1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Phone/Tablet + Desktop Updates 11/03/2014

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Hey All,

We have been making some changes, that may at first glance seem small / unimportant / cosmetic so wanted to take the opportunity to introduce the changes and give reasoning on why.

The recent changes with the Track Complete Screen and now the latest with Pause (for mobile) and Settings (for desktop) have been targeted at mainly improving play on mobile phone / tablet (eliminating dead ends) as playing a track is in full screen always whereas on desktop you can either play in full screen or in-page so links / navigation is always accessible.

Now why even care about mobile phone / tablet, well Free Rider HD was built for multi-device support to help attract more players and make this the biggest Free Rider HD ever.

Over the last 7-days +25% of the players are using either mobile phones or tablets to play and we expect this to grow as time goes on.

Building a multi device game is not an easy task, targeting different device performance constraints, screen resolutions and testing across multiple platforms has a steep learning curve + time consuming, this is something that we are getting better at but have had to take the time to re-work certain things because we discovered certain things after the fact.

Anyways onto the updates!

Desktop New "Full Screen" and "Settings Icon:
    [​IMG]

Phone / Tablet Zoom + Pause Icons:
    [​IMG]

Pause (Phone / Tablet / Desktop):
    [​IMG]

We will be adding a 3rd button to the pause screen shortly for "Play Random" as that seems to be a very popular way to discover/play new tracks.

Up next for the remainder of this week:

- breaking out import / export buttons on track creator (this was just released as I was typing here)
    - fixing a bug with Windows Phone / XBoxOne that prevents icons / buttons from being pressed in game
    - adding the "Play Random" to pause screen
    - functionality for track creator for tablets (if you have a tablet you have to try creating a track on a tablet is pretty cool in my opinion)
    - development on points for completing tracks
    - development on achievements

After we get the above cracked out we will be moving on to allowing uploading of tracks and campaigns. Since launch Free Rider HD has continued to grow week over week as it reaches new players, with limited to no marketing on our side, so all word of mouth which is a great sign!

We also continue to hold a strong rating in the Chrome Store (currently the only external platform promoted from), so if you signed up with a Gmail account and use Chrome make sure you add the app which essentially a bookmark to Free Rider HD and give us a review here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/free-rider-hd/emikpifndnjfkgofoglceekhkbaicbde/reviews

Well that's all for now, questions, feedback, let us know!

Blaze06h and DarkPlant like this.
  2. DarkPlant

DarkPlant Member

My Gravatar is still not showing up... waiting for a month, maybe longer. I would appreciate if someone could fix that.

3. DarkPlant

DarkPlant Member

In the track editor I still need it able to pause while holding acceleration and balance all at the same time. I don't mind how long you take, if you gonna make it. Just let me know if you want to add this or not.

4. Blaze06h

Blaze06h Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thinks that the previous "fullscreen" and "pause" buttons looked better?

5. Eric

Are you using the exact same email as shown in your account settings for your gravatar? http://www.freeriderhd.com/account/settings

It does not appear that you are. Will private message you more details.

6. Eric

Check that, emailed you to your hotmail account.

7. Eric

Agreed we will get that fixed up today.

8. Char

Char Free Rider HD Developer Official Author

Should be fixed now.

9. DarkPlant

DarkPlant Member

yes I am sure.