1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

New Feature Web Payments + Pro Membership

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

As promised, we just released Web Payments + Pro Memberships.

We are running all our online payments through a company called TrialPay, you can see all Payment Options + Coin packages here: http://www.freeriderhd.com/store

If you have any issues or questions please let us know. We have gone over a couple iterations of pricing and packages and feel we have something that is pretty fair, example for a full year of Free Rider HD Pro that is $4.16 a month. We will be expanding Free Rider HD Pro perks as we move forward.

Pro Membership includes:
    • no ads
    • exclusive pro icon (wear your support of Free Rider HD proudly!)
    • early access to beta features
    Feedback / thoughts let us know! I will be writing a post later today as this is Charlie and my last day until next week (Charlie will be back on the 30th and I will be back in office on January 5th).

Cryogenic likes this.
  2. weem

weem FREE RIDER LEGEND Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    bout to get the $10 deal though

3. Elibloodthirst

Elibloodthirst You're about to miss EVERYTHING VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Guess what I'm not paying for.

4. Eric

Thanks for your continued non-support!

5. Mr_Snoogley

Mr_Snoogley Well-Known Member Official Author

what does "increased upload size" mean?

6. Eric

Doesn't really apply to official authors since they have an increased size.

7. Mr_Snoogley

what does it mean for non-officials? they can't upload too big of a track?

Skrampt likes this.
  8. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I might give that 5$ deal a go sometime in the future. Don't really care that much about coins that I'd pay for them and the adds don't really bother me. Early acces sounds nice and a little support wouldn't hurt though

9. Maple

Maple Love to draw VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    If you think about it, it isn't too bad of a deal. I've had burgers that were around $10 and they only offered a few minutes of enjoyment.

10. Eric

Once we have enough supporters, we plan to start to roll out some beta access. One thing that would be cool for Pro members is to give them views that would be to expensive to do for everyone, like show which tracks they have beat before in listings etc...

At the end of the day, that is really what it is about. If you enjoy the game and have pulled some entertainment value out of it, feel free to support the game it will go towards continued support and development of features.

ookami_san and Max007x like this.
  11. Mr_Snoogley

if the whole idea of this is to get us to donate, shouldn't that be out of the kindness of our hearts because we enjoy the game, and not bribery?

Skrampt and RiderExtreme2 like this.
  12. RiderExtreme2

RiderExtreme2 Well-Known Member Official Author

Lol

Skrampt likes this.
  13. Elibloodthirst

Awarded Medals
    No, I'm all up for supporting the game and I have been for the last 6 years by contributing to the game with my tracks and constructive criticism, as well as committing whole years of my life to different free rider communities, making a difference to the game and people alike who also come and play this game. If that's not support to this game, fudge knows what is.

Totoca12, Sono and Eric like this.
  14. RiderExtreme2

RiderExtreme2 Well-Known Member Official Author

Mr_Snoogley the makers, developers, all FRHD staff have to support themselves and their family. If this game is to continue they need monetary support so that they can put food on the table. They are also human beings with lives and problems like you and I. However, instead of being kids they are their/their families' main/only source of income so this is necessary. Also, almost all other games have stuff exactly like this, so it isn't very uncommon.

Totoca12 likes this.
  15. Eric

You are right, and that support is just as important as those that choose to donate. Just felt like you were taking a jab at those that would consider to show support through coin purchases, anyways, thank you for your support!

16. Elibloodthirst

Awarded Medals
    Idk, the whole donating thing for money isn't really hitting home for me.

RiderExtreme2 likes this.
  17. CharlieHD

CharlieHD Active Member Official Author

What is the Icon to show your support? What does the icon look like? Eric

18. Sono

Sono Well-Known Member Official Author

Very true, and I'm not trying to say you are wrong, but I'm sure KanoGames makes a ton of money through advertisement.
    FRHD gets more popular each day. They are going to start making more and more on advertisements as time goes on due to having more traffic. Also, KanoGames has quite a few other games/websites to rake in the dough.
    I'm definitely not against this coin buying thingy, but I don't think you need to take it as far to say that those who work at Kano are depending on us to buy these packages so that they can feed their families. ;)

I'm not sure if I will ever buy one of these packages. Maybe one day if I have a VISA gift card laying around that doesn't have enough money on it to buy a game off Steam or Origin. You never know. :)

Totoca12 and RiderExtreme2 like this.
  19. pssst

pssst Forum Legend Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Made good on my word and happy to be the first purchaser

[​IMG]

20. Eric

If players don't feel like paying for coins / pro membership that is fine, as elibloodthirst stated there are other ways to support the game. But if players do choose to show their support for the game through donations that is fine as well and will help us put more resources/features into the game. At the end of the day it is up to the player based on many factors: the entertainment value they get out of FRHD, desire/ability to support the game financially and more...

But the decision should be based on Free Rider alone and not any other games or products, and I can also tell you that you are incorrect in your assumptions on the amount of money Kano Games makes but that should be irrelevant to whether a player chooses to support FRHD so I won't comment on that any further.

Totoca12, RiderExtreme2 and Sono like this.