1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Points added, currently can earn only through first track completes

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Mar 26, 2014.

1. DarkSideOfTheMoon

DarkSideOfTheMoon Casual Member

They fixed it like ten minutes ago. It used to be that if you were steering or accelerating, you couldn't pause. This was a track creator issue.

Pie42 likes this.
  2. DarkSideOfTheMoon

Blaze06h Never Mind, it is still broken.

Pie42 likes this.
  3. pssst

pssst Forum Legend Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    1824 points, will this hold any value when coins are created?

Pie42 likes this.
  4. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Points are the main units of progression of the game and will be used to compare relative experience / skill of other players.

Coins will be the only virtual currency in the game that will be earned through daily achievements (soon), campaigns (after achievements), races (a little further out) and author status / ranks (little more further out). The plan is that coins can be spent to modify cosmetics of your player and player vehicle as well as cost to upload tracks. The idea behind tying coins to track upload will be to have players play at least x amount of time before uploading a track and also trade off upgrading cosmetics of their player versus submitting a track, for authors that have tracks ranked well they will have opportunity to earn coins based off of how well their tracks do.

Pie42 likes this.
  5. pssst

pssst Forum Legend Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Interesting idea. May I upload a few of my tracks free of charge for a brief period though?

Pie42 likes this.
  6. DarkSideOfTheMoon

I don't like this idea. I think that uploading tracks should be free and we should be rewarded in the campaign for having our tracks liked.

Pie42 likes this.
  7. DarkSideOfTheMoon

Also, I have two issues with the track creator right now.
    1) If I am pedaling while I get a goal, my rider stops pedaling.
    2)If I pause after getting a checkpoint, I go back to the beginning when I press enter.

Pie42 likes this.
  8. Eric

Definitely, community classic track authors we will be looking to give some "perks" like that stay tuned :)

The intent of charging coins is not to be prohibitive to prevent quality tracks from being uploaded, the intent is to hopefully prevent / discourage millions of skateboard tracks.

Pie42 likes this.
  9. Eric

Definitely want/need to add rewards for tracks but will need to do it in a way where it can't be gamed.

Pie42 and DarkSideOfTheMoon like this.
  10. Blaze06h

Blaze06h Well-Known Member

Me neither.

Pie42 likes this.
  11. Eric

What do you not like about this idea and/or what are your concerns?

Without providing details on what issues you foresee we have a tough time responding to feedback.

Pie42 likes this.
  12. Blaze06h

I like the fact that it makes only genuine people post tracks, and prevents random people from posting NSFW tracks.
    But making coins for determining this makes these problems:
    1. People have to get 3-stars/gold-trophy/S-Rank to get coins, at least that's what you said AFAIK. These make uploading tracks more difficult for normal people.
    2. Uploading tracks will mean that you are sacrificing your upgrades/costumes. You have get coins again for upgrades/costumes. Also, coins will prevent you from uploading tracks when you're out of them.

Pie42 likes this.
  13. Eric

1. Coins will be earned through daily achievements that vary in difficulty. Example: get a daily achievement for completing 1 track... we will be careful to not make it preventative but instead have a gate say 1 week of activity playing to submit a track or something like that
    2. It is our intent to identify top authors and reward them with coins through some kind of achievements so that they are not sacrificing upgrades / costumes, so for players that don't make quality tracks they won't be rewarded by the community, that is the idea at least anyways!

Pie42 likes this.
  14. Blaze06h

1. Okay, maybe, but my main concern is that it'll force the players grind for coins.
    2. But everybody has a rough start. Even the top authors' tracks probably weren't as good to be top. But experience made them learn what works and what doesn't, making their tracks good.
    This new system discourages new track creators as they will find it a waste of coins as their tracks aren't that good making them get dislikes. Nobody is the best from the beginning, the one who stays becomes the best. But if we try to oppose this, then we'll get less "new" track creators.

Pie42 likes this.
  15. Eric

We will definitely be listening for feedback from the community and adjust as needed, it is not the intent to prevent players from uploading tracks. But it is well known that assigning a cost to something, even virtual currency that can be earned through playing the game, will/should dramatically reduce spam on a site.

Our plan is to allow for uploading / sharing WIPs at no cost so that players can share and get feedback on their tracks before they submit.

Pie42, Blaze06h and Jdc151 like this.
  16. Jdc151

Jdc151 Casual Member

That sounds extremely efficient! I love it! Also, perhaps we could have a diffrent type of currency for track creation, such as if you are also in the forum(dedicated players will join and support anything you publish), and if you rate a certain number of tracks(but only if they leave a time). However, it would be complicated.

Pie42 likes this.
  17. Blaze06h

Yes, that's good.

Pie42 likes this.
  18. Eric

And now this one is way out there, but we want to consider adding a feature that allows authors to get "donations" so if players really want to see them submit a track they can "donate" x coins. That is a little ways out there but we would want to look at things like that that reward authors with tracks that are well received.

We are also considering guidelines around submitting tracks including no tricks to promote rating like this track: http://www.freeriderhd.com/t/1464-a-nice-glittccchh tracks like that will take manual enforcement

Pie42 and Jdc151 like this.
  19. Blaze06h

Maybe. Nice encouragement on making tracks.

But it's a nice track. Maybe they can put into a different category.

Pie42 likes this.
  20. Pityboy

Pityboy Well-Known Member Official Author

I like the idea of requiring coins to upload tracks. This can prevent massive track upload spams like what happened in Canvas Rider, for example, tracks that do not have goals at all. And I think the amount of coins will be based on how big the track is that you are about to upload. And for this case, daily achievements should reward more coins than other activities. Way to go, Eric !

Pie42, Velksy and Eric like this.