1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Update Let us know if you...

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Notice any slowness or lag in the game.

We are getting a TON of new traffic to FRHD today (started late last night). So we have had to shift focus to improving DB queries etc. Which means "Skip track for coins" for campaign and new campaign tracks will have to wait until later in the week, site performance comes first!

You may notice some things like the leaderboard loading after the page loads, this is to help with perceived times as we work on tricky queries like the leaderboard.

speedy__XD, DarkPlant, FREEZ and 5 others like this.
  2. LukeSpecogna

LukeSpecogna Well-Known Member Official Author

What I have noticed that if I upload a new track it takes like 5 mins for it to show up on the Newest Section. Otherwise everything is great!!!

FREEZ and Eric like this.
  3. Eric

That is just from caching, we cache those lists for 5-min to save reads on the db's

LukeSpecogna likes this.
  4. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I'm not noticing anything, works as smooth as ever for me ;)

Skeeny, Eric and LukeSpecogna like this.
  5. Eric

Kind of cool isn't it :)

That is what we like to hear, seeing realtime actives climb but performance remain steady.

Max007x likes this.
  6. Sono

Sono Well-Known Member Official Author

Lots of traffic? So, the community is growing like crazy? YAY :D
    Everything is super smooth for me too. I just got a new Android phone, so now I get to mess around in mobile version of the site too. Smooth as ever over there too!

7. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Well-Known Member Official Author

Yay! Campaigns later this week! The game is smooth for me too. I like how you changed the challenge friends to a green color ;)

FREEZ and Sono like this.
  8. crane

crane Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Yeah totally, I love the green colour, really makes my crushing loneliness stand out
    [​IMG]

Reborn, Max007x, FREEZ and 4 others like this.
  9. TiMartin1069

TiMartin1069 Active Member Official Author

I get alot of lag sometimes during the game (almost 20sec on occations) and the track will sometimes take a few mintes to load. This maybe because my internet is sometimes scratchy (at school) but i have pretty good internet at home and i still sometimes get lag their. This may also be due to the graphics card in one of my computers being terrible even though the CPU is excellent. I do notice that the computer that has better GPU will run alot smoother than the one with good CPU. But on the whole it think these are just my problems and have nothing to do with the website. :thumbsup:

Cryogenic likes this.
  10. Cryogenic

You weren't kidding about getting a lot of traffic Eric. Look! The campaign tracks have the most plays now. They are soon going to pass up that one track! Screen Shot 2014-10-08 at 7.44.48 AM.png

FOIL, FREEZ, Skeeny and 3 others like this.
  11. weem

weem FREE RIDER LEGEND Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Loading tracks takes a bit longer than usual for me, but other than that it's working great.

12. FREEZ

FREEZ Well-Known Member Official Author

WAAA! I WANT CAMPAIGNS! WAA WAA WAAAAA!!!!

JK! awesome about more traffic though :thumbsup:

Skrampt and Cryogenic like this.
  13. Eric

We weren't lying about campaign tracks being the most played free rider tracks of all time :)

14. FREEZ

one of the few thing you havent lied about... :mad:

JK! :D :) :)

15. Cryogenic

True that, but you did say the new campaigns were supposed to happen 2 weeks ago :rofl: Just kidding, I'm being too hard on you guys ;)

FREEZ likes this.
  16. FREEZ

They also were late on campaign 1...

and 2...

Cryogenic likes this.
  17. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Holy ****, my campaign tracks went from a comment a week to a comment every hour the past few days, how did this happen Eric ? Did you guys do some advertising or what?

Cryogenic likes this.
  18. Sono

OMG
    I went from 150k plays on my Loopy Caves to 260k in a few days xD
    EDIT: And it's about time the first track in the campaign has more plays than the second.. That didn't make any sense for the longest time Dx

speedy__XD, Cryogenic and FREEZ like this.
  19. Eric

Ya, that is due to us having 2 unlocked tracks. That will change to 1 after the skip for coins is released so that people will be more inclined to go down 1 single path.

speedy__XD likes this.
  20. Sono

Ya I figured that..
    Do you guys have any statistics on how much of an increase in activity FRHD received? If so, could you tell us? I'm really curious :3
    Also, where did the activity come from? Advertising I'm assuming, but where were you advertising?