1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Track Creator Alpha Feedback and Issues

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Please post all feedback, bugs and issues for the Alpha Track Creator here!

http://www.freeriderhd.com/create

note: you must be logged in to see the track creator

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    Pie42 and Ira like this.
  2. Lobsert

Lobsert Member

Okay. First bug is that I can't draw anything. Am I missing something on the pen tool? I select the tool, I'm in edit track and should be able to click and draw?
    Nothing happens when I do this.

EDIT: Nothing happens when I do anything. I can import tracks, move the rider and reset.

Pie42 likes this.
  3. Eric

Alright first bug!

What operating system and browser are you using? Let me guess, FireFox? Just reproduced it, we will get a fix out shortly! This is what ALPHA is for!

Pie42 and speedy__XD like this.
  4. Lobsert

Lobsert Member

Okay I generally use Firefox and that's what it's not working on. Switch to chrome and it works yay. On IE it still has the Coming Soon message.

All on Windows 7.

Gonna clear cache and retry on FF.
    EDIT: Cleared cache and firefox doesnt work.

EDIT2: Really like it on chrome, the new grid is nice, it all works very well. Really needs spacebar to pause so you can make proper landings for jumps.

Pie42 likes this.
  5. Eric

For first pass of Alpha we are only showing to logged in players.

Firefox is broken, IE has some glitches and Chrome is what we mainly tested with so that works.

We will work on fixes for the other browsers today! Thanks for the heads up Lobsert, we took some shortcuts to get to alpha :)

Pie42 and Lobsert like this.
  6. Lobsert

Lobsert Member

And firefox now works! Yay!

Pie42 and speedy__XD like this.
  7. Eric

Firefox should now be fixed. Will add [space] for pause to our issue list. Keep the feedback coming!

Pie42 likes this.
  8. Lobsert

Lobsert Member

When dragging a line across and to the end of the screen the screen doesn't move with it, you have to manually drag the screen with the camera.

Also if I close the tab and then reopen it the track creator is blank until refresh. (on firefox)

Pie42 likes this.
  9. BowlOfFire

BowlOfFire Active Member Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    So when I go to erase a power-up, the view moves back to the start of the track like I'm pressing the arrow keys to move the rider. It doesn't happen every time, and erasing lines works just fine. I'm using Safari so I don't know if that would cause it, but everything else seems to work fine.

Glad to see I can upload tracks I had made on the CR track editor. I had a big one about finished when the site went down. Just finished it today :)

Pie42 likes this.
  10. Lobsert

Lobsert Member

Scroll wheel to zoom in/out takes huge scrolls to move and seems kinda off sometimes.

Also the tab on track creator shows the title of the last track played (on firefox, havent tested other browsers)

Pie42 likes this.
  11. DarkSideOfTheMoon

DarkSideOfTheMoon Casual Member

Eric I can't find out how to test tracks that I am creating.

Pie42 likes this.
  12. Eric

Noted, we will add that to the fix list.

Hmm I can't reproduce this one in Firefox. Are you on the latest version of FF? I think it is 27 now.

Pie42 likes this.
  13. Eric

Could not replicate the erasing power up, will keep trying. Are you using a mac?

Nice save that for site upload which we will work on after we get this track creator out of alpha, still have a few bugs to work out.

Pie42 likes this.
  14. Eric

Another one for the list, replicated in FF and mouse wheel in chrome.

Will get this one fixed now.

Pie42 likes this.
  15. Eric

Press the "accelerate" key, we need to bind start to all keys. Another bug for the list!

Pie42 likes this.
  16. Lobsert

Lobsert Member

Opened track creator, drew a line and couldn't move with arrows or wasd. Pressed shift to move camera and now it's stuck on camera move. Can open the pen popups but can't use them. Arrow keys center on the rider like he's going to move. Refreshed and i still can't move but now shift doesn't freeze. Firefox.

Edit: I'm on 26.0, updating now.

Pie42 likes this.
  17. Eric

Looks like we may have just pushed a bug, we are pushing a fix now. Got to love alpha :)

Pie42 and Lobsert like this.
  18. Lobsert

Lobsert Member

I'm having fun with the alpha. :p Updated and i still can't move rider.
    Ah. It's starting paused and spacebar is the only thing that unpauses it.

EDIT:

Starts with arrow keys but has no pause button.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    Pie42 likes this.
  19. Eric

That's the bug, will update when we push a fix.

Pie42 likes this.
  20. DarkSideOfTheMoon

DarkSideOfTheMoon Casual Member

I have an auto break.

Pie42 likes this.