1. Dismiss Notice

There's a problem that needs fixing

Discussion in 'Anything and everything Free Rider' started by Racer_X, Dec 6, 2017.

?

How will we solve this?

1. Remove the generator from the game or make it unusable.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Dislike every track that is generated

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Change the generator so that it always shows shading and we can easily tell if they generated or not

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Make a community account where it is the only place where generating is allowed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Racer_X

Racer_X Well-Known Member Official Author

Many track authors are using Loob and m1.c3's track generator to make tracks and get likes without working for them. Naming names would take too long. This is clearly a problem, and the definition between an author working to pump out many tracks (most notably BrightSpace) and many other authors do, and an author punching some stuff into a generator to pump out many tracks is very thin. The dilemma, however, is that Loob and m1.c3 spent a lot of time and effort on their track generator, so removing it would not only be hard for the developers (they may have to change the code and what not), but it would also not be fair to the creators of this generator. Therefore, what I propose is that we all agree that this is wrong, and when we see it, we should state so. This will discourage track makers that are generating tracks, and encourage hard-working authors, while still keeping the generator existent. Tell me what you think of my idea or of this issue and how to solve it down there.

2. WheelieMaker

WheelieMaker Well-Known Member Official Author

must be a pretty shitty generator because all tracks i've seen using it suck

CityShep and Phase like this.
  3. Racer_X

Racer_X Well-Known Member Official Author

they suck but they are getting made and getting likes

4. SlashDash

SlashDash New Member

If people like them, so be it. I certainly like original tracks, but I'm not against generated tracks.
    Botted tracks are a different story, they eliminate the need for players's likes to make them more popular.