Featured Tracks - Updates & Discussion

Discussion in 'Anything and everything Free Rider' started by Stig, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator Official Author Featured Tracks Moderator

???

Skrampth likes this.
  2. JerryAxi

JerryAxi Well-Known Member Official Author

I'm actually half convinced you're a bot, your sentences don't make too much sense altogether; it's almost like you've google translated an entirely different language into English.

3. Elibloodthirst

Elibloodthirst Well-Known Member Official Author

That post tho

4. WheelieMaker

WheelieMaker Well-Known Member Official Author

hahahahahha

Elibloodthirst and Skrampth like this.
  5. Skrampth

Skrampth Well-Known Member Official Author

I like them

6. mR..A

mR..A Well-Known Member Official Author Featured Tracks Moderator

progress is being made. we're not guna vote anymore, if we see a genuine feature-worthy track it will get featured. i only have access to the moderator side of things on the forums atm but not for much longer

in terms of the 3 tracks everyone is talking about right now

Alien Incursion - great track, really like the theme and layout + the ride looks really fun. be patient on this one

Isle of Clouds - looks nice zoomed out, some nice detail. the auto doesn't really stand apart from the rest and isn't so smooth in certain parts. for me, i think if this was a ride-able track with some more original elements throughout, it would be a definite

Ghosting Collab - the main problem is obviously the difficulty and the fact no-one has completed it. the scale of the track is impressive but i could think of 30+ trackmakers who could do something really similar if you give them a week or 2. if you look at this track for example https://www.freeriderhd.com/t/50455-praseodymium-2 it looks pretty cool and the ride is fun but it doesn't jump out as a track you should feature.. the ghosting collab is like this just 4x bigger and impossible for most people. you have to think, if every decent trial-maker does their usual track but extends it 3 or 4x should all of those tracks get featured? it's a tricky one, i'll try to complete it when i have time and see if that changes things at all

7. Elibloodthirst

Elibloodthirst Well-Known Member Official Author

mR..A Incursion got featured about 5 minutes ago, by you possibly? Anyway thanks :))

The argument to me, on Isle of Clouds anyway is the detail aspects, I don't think they were going for the impressive auto but the detail elements, just like with shadowlands but with less "OMG THAT DETAIL" but still with detail that is extraordinary

Yeah, difficulty. I'm sure someone will get it down though.

8. ItsColinGuys

ItsColinGuys Well-Known Member Official Author

Hi everyone.

I am working on a track to celebrate 100 Subscribers.

This track is probably going to be my biggest and most successful yet. (Maybe My First Feature)

Im the type of person who never used boosts or more than 1 star.

Would adding more boosts and starts make the track more appealing?...

Thank you.

XD

9. Empire

Empire Well-Known Member Official Author

umm gl
    [​IMG]

JerryAxi, Zycerak and Elibloodthirst like this.
  10. Todredrob

Todredrob Well-Known Member Official Author

judge for yourself https://www.freeriderhd.com/t/218539-todredrobs-intro-to-ramps a pretty good solid track that teaches minimal boosts and 1 star, compare it against this https://www.freeriderhd.com/t/273559-a-lot-more-boosts you tell me which is more appealing

11. IHilfiker

IHilfiker New Member

Isle of clouds

12. Woody

Woody Member Official Author

13. Todredrob

Todredrob Well-Known Member Official Author

Zycerak likes this.
  14. Woody

Woody Member Official Author

ok

AndrewVaughn, CityShep and Skrampth like this.