1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Points added, currently can earn only through first track completes

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Blaze06h

Blaze06h Well-Known Member

Tracks which are big are actually most of the times the genuine ones.
    Spammers will make tons of small and useless tracks and fill the list.

Pie42 and Free-Account like this.
  2. Pityboy

Pityboy Well-Known Member Official Author

How about this:

You will be granted free of charge to upload a track for the first time, but you will be required to pay in coins for your next subsequent track uploads. So if you're not a daily track player, the amount of coins you earn will be based on how many players have played on your first/previous track.

Pie42 and Jdc151 like this.
  3. Jdc151

Jdc151 Casual Member

Cool, sounds like a pay as you go phone contract. This coinage really should be separate though from the usual coins you get from playing.

Pie42 and WrzdoXX like this.
  4. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

How would that prevent people from creating a track on Day 1 and uploading? Wouldn't it be of more benefit to have someone at least play the game for a week or more, get a feel for different tracks, network with other authors all the while editing/saving a WIP taking value in the upload to come?

It is definitely going to be a change but it is something we will be listening to feedback on. We plan to award a number of coins for players during the beta and some additional perks for community classic authors.

Pie42 likes this.
  5. Velksy

Velksy Well-Known Member Official Author

Just expanding on what Eric has said, first time freebies could very well defeat the purpose of the spam gate. This has been an issue in the past with Free Rider 3 and our attempt to prevent spam tracks from being posted. Once their five "under judgement" tracks had been posted, users would simply create an alternate account and rinse and repeat.

With our current plan, we hope that players would have to work their way towards earning the ability to upload tracks. We want to make sure that everyone understands that the process of earning coins will not be a grinding experience. Daily, weekly, or monthly achievements combined with campaign progression will keep most players happy with a good-sized collections of coins and it is completely up to the player on how to spend these, whether it be on tracks or customization.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Does that mean you would prefer different coins be spent on players aesthetics than the ones to upload tracks? Would you mind expanding on this and explaining why you see it as necessary?

Pie42 likes this.
  6. Jdc151

Jdc151 Casual Member

Yes, I think that different coinage should be used for each(one type for aesthitics, another for track uploads) category. The reason behind this is that if you have say 100 coins, and you want to buy a color, that would subtract 3 coins. Let's say tracks cost 100 coins. You no longer have sufficient funds even though you proved yourself by beating that many tracks. Now you have to beat even more tracks to come up with enough funds. As of right now, we are given two points per track completed. If we add a second currency(credits,coin, ink), and have a lower amount given when track is completed, it should rise up in a even way with the regular decoration currency.
    Scenario: WEEEE I GOT TWO COINS.....Aaaaaaaand 4 regular coins! I will now go to the shop. Freerider hd, may I please have the color orange on my bike for four coins? Thanks! Heeeeeeyyyyy, I have enough track creds to buy a (insert track byte size) large map!
    Sorry, I'm really wordy.

Pie42 likes this.
  7. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

But what if you could also earn coins by how well your tracks do? The incentive would be around creating tracks that are appreciated by the community, also the possibility of having players / racers donate coins to have authors upload more tracks are all possibilities.

The separate coin system will add additional complication, with FRHD we are putting a lot of effort into making sure we don't overcomplicate which is why we wanted to go with a single points + coins system.

Pie42 and Jdc151 like this.
  8. Jdc151

Jdc151 Casual Member

Ohhhhhhh so there's points..haha I thought that was going to be turned into coins :p

Pie42 likes this.
  9. DarkSideOfTheMoon

DarkSideOfTheMoon Casual Member

That makes sense. Another way to stop people from wasting other peoples time with lame or unplayable tracks.

10. ISLAMUSLIM

ISLAMUSLIM Active Member

how about for every like you get on your track you get 5 coins ?

11. anibalfox1152

anibalfox1152 Member

1218 points ok after this ill stop telling how many points i have
    :D

WrzdoXX likes this.
  12. Velksy

Velksy Well-Known Member Official Author

We are definitely looking for a way to incentivise track creators to create high quality tracks. We may want to keep the rewards locked to play count instead of like count to prevent players from vote spamming, trading likes, and creating alternate accounts for votes.

Free-Account and WrzodX like this.
  13. Free-Account

Free-Account Casual Member

That makes sense but you'd have to keep in mind tracks that trick you into playing it. Eventually a map might get 1000 plays when really it's a crappy map that everyone hates. So maybe only have the ability to down vote and not the ability to upvote.

14. Blaze06h

Coins will not be given for plays, they will be given for likes.
    But I fear some people will create fake accounts for them, and 5 coins for each upvote is way too much.

15. Free-Account

He said they will be for plays, not likes

16. Blaze06h

I know. I'm putting my own modification to his suggestion.
    I can read. I have eyes.

17. Free-Account

Well sorry but you didn't make that apparent in your paragraph. When you replied to my "opinion" with your "opinion" it made it seem like you were correcting the facts that I used.

I like the idea of being able to "like" a track though it shouldn't affect coins. So you should definitely go along with that idea of play count affecting coins.

18. Blaze06h

This was probably suggested so that the people who mainly make tracks (track makers) can get coins too. :)

Free-Account likes this.
  19. WildZer0

WildZer0 Casual Member

what about earning additional points with tricks. backflip, double, triple flip, frontflip, switching direction mid air, wheelies and endos. trick combos for maximum points and variety of tricks thrown down. for example, if you only do backflips you are not going to get as many points as someone who throws in combos and variety. peeps could also earn extra points by completing a track in one run, no crashes.

also, love the idea of race mode, would be epic if we could race in real time with other players.

20. Jefe

Jefe Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    The problem with that, is people can farm points and get infinite coins and stuff.