1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Likely the last major dev update of the 2013!

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Couple notable changes / additions for the end of the week:
    • new notification type for mentioning players on track comments, to mention someone you can use @username in the comments, we are working on a fly out window that will let you select people from a list and that is in progress. Hopefully that will help spark some friendly rivalries on tracks
    • after track complete [enter] will restart (player requested), no more taking your hands off the keyboard while replaying the same track!
    • rudimentary avatar selection is in place for those that have connected with social networks (FB or G+) and letting people know about Gravatar, if you don't yet have an avatar showing up on FRHD set one up in your account settings: http://www.freeriderhd.com/account/settings
    • Race link sharing functional on both mobile and desktop, although we still have some more work to be done in the new year to make it clear to players that they can link to their best time and challenge others, also notifying them when someone beats their ghost.
    For the rest of the year our office will be pretty quiet for the holidays and there won't be any major development on FRHD. If you do come across an issue or a bug, please do post here we will still be around to act on any major issues.

We will be coming back in the new year geared up to complete Challenge / Race link sharing and to knock out Campaigns + Track Creator!

Have a fun and safe holidays!

2. Sono

Sono Well-Known Member Official Author

I think it's safe to say that some friendly rivalries have already taken place because of this update... Hashplant

Well done guys. Have a Merry Christmas!

Pie42, Eric, Velksy and 1 other person like this.
  3. jaketocake

jaketocake Well-Known Member

Really looking forward to that track creator! haha
    And I also noticed that the Chrome web app already has 400 downloads!

Pie42 likes this.
  4. Eric

Awesome, that's what we like to hear, hopefully changes we add in the new year will take rivalries to another level :)

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Pie42 likes this.
  5. Eric

So are we! There are a lot of exciting things that can be done with the creator!

Feedback so far in the Chrome Store has been positive, if we continue to get good feedback we will likely get featured. If you haven't already done so and use a gmail account, add the Chrome app and leave a review, positive reviews help raise the visibility of apps. Here is a link to the app for those that haven't added / reviewed: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/free-rider-hd/emikpifndnjfkgofoglceekhkbaicbde?hl=en

Pie42 likes this.
  6. Hashplant

Hashplant Active Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Panoramic view, awesome.

Pie42 likes this.
  7. speedy__XD

speedy__XD Well-Known Member Official Author

These are awesome changes/ additions! Keep it up! Loving it

Pie42 likes this.
  8. DarkPlant

DarkPlant Member

I canĀ“t change the avatar on FRHD :(

Pie42 likes this.
  9. anibalfox1152

anibalfox1152 Member

hey when is the campaign mode going to come out

10. Blaze06h

Blaze06h Well-Known Member

At least not going to be informed in this thread.

11. anibalfox1152

anibalfox1152 Member

yeah i couldnt make a thread i thnk smthng wrong with my comp

12. Blaze06h

Blaze06h Well-Known Member

I hope the mods/admins didn't make it so you can't.