1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

New Feature Free Rider HD Friends

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Free Rider HD friends is now released!
    A couple things to note:
    • friends are currently limited to 25, we may increase this but we would like "friends" to actually have meaning and not a race for who can get the most. The more friends we allow the more difficult it will become to scale certain things that we would like to do. We may increase this but don't go spamming people, try to connect with those you actually want to have interactions with.
    • Friend Leaderboards - you will notice a "FRIEND BEST TIMES" section below each track, these will show your friends best times if they have them. If you pass / beat a friends best time they will get a in game notification that will link directly to your ghost (we have enabled emails yet). We hope this will create some good back and forth between friends
    • Friend Request Email Notifications - we added Friend Request Email Notifications today. We put some measures around it to make sure you are not getting spammed. If you are online you will not receive an email or if you have received an email in the last hour you will not. As always you have full control of your Email Notifications here: http://www.freeriderhd.com/notifications/settings
    If you find any bugs / issues please let us know, and as always feedback is welcomed.

Things to come:
    • ways to invite friends that do not yet have an account (email, social, etc)
    • in game challenge of friends with ability to send a custom msg
    OK I think that is it.

FOIL, Caterham, WrzodX and 4 others like this.
  2. fil

fil Active Member Official Author

Question: How do you make the Friend Races thing go away cause I have no friends currently

Skrampt and Caterham like this.
  3. ISLAMUSLIM

ISLAMUSLIM Active Member

I think that the friends thing where it shows last played 11 minutes ago and stuff like that should be organized by the most recent last played if yknow what im sayin
    upload_2014-6-5_15-51-33.png

Caterham likes this.
  4. ISLAMUSLIM

ISLAMUSLIM Active Member

And this you get 2 notifications ok what ever

upload_2014-6-5_16-26-30.png

Caterham and Pityboy like this.
  5. Eric

In short, you can't. Does it take up too much space?

6. Eric

yes you will get both notifications if you are passed on the world leaderboard as well. You can turn off that notification if you like.

Caterham likes this.
  7. ISLAMUSLIM

ISLAMUSLIM Active Member

Yeah that is what i was thinking also this is a little tooo big and kinda annoying if it was just a little bit smaller :)

upload_2014-6-5_16-33-23.png

Caterham likes this.
  8. Eric

Since we weren't sorting have sorted by last played, but will likely change to alphabetical at some point.

Caterham likes this.
  9. ISLAMUSLIM

ISLAMUSLIM Active Member

OK THATS FUNNY:):D:p

upload_2014-6-5_16-37-54.png

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    FOIL, viiruMIAIMIAU, Caterham and 2 others like this.
  10. ISLAMUSLIM

ISLAMUSLIM Active Member

ok now its better :) thanks

Caterham likes this.
  11. fil

How about if you put the world high scores and friend high scores in tabs that you can switch?

FOIL, Caterham and Blaze06h like this.
  12. Sono

Sono Well-Known Member Official Author

Easier said than done.

Love the friends idea. Can't wait to add my worst enemies friends to my friends list so I can compete with them :D
    I'm going to go check my friends requests :D

[​IMG]

:'( I'm un-loved :( ..

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    FOIL, Caterham, Blaze06h and 2 others like this.
  13. la5erbeam

la5erbeam Active Member Official Author

haha:D

Skrampt and Caterham like this.
  14. Eric

We removed the text and adjusted some of the padding around the button how is that now?
    We may be able to get away with reducing the size of the titles a bit / removing the "reload" buttons.
    Originally we had the leaderboards default to "friends" and global could be switched to through a dropdown. Reason we didn't go that route was fear that players would be looking at an empty friend leaderboard and not get a chance to see the global, defaulting to global would not give friends visibility.
    If it is just an issue of spacing we should be able to tighten it up a bit more if needed.

15. ISLAMUSLIM

ISLAMUSLIM Active Member

Yeah iTz better now :)

Caterham likes this.
  16. Blaze06h

Blaze06h Well-Known Member

Make it so that if the friends leaderboards are empty, it would automatically switch to global.

Caterham and WrzodX like this.
  17. fil

Good idea!

Caterham likes this.
  18. Pityboy

Pityboy Well-Known Member Official Author

May I suggest an idea?
    You can only add 25 players to your friends list, but you can accept more than 25.

ISLAMUSLIM and Caterham like this.
  19. fil

Something's wrong in the friend leaderboard:
    upload_2014-6-7_20-9-36.png
    SonicoXD is one of my friends(proof later) yet he's not in the friend leaderboard!!!
    upload_2014-6-7_20-10-45.png

Caterham likes this.
  20. ISLAMUSLIM

ISLAMUSLIM Active Member

There is an issue with friends on samsung chromebooks :( because when i went to my friends list nothing was there (it was not showing my list of 26 friends) and it was showing an arrow pointing to add friends but when i am playing a track it shows which friends completed it.

not icognito mode
    no plugins
    google chrome :)

Caterham likes this.