1. Announcement - Regarding Elite Author Involvement on Featured Tracks - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, we have a new announcement regarding the participation of Elite Authors in the discussion for featured tracks. If you are interested, check it out in the link above.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest,
If you are interested in ghosting, go check the Ghosting Awards for March 2024 Click here to check it out.

New Feature The Shop + 2 New Daily Achievements

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Hey All,

The shop has just been released with 17 new head gear items.

When pricing out the items I based estimated days to play from the max number of coins you can currently own from daily achievements.

All hats can be earned within a single session / first play session.
    Current downhill helmets can be earned with 7-14 days of max achievement awards.
    The space helmet and horse head are +100 days of max achievement awards.

We plan to roll out Free Rider HD+ next week (that is what we are calling it now), where players can buy coin packs to buy gear and get x amount of time as a FRHD+ member where ads will be disabled as well as other perks.

Right now we are looking at the following price points
    $49.99 for a year of FRHD+ + 65k coins
    $24.99 for 6 month of FRHD+ + 25500 coins
    $9.99 for 2 months of FRHD+ + 7500 coins
    $4.99 for 1 month of FRHD+ + 3000 coins
    $0.99 for 5 days of FRHD+ + 500 coins

If you have installed the FB App you can see the price points there as payments are enabled: https://apps.facebook.com/freeriderhd/store

We plan to enable web payments next week.

We will look to backfill / reward players X number of coins that have tracks in campaigns, to add incentive for authors to create tracks for those.

If you have ideas for Headgear, bike gear, footwear and handwear let us know. Also, if you want to take a crack at designing and item and if we use it, you can get a free one ;). To create one, the image needs to be an SVG, no gradients with solid colors.

We also released 2 new daily achievements:
    • The Challenger (40 coins) - Send 5 Race Challenges
    • Swag (50 coins) - Buy 1 item from the shop
    Hmmm, did I miss anything? Have questions, feedback and/or suggestions let us know!

Oh - whatever gear you are currently wearing will show up in all your ghosts. Check out mine: http://www.freeriderhd.com/t/1903-desert-war/r/eric

NewGoblin, Scarpa, Skeeny and 3 others like this.
  2. Elibloodthirst

Elibloodthirst You're about to miss EVERYTHING VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Paying for things? Ahh so now it's a social gaming site. fudge

Scarpa, LucJohnson and AbhijitHota like this.
  3. Eric

We have tried to be reasonable with the costs to make it reasonable for those that can only play to be able to get all items, but of course those that are willing to donate/support the site can earn their gear quicker. But depending on how much entertainment value you get from FRHD at $49.99 a year that is $4.16 a month, a coffee and a half a month!

Anyways, the costs involved with making a game like Free Rider are not cheap. All things on the internet are either funded through ads, donations and/or a mix. Does that make sense?

NewGoblin, Scarpa, Skeeny and 2 others like this.
  4. pssst

pssst Forum Legend Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Eagerly waiting, I want to use this account rather than the one linked up with facebook

5. Maple

Maple Love to draw VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    For future contests you could utilize the shop as a means of rewarding winners. Let's say the top 3 winners of a official contest get a special hat or something.

6. Eric

Definitely an idea we have been tossing around.

I think the shop will open up a lot of fun customization / rewards for contests etc...

speedy__XD likes this.
  7. TiMartin1069

TiMartin1069 Active Member Official Author

How do we upload an SVG to the forums, i have one for you

8. pssst

Awarded Medals
    Update this:

upload_2014-11-27_20-1-34.png

Cryogenic likes this.
  9. Eric

Hmm good question. maybe email it in to feedback@freeriderhd.com

10. Eric

Will add it to our list, working on a couple tweaks to player profiles o_O

11. TiMartin1069

12. pssst

Awarded Medals
  13. TiMartin1069

Not for me either :unsure:

14. Char

Char Free Rider HD Developer Official Author

15. TiMartin1069

I thought i did on the email, if not please tell me how

16. Char

No, you imported an image into an svg. That is different.
    SVG Image

17. TiMartin1069

OK, Can i use that image as a template, then draw designs on the inside. (Copyright and all)

18. Pancakes345

Pancakes345 Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I love this update, but I think some of the helmets cost a bit too much coins.

19. Char

Yeah, but you have to use an svg editor, such as adobe illustrator. Inkscape isn't very good as it leaves a bunch of weird properties in it.

TiMartin1069 likes this.
  20. pssst

Awarded Medals
    I wouldn't mind this tbh. Honestly I wouldn't share my tracks on Facebook unless I put ALOT of effort into them. But some other people may feel otherwise and want to share their creations with their friends. This could also bring more players to this game through social networking.

Elibloodthirst likes this.