1. Dismiss Notice

coins for voting

Discussion in 'Have an idea? Post it here!' started by iTzChuckNorris, Oct 11, 2017.

1. iTzChuckNorris

iTzChuckNorris Well-Known Member Official Author

You should get a coin for rating a track.
    possibly even more if you actually complete the track.
    it just seems like no one rates tracks.

2. Volund

Volund FRHD News Team Official Author

I agree, tracks get a lot of plays but not many likes. However, it could promote disliking as much as liking. I wouldnt mind seeing the dislike button boycotted, and this sort of thing introduced

Unless you only got the coin/s for liking tracks

3. Golden.Grizzly

Golden.Grizzly Well-Known Member Official Author

Every 100 plays, the creator gets 100 coins and every like, they get 2 coins???
    If u like a track, the voter gets 1 coin (only usable once on each track(can't like, dislike then like again and get 2 coins)
    I agree on yours too btw!!!

Enacted and F-O-X like this.
  4. iTzChuckNorris

It will promote spam liking just as much as spam disliking but who cares. Votes make people feel like their track has been played by more individuals and not just repeats. It's more incentive to create and I think giving a coin per vote will at least create the illusion of more activity. It would help.

5. Osiris

Osiris Well-Known Member Official Author

I dont think creators should get coins, that promotes track spamming. However I do agree you should get coins for voting. Maybe get 5 coins for voting, then add more expensive hats to balance the economy. They should have >100 ideas for hats from mobile, so more hats+coins for voting= tracks getting voted on and played a lot more.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    AidantheNarwhal likes this.
  6. gun

gun Well-Known Member Official Author

yes there should be something announced because people are voting less and less in general, the plays are staying about the same

Edit: I also think it would increase the amount of people playing free rider, the more likes some one gets the better they feel therefor they play it more! there must be an economic term for this

7. xLegendx

xLegendx Well-Known Member Official Author

I'd say one coin for liking/disliking, but we shouldn't give any for subscribing. And there'd also be the problem of people pressing random, liking the track, and repeating.

Golden.Grizzly and Osiris like this.
  8. gun

gun Well-Known Member Official Author

Yeah, so i think if you complete the track and vote you get a coin. or they could just increase the coins you get for voting 10 tracks (aceviment) and make it like 30 tracks

Osiris likes this.
  9. Osiris

Osiris Well-Known Member Official Author

I think giving a coin for completing would solve this. Yeah people would still get on random and like tracks but if they get a coin for completing they probably won't spam likes.

10. Enacted

Enacted Well-Known Member Official Author

Yeah, but it would take clicking on 100 tracks tracks to get 100 coins, and you can get that in achievements in a few minutes, and it's more fun. I think it would be fine to give 1 coin for liking a track, it would boost economy and morale of authors. I also think that it would be good for official authors to get 1 coin per like, because they are less likely(pun intended) to spam stuff. I think it would be fine to give 1 coin for liking a track, it would boost economy and morale of authors. I agree with Volund that we should eliminate the dislike, it's just hate. People put time into creating tracks, and to see them get tons of dislikes is demoralizing. If people have problems, they should say so in the comments. There should, though, be a 'report' or more clear 'inappropriate' button for tracks that really deserve it.

FatLard212, xLegendx and Osiris like this.
  11. iTzChuckNorris

So the general consensus seems to be everyone gets +1 coin for voting up or down on any given track.

officials get +1 if one of their tracks is thumbs upped?

Maybe just the coins for voting as stated in my first post. Simplicity is always best, and the goal here is to get more people to vote. but I'd be fine either way. I just want to see progressive change on here. Frhd can be saved imo.
    Char Eric thoughts?

I think this small change will make an extremely noticable difference. The illusion of activity will motivate, and therefore create actual activity. Please do this. It CANT be hard to add. Don't make me beg

gun, Osiris, Volund and 1 other person like this.
  12. Enacted

Enacted Well-Known Member Official Author

yess! now they have to listen! A real legend is asking them!!!

13. iTzChuckNorris

Lol if only! There's so many things I would change around here >.>

Enacted likes this.
  14. WheelieWaffle1

WheelieWaffle1 Well-Known Member Official Author

I agree 110%