1. Dismiss Notice

Official Contest Win 400 gems! "Track of the Day" Instagram Contest

Discussion in 'Community challenges and contests!' started by Scoughman, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Scoughman

Scoughman Member Forum Moderator Administrator Official Author Featured Tracks Moderator

Not to be left out, we're running our first Instagram contest this week: https://instagram.com/p/Bcvm7HalT8D/ Just log in and leave a comment with a track you think should be a TotD.

Just like I said on the FB contest, don't forget to update to version 2.4.0 on iOS or download the app if you haven't already: https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id773716739?pt=1198585&ct=forumcontestTotD&mt=8

Winner(s) will be announced December 22nd, so let your friends know and don't forget to sign up before the deadline. If we can get the post to go nuts you can definitely expect more contests in the future. :thumbsup:

Trainer_B, Willyy, F-O-X and 5 others like this.
  2. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator Official Author Featured Tracks Moderator

Wow these contests are such a succes!

Willyy, TeamPhantom, Volund and 3 others like this.
  3. Scoughman

Scoughman Member Forum Moderator Administrator Official Author Featured Tracks Moderator

Yeah, not very impressive are they. What do you guys think we could do to make them more exciting?

Willyy likes this.
  4. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator Official Author Featured Tracks Moderator

I know you guys would love to do this via social media but if you want a bunch of reactions you should do it via the forum. I'm sure plenty of people would be voting for stuff here. I think no matter how cool your contest, people just don't want to comment on these kinds of post when its linked to their real life profile. Maybe you could post on facebook "vote now on the forum" or something like that

Inversely and Willyy like this.
  5. Scoughman

Okay, I hear you. Didn't realize people's anonymity was so important. The goal is definitely to try and build a following around our social media, so we have more ways to let you know about new features, contests, etc. and help grow the community by introducing it to new people. We'll have to give it some more thought.

Max007x likes this.
  6. Ishu

Ishu Well-Known Member Official Author

Here are my thoughts

Most people who play frhd either play on mobile or online. Very few play both, so offering a reward that only pertains to mobile players doesnt really make sense because trackmakers use the desktop version where we dont need gems.
    I think if you guys want to build a social media following, either you should let an active member on the forums run it or be more consistent with updates. For me personally, I would follow yall to learn about the different updates coming to the game. However, the way this game has been updated isnt super consistent-weve been told that certain updates will come soon and then they dont come at all. If you guys keep making new features consistently and advertise ur social med more on the game, I think the following will grow.
    Also contests may be more successful if you advertise on the game rather than the forums as the greatest demographic for this game is kids more interested in the game more than the community.

Volund, Todredrob, Phase and 2 others like this.
  7. Scoughman

Gotcha. The original idea was to offer a choice of coins or gems based on where you play, but like you said it seems like there's quite a split between mobile and desktop players (i.e. track creators) so I figured there'd be different groups on each platform. We can definitely try the choice of either if you guys think that'd help signups.

I'm curious to hear what other active forum members would do with our social stuff, though we can definitely work on stepping up our game on those platforms if that's what you mean. It's kind of a chicken and egg problem right now, we want to share updates but we need people listening on Facebook and IG to make that worth doing.

We did add those rewards for checking out our social in-game, so hopefully that'll help - maybe we can find a way to improve that too.

Really appreciate this feedback, guys. The whole point is to make content you guys like so it means a lot and is really helpful to hear from you.

Volund and Ishu like this.