1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

New Feature Player + Friend Lifetime Leaderboards

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

We haven't released any new features lately so buckled down and cracked out lifetime leaderboards, it is pretty cool to see how active players are. Right now it is just for points for friends and players lifetime. We plan to have a "Authors" leaderboard but need some input on stat to track/rank. And either a weekly or monthly leaderboard to go with the lifetime since that can be fairly discouraging for a new player that just starts, will likely default on the shorter time frame.

Currently player lifetime leaderboard is only showing players that have played in past 24-hrs since we are populating leaderboard data when players are playing, we need to run a script to pull all those players that may have hit 1k pts but have not played in past 24-hrs.

Player Lifetime (note only players with 1k pts will show up):
    http://www.freeriderhd.com/leaderboards/player/lifetime

Friend Lifetime:
    http://www.freeriderhd.com/leaderboards/friend/lifetime

For Track Authors, was thinking total up votes on all tracks? What we don't want to happen or encourage is players going to down vote specific authors on the leaderboard so up votes seems like the metric to rank on. Would need a minimum number of upvotes etc. What do you you guys think?

2. FREEZ

FREEZ Well-Known Member Official Author

um, how do I get there from the home page?

3. Eric

Left menu below campaigns. We missed it on the small left menu but should be added there now.

4. FREEZ

ah ok thanks!

5. la5erbeam

la5erbeam Active Member Official Author

haha I'm 93rd :p

Eric likes this.
  6. FREEZ

im probably so low that im not in the first 1000th :)

7. FREEZ

actually I looked. I was 62nd...!

8. Username

Username Active Member

Rank 246 oh boy

9. Eric

We are piloting a Author leaderboard: http://www.freeriderhd.com/leaderboards/author/lifetime/1

To get on it you need to meet a minimum rating threshold. One thing to note about all our leaderboards is that data is pushed to the leaderboards when a player is active. So if an author has the votes but has not played since the leaderboard was launched they won't show up, same with the player leaderboard.

Votes on the Author leaderboard is total upvotes across all tracks.

We may run a script to sync up the leaderboard stats next week so that we have a more complete initial data set.

Srtrindade likes this.
  10. la5erbeam

la5erbeam Active Member Official Author

You should do total plays too! It looks cool though! :)

11. FREEZ

Total plays would be a good idea! Also do a "like/dislike ratio", and a "like/dislike over total tracks" ratio too!

12. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Well-Known Member Official Author

I am 13th in Lifetime, 2nd in Friends, and 6th in author!

13. Sono

Sono Well-Known Member Official Author

Well look at you Mister Fanceypants.
    I find the Author leaderboard kind of funny at the moment. The first place person doesn't have enough likes to beat ONE of ItzChuckNorris' tracks. Can't wait until he logs on. xD

Cryogenic likes this.
  14. Sono

Sono Well-Known Member Official Author

15. speedy__XD

speedy__XD Well-Known Member Official Author

I love all of the leaderboards :) Although not playing tracks that much really bit me for the world leaderboard :p
    *suggestion* You could put the number of tracks next to the number of likes, shouldn't factor into the ranking but it could kind of give you an idea of who is really doing better. Say you have someone with 558 likes and 34 tracks, then you have the next guy behind him with 550 likes but only 8 tracks. You might think, "wow that is impressive!" Then go check out his tracks. Just seems like a good way to give people a good idea of what is going on :) You could even do it as
    (Author name) ______________________________________________________ (Likes) / (# of tracks)
    So it would look like
    speedy__XD___________________________________________________________1056 / 20 tracks

Anyway just an idea :)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  16. Black_Hearted_XxX

Black_Hearted_XxX Active Member

Yeah but then you would have people disliking it on purpose just to mess stuff up... plus you would have the guys making more than one profile just to get an edge

17. weem

weem FREE RIDER LEGEND Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    [​IMG]

Skeeny, FOIL, Pityboy and 1 other person like this.
  18. Black_Hearted_XxX

Hehehe pulling out the facts are we

19. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Well-Known Member Official Author

Hey, people logged in. So I moved. :p at least I am on there :D

Skeeny and Black_Hearted_XxX like this.
  20. Black_Hearted_XxX

True but all bow in the greatness of iTzChuckNorris XD not sure if hes ever gonna leave No. 1

FREEZ likes this.