1. Dismiss Notice

All my update ideas

Discussion in 'Have an idea? Post it here!' started by TallTexan, Nov 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TallTexan

TallTexan Well-Known Member Official Author

Most of the ideas I have are for the drawing software since that is the backbone of all of frhd
    1. There should be a tutorial for the editor. There are a lot of people who don't know all of the features within the editor for example a friend of mine didn't know the grid size was changeable until I told him a year after he found out about frhd and I have heard countless people say they just discovered there was a grid after using the software for months.
    2. There should be a way to select cut copy and paste and move. This could be helpful to people who draw windows, bricks, trees or anything that you have to draw multiple times or when you draw something rather large in the wrong place.
    3. In my opinion there should be a line that goes in front of the bike. Y'all have a line that is where the bike is and one for scenery behind the bike but not one that that goes in front of the bike. This could be helpful for forests and things that should go in front of the bike. The only problem I see is that some people might fill the whole track in with that line so you couldn't see what you are doing so it could be slightly transparent.
    4. There is still a grid when the grid is off. This isn't a problem with big things but when you get to detailing the small stuff this can be quite sickening. Now idk if it is possible to fix this issue but it might be something to look in to.
    5. Being able to zoom in more. Once you start drawing small stuff you can't see what you are doing at times maybe if you could zoom in to 1000% that would solve that issue.
    6. Publish on the offline editor. I mostly use the offline editor to draw all my tracks so this would be a great feature but it's not necessary.
    7. A place to store your tracks online. I can use two different computers so I would like to store the file somewhere within the forums so I can get to it on both (yes I know about the pm's but I mean just for tracks)
    8. Adjustable line thickness. This could be useful in filling to thicken the line or this can be helpful in fine detailing like trees, and such to make the line thinner
    9. update the offline editor y'all are adding some updates to the online editor but not to the offline one
    10. bring back the #4 grid we need more small grids for filling it's horrible to have to fill without the grid simply because there isn't the right size available
    11. featured track authors y'all award the track but not the author it would be nice if y'all made a featured author (like OA) but with a featured track requirement so that the author gets some credit
    12. double click for full screen just a simple thought for full screening a track
    13. pin comments on a track
    14. find a player y'all have this in the forums but you need it i the game
    15. lines that move back and forth good for drawbridges ,gates,cars,ect
    16. rubber lines good for rope bridges, rope, balloons ect
    This is all my ideas atm but I may add more.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  2. F-O-X

F-O-X Well-Known Member Official Author

They were too laggy.

3. TallTexan

thanks Char & Eric or who ever did it for adding the grid size to the task bar :)

4. BattleBro

BattleBro Member Official Author

For number 7, have you considered Dropbox? I also use two computers and it works well...

F-O-X likes this.
  5. TallTexan

that was my least considered problem

6. BattleBro

Oh sorry...

7. TallTexan

(0_o) what for??

8. BattleBro

Giving you advice that you didn't want... :unsure:

9. TallTexan

I wanted it.
    anything that gets people to look at this

10. Elqte

Elqte Well-Known Member Official Author

I don't think Number 6 would be possible

11. TallTexan

maybe if I could sign in on it

12. SlashDash

SlashDash Member Official Author

#2, and #8 would be the best. A thick line would make shading much easier, but then you could also do some really fine detailing as well. Copy/paste and moving would be nice, but I don't really see the purpose, other than when a layout mistake is made.

Elqte likes this.
  13. TallTexan

well I could use copy /paste for windows on some of my city tracks

14. TallTexan