1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest,
If you are interested in ghosting, go check the Ghosting Awards for March 2024 Click here to check it out.

Update Development Update

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Char, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Volund

Volund ithring VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Just wanted an update on this stuff, now that we're into October. How's everything going dev wise? You mentioned a new dev being introduced soon, could we expect more stuff to happen when he/she arrives? What do you want to do next? What's your priorities? etc :thumbsup:

Whisk, Lowkeyy and Osiris like this.
  2. IINDIIEGO

IINDIIEGO Member

There is a really important thing Char
    All FRHD PLAYERS Spend lot of Time on COLORING DIFFERENT SPACES with grey or black lines
    I want a filling function like in PAINT etc. It will save ur time!!
    please do that

Smuckers likes this.
  3. Lowkeyy

Lowkeyy Member Official Author

well they got to make it a challenge. all the people that got featured will be wasted

EthMan likes this.
  4. Lowkeyy

5. Lowkeyy

actually. they should make colored lines but that would destroy the game

6. weem

weem FREE RIDER LEGEND Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    freerider2.org did that and ended up being the worst fr2 db lol

7. Lowkeyy

oh. haha

8. Phase

Phase Well-Known Member Official Author

Seriously Char when are you going to roll this out?
    I decided to share some of my ideas to the community:

Live Races: FRHD mobile would be awesome if there was a section for live racing, which will make the players more addicted to the game and stay on the game more. It's one of the things FRHD lacks in general. Imagine all the money you all are wasting not adding something to make your players get unlimited rounds. This leads me to the next topic I am going to tell you about.

Limited Rounds: You could add another FRHD app that costs money to enter, and add an occasional advertisement every so tracks and add another purchase for ad blocker. With the Free Rider HD Pro App, you can have it cost somewhere near 10-15 dollars and any purchase on the FRHD store above that price gets you Free Rider HD Pro App free or 50% off. All you have to do is enter you FRHD username and password and if it works you get if. for free or 50% off. Just imagine all the money you could be making made a second app with unlimited XP.

Uploading Tracks Once a day: I know you could also do this for FRHD.com, so this is going to be a broad topic, but I think you should have a one a day publish of a track, where anyone from mobile could create a track on IOS or android that needs to be approved by a mod before being published to the entire world and if it is declined for inappropriate usage or spam it gets deleted, but if it gets denied because of lack of quality the track can be playable through the person's social media friends if linked with Facebook and I'm not sure, but if there are friends on mobile it can only be played through their friends. This would make players happy and believe their track is super popular even if they lack skill.

FRHD App Tracks Published: I was also thinking that if your track gets published worldwide on the app, there can be a little ribbon next to the OA star with a number on it and that signifies that you have a certain amount of published tracks on the app and a certain amount of leaderboard times on the app. You could also do this for Featured tracks in the future. There could be a ribbon that says how many featured tracks the authors has, and featured Top 10's and when you click on it it takes you to a page that says every featured track top 10 and your rank.

List of Your Top 5 Tracks: On your Profile page there should be a customizable list at the top of the page that you can change once a week and pro users get to change it whenever. This will influence players to get pro and increase your profit, while increasing player happiness which will make players want to stay and possibly pay more money.

Undeletable Tracks: I know that deleting tracks has been a major idea throughout FRHD, and you probably don't understand how big of a deal this is. Players get judged 24/7 by other players cuz of their old bad tracks, and they improved, but people will never understand that until that person has to make an alternative account and then everyone can finally appreciate their tracks, and relieve stress from the players who used to have bad tracks and can finally help them really enjoy the game. It can also lower the amount of alts, so there is no excuse for players to alt like/dislike any tracks even though that has stopped now that Crossback is banned. I heard that only thing standing in your way from gold is a reversable way, so players don't lose their track forever. So I decided that the easiest way to make it reversable is to have a track trash can and undeletable tracks, that need mod permission to be deleted if you really improved and want to delete all those tracks. Once a track is deleted, there is a track trash can that has a link of https://www.freeriderhd.com/u/example_player/created/trash that requires you to be logged in to view. You can't permanently delete the tracks from your track, but you can bring them back, and if your track ever gets deleted or re-entered there will be an alert and it'll be very bold and stand out. That way authors can finally relax and really have fun with the game.

Disabled Dislike Button For Featured Tracks: The only reason why featured tracks would get dislikes is because some guy is really mad, dislike spammer, trying to get his track to the top, or players think the track is too hard, but I don't think those should be valid reasons for disliking a track with proven quality.

Reason for Disliking a Track: This idea is simple, players need a valid reason for disliking a track, and this will lower the probability of dislike spammers and bots. You might also want to add one of those bot tests to ensure you don't have any bot spams. :thumbsup:

Less strict rules: I know I'm probably favoring this because I'm permanently banned, for small blunders, but I also think that certain breaks in the rules that aren't harmful should not be in a result of a ban, such as posting funny irrelevant, but non inappropriate content shouldn't be the descision for a lifetime ban, although I do think you should be stricter on bullying on the forums, and having the person being bullied decide if he wants the person to be banned or not. I also think that threads like the pssst thread shouldn't be taken down unless things get real inappropriate or people are getting mad. You basically shut down what was causing your forum to be more active then ever.

Coins for Featured Track Leaderboard: I believe that this has been a thought of topic for a while, well at least coins for leaderboard Ghosts, so look no further, I have a plan to solve all of this. On featured tracks you get 1k for 1st 500 for second 250 for third 200 for top 5 and 100 for top 10. Honestly I think it should be worth a lot more, but that's your descision. All of the prices, coins, prizes, etc. I've put out are just examples.

Mobile Equality: In case you don't know, there are several simple protocols that need to be done for mobile that will make ghosting on mobile equally as fair as on a computer, so people don't leave because they don't want to use a computer to play Free Rider and they know how hard it is to play on mobile vs a computer. That's why you need to have a way to go back checkpoints and a way to spacebar.

Online Way To Save Tracks: The most frustrating part of Free Rider is losing tracks so often and not being able to send tracks easily that are really large. What you should do is make a save track button instead of Export, but leave import as an option, so people don't lose their work. Then, you get the option to add and delete players to the WIP and it automatically saves. You can also share the WIP by view only on the post your WIP thread or something similar to that. I would also like to include the idea of having it possible to work on the same WIP from different devices at the same time kinda like in google docs.

Finally, WE NEED ANOTHER OFFICIAL CONTEST!!!: Another Official Contest is just what you need to attract the high quality well known authors that noobs wish to see again. It's kinda sad to see there be only one Official Contest and players like me who just joined feel sad everyday looking at a player with the award of another player who won even though you never had a shot. You should make it a yearly thing man. Imagine all the players you would attract and the money you'll make.

FRHD News Feed: You know how you have Official threads, you should have news worthy threads, that Thread mods choose for a certain duration, which puts them on a special carousel on both forums and free rider. This will make more players aware of the forums and make the forums easier to access for players with lack of experience.

Bring back the news team: That would just be a great opportunity to keep older players from leaving your game. There are a bunch of people willing. WHOA!!! THIS WISH CAME TRUE!!!

Real pay for Featured Tracks: I know this sounds stupid and a total waste of money, but FRHD is very close to losing every good track maker and as soon as that happens Free Rider will be dead along with it’s app. Most people say money matters more now, but if Kano gives a trackmaker x amount of dollars for every featured track, then it will entice people to make more good tracks. Honestly I can see some flaws in this idea myself, but it’s what the majority wanted.

More Mods from the Game: WheelieMaker, Ishu, Reborn, Elibloodthirst, pssst, and Maple are good ideas for a new mod. If you really want to get promoted or a raise. Here is one of a million good ideas. These people are highly respected and if you give mod to WM Ishu or pssst, then the really good authors will stay.

Disable Dislike Button: ^^^Read above^^^

Slower Bit Rate-Screw Spacebarring: Yeah, seriously spacebarring is kinda cheating the game and your app will never take off if the biker moves that fast. I’m just saying a slight bit rate change, so it isn’t as difficult.

Different Checkpoints: The normal Checkpoint stays, but add a checkpoint that doesn’t add to your time as well.

More Official Stuff: Another Official Contest, News Team, Update that we actually want

More Shades of Gray: Sounds a little weird, but if there was a lighter and darker gray it would act as a color scheme. People really want colors, but it would be too distracting, so different gray shades would be nice

Deleting Tracks: Read above

Unbanning me?: Lol, ok this is a big stretch, ok, yeah, I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to do it. I just feel like a year ban on a kid who just turned 14 is a little harsh. I promise to only give advice like this and stuff from now on in your forums that you work so hard on. Some people just don’t get it Charlie Bodman, but I seriously am just trying all I can to keep FRHD alive. I’ll stop now before this gets too personal lol.

Free Rider is A Copy of YouTube!?!: Idk if you know this or not, but most of the kids at my school including me feel like Free Rider isn’t very original. It feels like YouTube, but with tracks. I know this isn’t what people have said, but people don’t want to go to a site that is practically copied. You should try to modify some things to make it look less like YouTube.

Elite Authors or Tier System:

Elite Author:
    Read Above. Lol when will this be real

Tier System: Okay, It’s obvious that Maple Lolz and Stig are Tier 1,which means they are the best of the best. They can be Tier mods and add people to Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4 and Tier 5 along with the people they chose to be Tier 1. There could also be some Tier 2 people who are Tier mods, who can make anyone Tier 2-5, but they can’t overrule people’s Tier’s without a Tier 1 or Admin approval. You can’t move down in Tiers unless you are caught copying or something like that.

And plz don't forget my suggestions for FRHD here:

Remember these are just ideas and you can modify them in to the coolest game ever. Seriously Kano could be dead if you lose every track maker on FRHD. It would also be cool if you were on FRHD forums as much as you are on FRHD. I hope this sends correctly because my ban screws up everything for me. :(

EthMan, CIorox, F-O-X and 2 others like this.
  9. Phase

Read when I posted that

10. Smuckers

Smuckers Member

I didnt read any of the comments after my post until now so my reply is a bit late. Freerider 2 had many types of vehicles, there was never any trouble with cheating because the author chose the vehicle you used. I dont know where the idea of adding a glider is from. Freerider has lost more great authors then I care to say but it is because the game has been unchanged for so long that it has become stale. Adding things might bring some back.

11. Smuckers

Smuckers Member

I have called for this too. This thing really pisses me off because it seems reasonable and possible, and yet they refuse to do it.

12. Smuckers

Smuckers Member

Can we get rid of the 200 track cap limit. Its stupid, and why do we have it anyway?

13. Osiris

Osiris Well-Known Member Official Author

People would make huge tracks which makes the great work of those that color there tracks easy to do and less valuable. And say someone colors the whole editor, it would break the game!
    It isn't stupid, it is there to stop people from spamming, and makes every track more valuable to the author. If you have uploaded 200 tracks and u aren't OA or a old member, then saying you are either bad or a spammer is an understatement.

FunBunOne and Phase like this.
  14. FunBunOne

FunBunOne Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    most is 500 for OA right?

Osiris likes this.
  15. Osiris

Osiris Well-Known Member Official Author

FunBunOne likes this.
  16. Char

Char Free Rider HD Developer Official Author

Yeah, we're going to address this soon, we just need to develop out pagination on player profiles.
    Development is in progress on a bunch of stuff.

Elqte, Whisk and KORREKT like this.
  17. Char

Char Free Rider HD Developer Official Author

Nicely done.
    I'll give this a read and give you a full answer tomorrow.
    Thanks for the ideas and feedback.

Elqte, Strawberries, mudkip and 3 others like this.
  18. Phase

Well, it’s there’s three more minutes. I can’t find the reply

FunBunOne likes this.
  19. zeke15

zeke15 Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    It may be possible to add a filler tool. I could create a non integrated version fairly simply, but because the entire track drawing system in freerider is line based, this would cause a number of other issues. The only way a fill tool could be properly and easily implemented into the freerider editor right now is to make it so that a series of horizontal or vertical lines are layered next to each other so that it appears as if the entire area is filled in. However the proximity of these lines would cause glitches with the rider. When multiple lines are overlaid or very close, contacting the hit box of the wheels, the acceleration created by this contact is scaled for every line it touches. This is why the rider seems to accelerate and glitch when riding over multiple layered. Also, creating a fill tool that fills in this way would open up the database to a large host of spam tracks. People would fill a massive area, creating a very large track, that not only overburdens the biggest track page, but it also then takes up valuable space on the freeriderhd servers. Useless tracks like this would surface more with the fill tool. It is possible to fill tracks right now, it just takes effort and time.

Whisk, Ultraviolet and Osiris like this.
  20. Ultraviolet

Ultraviolet Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Do you think it's a good idea to have two separate leaderboards? One leaderboard being the normal leaderboard where checkpoints add to your time and the other one being the old checkpoint system where checkpoints don't add to your time. Otherwise there would be no such thing as endurance anymore. For example, on tube tracks I try to ride for as long as I can even if I have to brake a lot. This won't matter with the old checkpoint system.

Calculus, Whisk and Inversely like this.