1. Dismiss Notice

Track inspiration and ideas

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Pancakes345, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Pancakes345

Pancakes345 Well-Known Member Official Author

This thread is for posting creative track ideas that you've had and also posting the things that generally inspire you in the first place. All creative and innovative ideas are welcome, but don't post ideas that are already very common on this site - instead, be specific. Even if it's very experimental and strange, as long as its something that provokes originality it is welcome!

I know this thread's been made before, but I don't want to bump a year-old thread. I also feel like this thread (if it becomes popular) could also inspire an influx of creativity among trackmakers :)

I'll start. One idea I've had for a while is a track based upon a very urban and crowded slum. I usually get inspired by real life cities such as Hong Kong and New York City, and also fictional artworks that depict very large and detailed cyberpunk cities. Similarly, Kowloon Walled City is also a great source of inspiration for me.

Feel free to post your source of inspiration and also your cool ideas!

Whisk, JerryAxi, Eryp and 2 others like this.
  2. CityShep

CityShep Well-Known Member Official Author

i dont really wanna post all my ideas because i would rather use them for myself if i ever make another big track than hand em out, but here’s some stuff that gets me thinking lately
    8948917A-700D-4723-BB08-2A1776500AF9.jpeg 0E363840-EBC0-4BC3-8F06-CB7216A3C2BF.jpeg 2F4400AE-C57E-4099-9CEB-7CE0EC20526E.jpeg 6A7D1CDC-10FA-4E26-A8FB-0D4D348220E9.jpeg
    inb4 i never act on these inspirations

Amazing902 likes this.
  3. 1MPER1AL_116

1MPER1AL_116 Well-Known Member Official Author

4. cctvcctvcctv

cctvcctvcctv Well-Known Member

Now we have antigravity, and we can go at really high speeds, maybe someone can make a good animation.

5. cctvcctvcctv

cctvcctvcctv Well-Known Member

What about a series of tracks on the theme of age.
    You start with some place like a forest say. That's track #1
    For track #2 you upload the same track but maybe a few hundred years in the future. The forest has turned into a village. Keep some landmarks like hills and big trees and such to provide a link to the past track.
    Track #3: a town. Some landmarks might have disappeared by now, but you could carry on with some buildings from #2 for the landmarks.
    track #4 could be a city
    track #5 could be a desolated city. Provide some sort of story in the detail. Was there a killer disease, a nuclear apocalypse? Was it just abandoned, like detroit?
    optional track #6 could be the city being taken over by nature again.
    This is probably too much for a single track author, so maybe a collab would suffice.
    It also might be a nice touch to keep some landmarks throughout the series.
    Of course, you don't have to choose the nature/city theme. It could be any theme you like.