1. Dismiss Notice

The FRHD News~Special News Report!~

Discussion in 'Old News papers' started by FREEZ, Oct 1, 2014.

?

Answer the poll! Multiple selections are allowed!

1. 50 coins to upload: Jacob did a good job

90.9%
  2. 50 coins to upload: Jacob did not (please elaborate)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. New Top Rated Tracks: Jacob did a good job

81.8%
  4. New Top Rated Tracks: Jacob did not (again elaborate)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The FRHD News awards were fair

81.8%
  6. The FRHD News awards were not (elaborate!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FREEZ

FREEZ Well-Known Member Official Author

Breaking News!: 50 coins to upload!
    We have just received an update from Eric that the cost to upload a track is 50 coins. This, obviously, still only applies to the non-Official Authors. He said that it is just a test to see if the quality of tracks goes down. This can and might happen, but who knows. I, personally, don't think it is going to last long, but that doesn't mean it's not a good idea. The test will last 1 week, so if quality goes down, I bet we will see the cost go up again. This doesn't mean,"Sweet! I'll just quickly finish up my track so I can upload it cheaper!" If you did that, that would ruin the whole point of the test, and it would probably make the cost go up again. We'll keep you posted on this update.

This has been JacobCahoon, FRHD News Journalist and Interviewer.

TOP RATED TRACKS CHANGE!

Eric also pointed out that how they organize the Top Rated Tracks have changed! He says that they are sorted based on "total likes, minimum number of votes, and some other stuff". If you go to the Top Rated Tracks, you can see that Wheelies Are Bombs is the new top rated track. I can still remember when it went crazy popular. Maybe that's because it was so recent! We are hoping to see tracks that are truly the highest rated to get on the list, and stay on the list! This means no more of that ONE person who votes down on a track. We all know how annoying that is. Because of this update, your track will have to get trending to get on the Top Rated list.

This has also been JacobCahoon

FRHD News awards:

Track Maker of the day
    goes to codrey for his track Adventure cave. This is not the most detailed track, but what it "lacks" in detail it makes up in the ride. Though this track is not really hard, It is not just a hold up with an occasional tap of the lean-right or the lean-left keys. It has loops, jumps, gravity jumps, boosts, and all in all it is a very balanced ride!

Top 5 trending tracks:
    • #5 is Cannon by mudkip2 . It is surprisingly simple, all it is are boosts that shoot the bike out of a "cannon" into the star
    • #4 goes to Sumatran Rainforest by Forlorn333 This track is very short, but it's strong point is eye candy. It's detail is superb.
    • #3 is Silent Night by Max007x . I don't really know how to discripe this track, other than it is a water track where the biker has to collect all the stars. He also made a forum post on it here
    • #2 is The City by cahir (not a forum mebmber, YET). This track utilizes some backtracking techniques to make the ride longer and more enjoyable. It also features a good amount of checkpoints.
    • And #1 is... Gravity Mania by LucJohnson . this has some pretty awesome tiers, and it utilizes gravity (duh) and "track-re-usage" to make this track seem different and unique
    best tracks of the week:
    this is the section where we of the FRHD news bring your some of the best new tracks. There will be no tracks listed this issue due to the fact that the last issue was less than a week ago.

This has been FREEZ FRHD news team Journalist and Editor-in-Chief

Thank you for reading this Special report from The FRHD News

Want to write articles for the News? PM me to auditon!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    Skeeny, ISLAMUSLIM and Cryogenic like this.
  2. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Well-Known Member Official Author

I have an idea for the awards. People PM you their best ghost that they made and you choose 5 of the best ones you saw! FREEZ

Skeeny likes this.
  3. FREEZ

Idk, lets see what the community says about your idea!

4. Cryogenic

@Community Please like my idea :p

Scarpa and FREEZ like this.
  5. FREEZ

ahem

Cryogenic likes this.
  6. codrey

codrey Guest

OMG FREEZ thanks for making me "track maker of the day" im honoured! :D

Skeeny, FREEZ and Cryogenic like this.
  7. WheelieMaker

WheelieMaker Well-Known Member Official Author

am i getting an interview

FREEZ and Cryogenic like this.
  8. Cryogenic

Yeah, probably today! I haven't had time yet, but now I do :D

9. Cryogenic

10. FREEZ

invite me to the convo

Cryogenic likes this.
  11. Cryogenic

I can't do it today. Too busy with my track. I NEED to finish it soon so my contest doesn't die down.

FREEZ likes this.
  12. FOIL

FOIL Well-Known Member Official Author

Top 5 trending tracks:
    • #5 is Cannon by mudkip2 . It is surprisingly simple, all it is are boosts that shoot the bike out of a "canon" into the star
    *Cannon.

FREEZ and Cryogenic like this.