. ;)

20. DylanFinch

DylanFinch New Member

hey Eric how do you import a track so every one can play it?