1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

New Feature The Shop + 2 New Daily Achievements

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Well-Known Member Official Author

I've noticed two things. The first is that you guys put the timer in editor mode! Char Eric Thanks so much! That is a HUGE help. The second are actually 2 things. The little face on the rider when you crash, and feet joints. Did you add the feet joints, or were they already there?
    Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 11.29.45 AM.png

Jespahy, Charles and Marselol like this.
  2. Black_Hearted_XxX

Black_Hearted_XxX Active Member

Why is it that if you crash when wearing a hat, the hat seems to shrink to about half its size when it falls off? ;)

3. Char

Char Free Rider HD Developer Official Author

Still trying to figure this one out. The main issue with donating coins to other players is people creating multiple accounts to get the daily achievement and then sending the coins to their official accounts. I think if we were to do this, only certain players would be able to do this, or something. I am not sure how this would work.

Yeah, we added the timer into the editor on Friday :) , glad it helps.
    I added the feet joints 6 months ago. It was actually a request from Pete, the original creator of Free Rider.

haha, should I make it bigger? , i was thinking the hat would be squished or something.

4. Cryogenic

About the coins:
    You could give the feature to official authors, then they could allow a person to do it once. They would monitor who they sent it to, and once they do it once, they can't do it again until an official author lets them.
    About the feet and timer:
    It does help!
    About the hat:
    Yes! Make it bigger, it makes it more exciting.

Jespahy likes this.
  5. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Does Pete still have any input on what happens with the game?

Cryogenic likes this.
  6. Char

He sends in suggestions sometimes.

7. pssst

pssst Forum Legend Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Maybe prevent it from same ips? Even though it's easy to bypass it would knock out a large portion of cheaters.

8. Char

A lot of people are from the same school / house, thus would have the same IP.

9. Cryogenic

Did you not read my reply :(

10. willio

willio Active Member Official Author

Haha, this is like an ask Char thread :D

Jespahy and Cryogenic like this.
  11. Cryogenic

Me trying to earn coins for shop:
    Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 1.07.38 PM.png
    Challenge accepted :cool:

12. Mr_Snoogley

Mr_Snoogley Well-Known Member Official Author

it's impossible to get 100+ days of max achievements because you will run out of stuff to buy from the shop, and even if you didn't you would lose money because you would have to buy the expensive downhill helmets. don't you think the shop achievement should be a one time thing?

Jespahy likes this.
  13. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

You are correct, the Swag will come into play more once we release more item types with lower price points. Heads will likely be the highest because they are so visual. But say, buying red gloves vs head horse, red gloves will obviously be a lot cheaper.

Jespahy and speedy__XD like this.
  14. Cryogenic

So, what's the next big update. Almost all the campaigns are out, the shop is here, achievements are coming soon. Are featured tracks next, or better yet, featured ghosts?

15. SaschaDamonte

SaschaDamonte Casual Member Official Author

[​IMG]

Cryogenic likes this.
  16. Cryogenic

Usually I finish all of them with 22 hours remaining, but I wanted to take that picture :D

codrey, Eric and SaschaDamonte like this.
  17. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Short term:
    -More head gear items in the shop. Based on the feedback we are going to test/prototype some other gear / accessories and try to fill that out.
    -2 more campaigns by the end of the year (likely City and for sure Winter)
    -minor tweaks to improve new player experience etc

Longer term:
    -lots of stuff in the back log need to go through to prioritize. but tackling improvements for the editor as well as content sorting (authors, featured etc) are both on the list.

ookami_san, Max007x and Cryogenic like this.
  18. codrey

codrey Guest

Good to here that more improvements will be made on the editor! :)

19. ookami_san

ookami_san Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    [​IMG]

nooooooo and I had just bought the black dh helmettt haaaa

thanks for delivering though! Looks awesome!

Cryogenic and Eric like this.
  20. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    aargh, you brought in the call the exorcist hats oh god why

Joelbmx likes this.