1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Update Track Creator Update - Aug 7th, 2014

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Char, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Char

Char Free Rider HD Developer Official Author

Hey guys, we just pushed out a couple changes to the editor that might help how you guys create tracks.

1) The issue with not being able to pause while accelerating has been fixed.

2) We have added a new curve tool, which will allow newer authors to create smoother tracks quicker.
    [​IMG]

3) Added a higher level zoom, you can now zoom up to 5x zoom, for better line placement.

Edit:

4) Added zoom towards cursor.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    Joelbmx, Pityboy, la5erbeam and 6 others like this.
  2. ThreeAreFour

ThreeAreFour Well-Known Member Official Author

#1 and #3 are things I was really looking forward to. :)
    Bug: If you're making a curve with the new tool, pointing to the edge of the screen doesn't move it.

3. weem

weem FREE RIDER LEGEND Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
  4. Sono

Sono Well-Known Member Official Author

I don't know if you guys will hate me or love me for this.. But.. I found a bug with the new curve tool (I think).
    I didn't bother making a whole new thread about it, because it's pretty simple.
    How come you can't make a curve line with this line?
    [​IMG]
    The line just disappears when you let go and won't let you make it all curvy.
    EDIT: In fact, all vertical lines don't work..

Eric likes this.
  5. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Good find! Have added it to our bugs list will take a look tomorrow. Besides that what do you think of the new tool so far?

6. Sono

I think it's the coolest thing ever, but I won't use it. I like having complete control over all of my lines ;)

7. Char

Yeah, I will fix this tomorrow.

4bot2 and speedy__XD like this.
  8. Blaze06h

Blaze06h Well-Known Member

Oh my! The new curve tool!!! :eek::thumbsup:
    Can you make the zooming between 1x to 0.2x a bit smoother? It helps while riding tracks that require you to see very far, but the 0.2x zoom makes me me use a micro-scope to see the lines.

9. speedy__XD

speedy__XD Well-Known Member Official Author

awesome job guys ;) I love the new curve tool ;) I don't think it takes away from the original game, just adds more options ;) I posted a couple of bugs in the broken section but hey no worries you do good work! :D

10. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Nice update ! Would it be possible to make these curves smoother? Right now they look really smooth when you draw them and the line is red but when you click the curve is not that smooth. Maybe that's intended but right now I still draw smoother lines than this tool which makes it useless.

11. FREEZ

FREEZ Well-Known Member Official Author

yeah, me too.

I wont be using this new tool until they fix all the bugs in it :) . Also I like hows there is a "brush" tool instead of the old curve tool

12. Char

Update
    Curve tool bugs have been fixed.
    Added zoom towards cursor

ThreeAreFour and Eric like this.
  13. Char

Yeah, the calculation is fairly difficult. The reason its not smooth, is because I have to round the floating point numbers it generates. This causes the curve to be less smooth. For larger curves it is smooth, but for smaller ones not so much. Might tweak the numbers a bit.
    If I left the floating point numbers, the track codes would be far too large.

14. Sono

Very nice, very nice. I've also noticed that really tiny curves have missing lines around the vertex of the curve - but I don't expect for there to be a solution to that. xD
    On another note, this tool is tons of fun to play around with.
    Try this for fun :) (open)
    -68 0 -68 c -66 14 -63 1q -5u 2e -5q 2s -5m 35 -5i 3e -5e 3m -59 3u -54 45 -4v 4c -4p 4j -4j 4p -4c 4v -45 54 -3u 59 -3m 5e -3e 5i -35 5m -2s 5q -2e 5u -1q 63 -14 66 -c 68,-c 68 0 68,68 0 68 c,68 c 66 14 63 1q 5u 2e 5q 2s 5m 35 5i 3e 5e 3m 59 3u 54 45 4v 4c 4p 4j 4j 4p 4c 4v 45 54 3u 59 3m 5e 3e 5i 35 5m 2s 5q 2e 5u 1q 63 14 66 c 68 0 68,-68 0 -68 -c -66 -14 -63 -1q -5u -2e -5q -2s -5m -35 -5i -3e -5e -3m -59 -3u -54 -45 -4v -4c -4p -4j -4j -4p -4c -4v -45 -54 -3u -59 -3m -5e -3e -5i -35 -5m -2s -5q -2e -5u -1q -63 -14 -66 -c -68 0 -68 c -68 14 -66 1q -63 2e -5u 2s -5q 35 -5m 3e -5i 3m -5e 3u -59 45 -54 4c -4v 4j -4p 4p -4j 4v -4c 54 -45 59 -3u 5e -3m 5i -3e 5m -35 5q -2s 5u -2e 63 -1q 66 -14 68 -c,68 -c 68 0##

15. Char

Yeah, small curves are missing a line, this is a fix for the Ghost line issue. I might be able to solve it, but generally lines with a length of less than 2, are not placed.

16. 4bot2

4bot2 Casual Member

17. Eric

Do you happen to have the track code before you uploaded? Char will take a look at this first thing when he gets in.

Any other info/steps that could help us replicate this issue? Did you draw all in one session? Did you do it over several stages? Did you import/export code with curves in place?

18. 4bot2

4bot2 Casual Member

i need to use this for a half loop. how do i make one?

19. 4bot2

4bot2 Casual Member

1) I don't have the track code
    2) well, i did the regular thing. drew that straight line, and then bent it.on the creator it all worked fine
    3) i drew it all in one session
    4)i never import/exported the track, although i plan to, now. just to make sure it works..

20. Eric

track has been removed and coins credited. like i said, any additional info you can give us to replicate this issue will help us get it fixed.

4bot2 likes this.