1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Change A community update, good news, bad news.

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Char, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Char

Char Free Rider HD Developer Official Author

Hi everyone!

Apologies for the long hiatus. I've been procrastinating checking my messages as it becomes overwhelming at times. My full time job at Kano isn't to moderate the community and thus I've been busy with other projects.

The good news
    We have a few new moderators Totoca12 and Eryp. I've only now gotten around to giving them more abilities to help out around here, and I am very grateful for them. Please treat them with respect.

The bad news
    I'm moving on from Kano (the company who runs FreeRider) as of tomorrow. It's very bittersweet. I've been working here for close to 10 years and it's time I venture out into other things. I am incredibly grateful to have worked on Free Rider and to have met all of you. I love seeing how much joy it brings to you all especially during these crazy covid times.

Whats next?

Is FreeRiderHD shutting down?
    NO! I'm just leaving Kano.

Will I still work on FreeRiderHD?
    I might see if I can help out from time to time. It depends what works for Kano. I have some cool concepts that I've developed out that would be cool to eventually see the light. That being said, starting tomorrow I won't have access to the code repository.

Will I still be around?
    I'll stop by and see how everyone is doing :)

Thanks again

EthMan, CK9C, very.big.bot and 119 others like this.
  2. SilentFinger

SilentFinger wеed cave Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
  3. Totoca12

Totoca12 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Ghost Moderator Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Already said it in the convo, but thanks again, man! This game is a huge part of my interactions online for the past 7.5 years, so it's sad to see you leave. I didn't have a forum account on my first few months here, but I have been around since the "Beta" days back in the end of 2013 and beginning of 2014, so I know the huge impact you had on this game and the community all those years. Good luck on your new journey, I think you are going to do great on it. As for Eryp and I, we'll try to do a great job with moderating and stuff, in the best way we can. See you around Char, I hope not too long from now!

gun, Azgr00, Wayward and 42 others like this.
  4. Notnser

Notnser Well-Known Member Official Author

A new chapter has begun.

I technically joined FreeriderHD in 2017 into 2018, This game was so fun, just lines and bikes with tracks with details that made me convinced that this is art…
    Thanks for bringing this Beautiful yet odd game of FreeriderHD, shall you continue the way you desire...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  5. Pancakes345

Pancakes345 Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    So you're just gonna leave us without glider huh

No but seriously thank you for everything you've done, especially moderating a game and forum that I practically grew up on. Godspeed you legend

6. RadiumRC

RadiumRC Well-Known Member Ghosting Legend Ghost Moderator Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Thank you for the update and farewell for now :) all the best with whatever you venture onwards with :thumbsup:

pawflix, brappeing, HATEYOU and 15 others like this.
  7. Elibloodthirst

Elibloodthirst You're about to miss EVERYTHING VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Good luck char, thanks for being the only one who cared enough to pretend

HATEYOU, Symantec, Wayward and 41 others like this.
  8. RocknRoll

RocknRoll Active Member Official Author

Char Can I have OA?

9. RocknRoll

RocknRoll Active Member Official Author

Bye and farewell and I hope you enjoy your life.

10. gun

gun Well-Known Member Official Author

it genuinely makes me sad to see you leave char, albeit, now we can pester some new head admin to add glider for the next 10 years

11. SilentFinger

SilentFinger wеed cave Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    some things never change :rofl:

Symantec, HATEYOU, Wayward and 31 others like this.
  12. RadiumRC

Awarded Medals
    and never will :rofl:

brappeing, Symantec, HATEYOU and 16 others like this.
  13. Volund

Volund ithring VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    it feels odd for me seeing you move on from kano, thanks for all youve done for the game. allowing us access to the new frhd editor in beta is still one of my fave memories from playing, all the best for your future endeavours

this game has been a constant presence for me since i joined in early 2014, seeing char leave is just so weird

14. Notnser

Notnser Well-Known Member Official Author

Some one make a memorial track ᐛ . I can’t right now but someone else can.

15. pssst

pssst Forum Legend Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Goodbye Char thank you for everything!

A couple questions though. Do you know if anyone will be taking your place? Where are you going from here?

16. CHARREDLIZARD21

CHARREDLIZARD21 Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Goodbye Mr. Charlie Bodman, you will be missed.

thanks for all you've done in the game, even if its not as much as everyone liked. I wish you luck in your future adventures.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  17. Coated_Badger

Coated_Badger Coager Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    maybe I should have posted the memorial track after this....

But thanks for all you've done for the game and it's community, Char, It's been a blast and I'm sure you'll do well outside of kano as well.

18. RadiumRC

Awarded Medals
    good timing coager

19. weem

weem FREE RIDER LEGEND Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Thank you for all you've done for the game, I know the CR community and you got off to a bad start with the whole shutdown etc. but you and Kano kept this game alive and I'm grateful for it. Good luck in your future endeavors!

20. Zycerak

Zycerak Zycerak Elite Author Official Author Rotten Flesh

Awarded Medals
    i will never forget the time i spammed your inbox for a name change only to spam your inbox a week later asking you to change my name back to what it once was.... you will be missed...........

Eryp you've got some big boots to fill as admin..............................

21. CHARREDLIZARD21

CHARREDLIZARD21 Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals