1. Dismiss Notice

The FRHD News: Forum activities

Discussion in 'Old News papers' started by FREEZ, Sep 22, 2014.

?

Answer the questions in the poll! Multiple selections are allowed

1. 1.The "New Racing contest" article was a good article

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. 2.^No it wasn't! (please elaborate in the comments section)

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. 3. The award recipients deserved the awards

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. 4.^They did not (again, please elaborate)

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. 5. The "Detailing Thread" article was useful/informative/accurate

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  6. 6. The "Detailing Thread" article was not useful/informative/accurate (elaborate)

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FREEZ

FREEZ Well-Known Member Official Author

New racing contest!
    LukeSpecogna has started another racing contest, (click here) where "The 1st to 10th place will receive 100-10 points. The winner will receive a un-detailed track, and the second and third will get to do a collab with me. " (Luke talking here) There have been several other racing contests, including :
    summer series 2014 by speedy__XD (already ended). This is the first racing contest, and it is my belief at press time that this started of the "trend" of racing contests. Racing was originally going to be a huge part of FRHD, but it has not been until this contest started a wave of other racing contests. the Mods/devs (currently active ones are Char and Eric) should give speedy__XD some recognition for his important part of the development of FRHD

And back to the racing contest list:
    jacobs challenge by JacobCahoon (still going and active)
    coolman2s fall tournament by Coolman2 (still going as far as I can see, but no activity)
    The_Riders Contest<-----read that by the_rider (same status).

Try this new contest out, along with some of the other active ones!

This has been FREEZ , FRHD team journalist and Editor-in-Chief

FRHD News awards:
    • "Track Maker of the day" goes to Forlorn333 for his Sumatran Rainforest track. This track is very short, but it's strong point is eye candy. It's detail is superb.
    • "Most seen on the Forums of the day" goes to
    Top 5 trending tracks:
    • #5 is Wheelies are bomb by nin10dorox this was #2 in last issue (september 19, 3 days ago from press time). This is a hold up where rider does all sorts of stunts to avoid Bombs!
    • #4: Looping Alps [edited] by AJEinstein (not a forum member- yet) this is kind of difficult, but it does not suffer in the way that many tracks suffer in lacking checkpoints. check it out!
    • #3 is I dare you to (hold up) by LukeSpecogna This track is was the #1 trending last issue. It is also (obviously) a hold up, but it does it in such a way that makes it feel like a fun auto.
    • #2 goes to Sumatran Rainforest by Forlorn333 this is the track that got Forlorn333 his "Track Maker of the day" award, and it is the editor's opinion that this will soon be #1 (if it hasnt been already).
    • and #1 goes to... The City by cahir (not a forum mebmber, YET). This track utilizes some backtracking techniques to make the ride longer and more enjoyable. It also features a good amount of checkpoints. Try this amazing track out!
    best tracks of the week:
    this is the section where we of the FRHD news bring your some of the best new tracks. If you have any complaints, you can PM the juornalist and editor, or leave a comment below.

some of the best tracks were featured in the trending list:
    There have been some new campaign entries, but this one stood out to me:
    • Mountains category: there have been some secret entries, but JacobCahoon entered this track: The Mountain Rider . This is just Jacobs Contest round 5 with some minor changes, but still check it out!
    This has also been FREEZ , FRHD team Journalist and Editor-in-Chief.

Detailing thread
    On Saturday, September 20, Maple started a discussion called Detailing Thread where FRHD users contribute useful information on detailing. If this thread stays active, it should prove to be a major help for new and experienced track creators alike. People who have contributed to the thread (not people who have asked questions, people who have answered them) are: Maple (duh), Max007x , Joelbmx , FREEZ , and JacobCahoon . Check that thread out if you want to improve your detailing skills, or if you have even the slightest thing to contribute.

Once again this has been FREEZ (The other FRHD News team journalist JacobCahoon did not have time to help with this issue)

Thanks for reading, and remember to answer the poll!

If you would like to be on the team you can PM me to audition!

2. FREEZ

Apologies to all non Official-authors! The detailing thread is only available to Official-authors.
    Maple I would like it if you made this thread available to the entire community (re-posting, etc)

3. Char

Char Free Rider HD Developer Staff Member Administrator Official Author Featured Tracks Moderator

Well done! Love the FRHD news!

Cryogenic and FREEZ like this.
  4. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator Official Author Featured Tracks Moderator

I agree, I like this thread, especially they weekly and daily awards, great to look at.

Cryogenic and FREEZ like this.
  5. FREEZ

Ha 3r4nd0n :D:D

glad to see people like my articles... :)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
    Char and Cryogenic like this.
  6. FREEZ

anybody?